Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal

Reaction Score
Do people know something that I don’t? Or are fans just worried because of the nature of the transfer portal?

I keep seeing some really cryptic tweets about UConn losing people and i’m just confused. I hope it’s just concern and not any insider info that I am missing out on.
No. Well at least I don’t know of any rumors but I’m just saying it’s possible considering how crazy and difficult this last season was for everyone and the fact that nobody would have to sit.

Reaction Score
No. Well at least I don’t know of any rumors but I’m just saying it’s possible considering how crazy and difficult this last season was for everyone and the fact that nobody would have to sit.
Agreed. I said in an earlier post that player retention is going to be more important now than ever

Reaction Score
You could make an NIT team out of the players who've transferred out/decommitted out of Georgetown in the last two seasons.

PF - Josh LeBlanc, 6'7 230 JR, 3.2p, 4.4r, LSU
F - Antwan Walker, 6'7 230 JR, 9.1p, 6.5r, URI
C - Qudas Wahab 6'11 237 SO - 12.7p, 8.2r, 1.6b
SG - Mac McClung, 6'2 185 JR - 15.5p, Texas Tech
PG - James Akinjo 6'1 185 JR - 15.6p, 5.4a, 40.8 3p%, Arizona

Bench:
F - Terrence Williams, 6'7 240 FR, 2.0p, 2.3r, Michigan
F - Galen Alexander, 6'6 220 SR, 9.5p, 4.7r, Texas Southern
G - Myron Gardner, 6'6 220 SO, 14.4p, 7.7r, 40.2 3p%, South Plains CC
C - Grayson Carter, 6'10 225 SO, 3.4p, UT-Arlington
Yeah I was going to say, these kids are going to drive Ewing back to the NBA. These are all his recruits, correct?

Last edited:

VCE

Reaction Score
Yeah I was going to say, these kids are going to drive Ewing back the NBA. These are all his recruits, correct?
Yes. The list is missing Chris Sodom, a 7’3 C currently at Delaware State. Marcus Derrickson and, I believe, Yurtseven both gave up a year of eligibility, but at least they’re both making money.

Ewing’s two primary failures are

1) roster management- taking three Centers in a single class, recruiting two guys who couldn’t play together/coach couldn’t present a vision for the two of them to do so, and another couple bad character kids.

2) inability to implement defenses to fit his roster. Our man d looks like zone when it comes to defending the three, so why not play a pack line or zone where at least Wahab wouldn’t have to guard the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Georgetown went from Euphoria to agony in one week. Amazing. We are so lucky, imagine AJax just deciding to transfer. We complain about a lot but Hurley really has this thing stable in an era of complete unsability
Is it unstability or instability? I always thought it was the latter.

Anyway, Wahab was a hell of a player and seemed to get plenty of playing time. It truly sucks that Georgetown and the conference has lost him. You would think at all time great NBA center like Patrick Ewing would be a great mentor for a young Center with so much talent.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You could make an NIT team out of the players who've transferred out/decommitted out of Georgetown in the last two seasons.

PF - Josh LeBlanc, 6'7 230 JR, 3.2p, 4.4r, LSU
F - Antwan Walker, 6'7 230 JR, 9.1p, 6.5r, URI
C - Qudas Wahab 6'11 237 SO - 12.7p, 8.2r, 1.6b
SG - Mac McClung, 6'2 185 JR - 15.5p, Texas Tech
PG - James Akinjo 6'1 185 JR - 15.6p, 5.4a, 40.8 3p%, Arizona

Bench:
F - Terrence Williams, 6'7 240 FR, 2.0p, 2.3r, Michigan
F - Galen Alexander, 6'6 220 SR, 9.5p, 4.7r, Texas Southern
G - Myron Gardner, 6'6 220 SO, 14.4p, 7.7r, 40.2 3p%, South Plains CC
C - Grayson Carter, 6'10 225 SO, 3.4p, UT-Arlington

Gardner at 6-6 and 40% from 3 seems intriguing.

Reaction Score
This looks very fishy, like a fedex envelop full of hundred dollar bills fishy.

I have been clear from the start that the no-sit transfer rule will result in massive corruption, and I am being proven right.
Nostrafreakindamus

Reaction Score
I see Wahab going to one of the Power 5 football schools that are still playing basketball. Alabama , Oregon, UCLA. Lew Perkins was right when he pushed the clueless UConn elite to get us into top level football.

Reaction Score
Is it unstability or instability? I always thought it was the latter.

Anyway, Wahab was a hell of a player and seemed to get plenty of playing time. It truly sucks that Georgetown and the conference has lost him. You would think at all time great NBA center like Patrick Ewing would be a great mentor for a young Center with so much talent.
You sir are correct, and to think I teach kindergarteners

Reaction Score
Georgetown was ranked #23 of all universities last year. He's not going to the Ivy League. Duke, Northwestern, Stanford, Vandy I guess would be considered upgrades. Strange move.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
not a fan of wahabs game, ergo, he'll prolly end up in 'the feet stuck in the mud' conference.
purrrrfect.

Reactions: VCE
Reaction Score
Georgetown was ranked #23 of all universities last year. He's not going to the Ivy League. Duke, Northwestern, Stanford, Vandy I guess would be considered upgrades. Strange move.
I suspect he’s not there for the academic ranking. You’d think, however, as a big man learning under Ewing you couldn’t do much better.

Reaction Score
Yeah as for that "point" I think it's pretty absurd, to be honest, so I don't think it merits much discussion. Blaming Lebron for the rash of transfers is pretty silly. Kids are transferring because they can. Ewing has had a disproportionate number of kids leave - far more than most programs - I'd be more inclined to believe that's due to something going on at Georgetown rather than Lebron's fault.

(Also, for the sake of accuracy, he dragged a pretty terrible Cavs team to the NBA finals when he was younger than Isaiah Whaley is now - his second best player was Larry Hughes or Zydruna Ilgauskas - so the idea that he cut and ran at the first opportunity is a bit off.)
I hear you, but i consider this more of my grumpy old man “get-off-my-lawn” perspective. LBJ has earned my respect, no way he could not since he’s this generations best player. But I still think he was soft for that move to Miami. JMO

Reaction Score
I hear you, but i consider this more of my grumpy old man “get-off-my-lawn” perspective. LBJ has earned my respect, no way he could not since he’s this generations best player. But I still think he was soft for that move to Miami. JMO
Celtics fan?

Reaction Score

Whose next??

Edit: Based on what i’ve read on twitter, it seems like a lot of people are expecting Fatts to commit to Maryland today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom