Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This looks very fishy, like a fedex envelop full of hundred dollar bills fishy.

I have been clear from the start that the no-sit transfer rule will result in massive corruption, and I am being proven right.

If he quickly commits to another big school in the transfer window, you have to imagine there was some sort of tampering going on.

Not sure how he could think there's a better option to learn from other than Ewing... especially after GTown won BET.

Reaction Score

I blame Lebron! No, hear me out.
When the best player in the game & arguably Top 5 all-time decides to leave his losing team and hook up with his “friends” to form a super-team in Miami, it resonates with kids that a quick fix is better than a long haul.
Why stick around if you can transfer to another school or team, and instantly get more exposure or start winning? If h goes to a bigger basketball conference like the ACC, signs with Duke, UNC, or Cuse for example, his “brand” grows and he gets attention that playing at GT no longer gets him. There’s no loyalty to programs, it all about me me me & mine! Nothing personal, just business.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
When the best player in the game & arguably Top 5 all-time decides to leave his losing team and hook up with his “friends” to form a super-team in Miami, it resonates with kids that a quick fix is better than a long haul.
Why stick around if you can transfer to another school or team, and instantly get more exposure or start winning? If h goes to a bigger basketball conference like the ACC, signs with Duke, UNC, or Cuse for example, his “brand” grows and he gets attention that playing at GT no longer gets him. There’s no loyalty to programs, it all about me me me & mine! Nothing personal, just business.
I stopped reading after I saw arguably top 5 all time.

Reaction Score

If I wasn't a regular poster on this board I would assume this was someone trying to be funny by saying something ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I stopped reading after I saw arguably top 5 all time.

What, LBJ is NOT top 5 all-time? Not to derail the thread but: Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kobe, LBJ...all in the mix. I don’t say definitively because it’s hard to compare eras, but if you’re suggesting Lebron is unquestionably the GOAT, you’re delusional.

Reaction Score
What, LBJ is NOT top 5 all-time? Not to derail the thread but: Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kobe, LBJ...all in the mix. I don’t say definitively because it’s hard to compare eras, but if you’re suggesting Lebron is unquestionably the GOAT, you’re delusional.

I think what he's saying is that it is not "arguable" that Lebron is in the Top 5. He is.

Reaction Score
How have you been proven right? Where is the proven corruption?
Hey, we all know BB recruiting is DIRTY !!!

I spent years covering recruiting up close at ABCD camps etc. with Sonny Vaccaro and I saw first hand how the game works.
We can't close our eyes to what is almost certainly whats going on.
$$ and various "other benefits" are provided and the free agent player leaves.
Its not gonna be good for anyone in the long-term.
You will actively have to recruit players year round. Even recruit your own players o that they stay and even then you're never sure that they will.

Do you really think that Champaign, IL just became a destination for top talent (much of it from NYC) overnight or does it have something to do with a super slimmy ex KY and Pitt assistant? Thats the name of a lot of the recruiting game.

Reaction Score
I think what he's saying is that it is not "arguable" that Lebron is in the Top 5. He is.
Fair enough, and I can agree with that. But that’s another topic completely. The point still stands that he set a bad example, and maybe we’re seeing some of that playing out today.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
bball truisms:
1. no player ever committed a foul.
2. every player knows that they are better than their record says, and they just have to find the right place to display their unappreciated superiority.
2f0882e4ad70b9f44fb79813128bd132.jpg

I WANT TO GO TO A NEW TEAM!

Reaction Score
Fair enough, and I can agree with that. But that’s another topic completely. The point still stands that he set a bad example, and maybe we’re seeing some of that coming out today.

Yeah as for that "point" I think it's pretty absurd, to be honest, so I don't think it merits much discussion. Blaming Lebron for the rash of transfers is pretty silly. Kids are transferring because they can. Ewing has had a disproportionate number of kids leave - far more than most programs - I'd be more inclined to believe that's due to something going on at Georgetown rather than Lebron's fault.

(Also, for the sake of accuracy, he dragged a pretty terrible Cavs team to the NBA finals when he was younger than Isaiah Whaley is now - his second best player was Larry Hughes or Zydruna Ilgauskas - so the idea that he cut and ran at the first opportunity is a bit off.)

Reaction Score
Hey, we all know BB recruiting is DIRTY !!!

I spent years covering recruiting up close at ABCD camps etc. with Sonny Vaccaro and I saw first hand how the game works.
We can't close our eyes to what is almost certainly whats going on.
$$ and various "other benefits" are provided and the free agent player leaves.
Its not gonna be good for anyone in the long-term.
You will actively have to recruit players year round. Even recruit your own players o that they stay and even then you're never sure that they will.

Do you really think that Champaign, IL just became a destination for top talent (much of it from NYC) overnight or does it have something to do with a super slimmy ex KY and Pitt assistant? Thats the name of a lot of the recruiting game.
Damn, I wish I met you earlier. Do you know of any good sources that provide a primer on college basketball recruiting with the ins and outs of it, the mechanics of it, and all the camps and events, and how recruits are rated?

Reaction Score
You're describing how 99.999% of Americans approach every aspect of life, but Lebron is bad for doing it?

Hopefully if someone you know leaves some corporate job to go work at a different corporation that they feel is more successful, or provides more opportunities, or more money, you let them know they are setting a bad example.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
You're describing how 99.999% of Americans approach every aspect of life, but Lebron is bad for doing it?

Hopefully if someone you know leaves some corporate job to go work at a different corporation that they feel is more successful, or provides more opportunities, or more money, you let them know they are setting a bad example.
and lets not forget these kids aren't even getting paid.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Cuse should be all over him. He’d make them pretty good next season
Yes a good way to prepare for the NBA would be to play zone defense and feed Kid picker

Reaction Score
Yup. This could hit us too.
Do people know something that I don’t? Or are fans just worried because of the nature of the transfer portal?

I keep seeing some really cryptic tweets about UConn losing people and i’m just confused. I hope it’s just concern and not any insider info that I am missing out on.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This looks very fishy, like a fedex envelop full of hundred dollar bills fishy.

I have been clear from the start that the no-sit transfer rule will result in massive corruption, and I am being proven right.
Hundred dollar bills were being passed long before the no sit transfer rule

Reaction Score
I really have no clue who a UConn guy would be. I really don’t.

All these cryptic tweets are confusing me. I’ve seen a few of that nature. Makes me have a bad feeling, but I hope it’s more just concern over the general nature of how transfers have been this year.

Reaction Score
All these cryptic tweets are confusing me. I’ve seen a few of that nature. Makes me have a bad feeling, but I hope it’s more just concern over the general nature of how transfers have been this year.
Maybe it’s in response to the past? Idk. I could potentially see one or two guys walk. But I would think someone really unhappy would enter the portal by now. We will see. I don’t see it now. Normally there are cryptic signs before someone enters the portal. Like BA saying he’s graduating early or JC losing playing time. But who knows. Weird times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom