Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgetown’s Qudus Wahab in transfer portal

Reaction Score
Couldn’t believe it and actually jumped on the ‘yard as soon as I seen the headline, something definitely is going on with Pat Ewing, this ain’t a good look AT ALL and the administration has to look into why players keep leaving their university

Reaction Score
What the heck is going on at Georgetown? Don't these players appreciate what a great coach Ewing is? ? That's a loss. I was impressed with him in the games I saw.

Reaction Score
What a stupid tweet.

By all accounts, G'Town had a great season, overachieved with win total, finished VERY strong, great class coming in. Super-positive trajectory.

Hinting that "not winning" is an issue is asinine.
That last game showed how far away they are from the top teams. Maybe that caused him to realize it? How much better would they be than 13-13 next year?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes all that no evidence you have proves it beyond a doubt.
If anyone can sit there and honestly say that the no sit rule hasn't promoted coaches and programs to poach players from another program they must be living in a cave with blinders on
This ruling promotes as close to legal tampering as any rule in any sport - the NCAA being permissive and trying to look woke during the pandemic has opened a can of worms
I need absolutely zero evidence to aver that there is tampering with players to use this ruling to sell them into making a move for better or worse.
Arizona, Kansas, UNC, Pitino (both), LSU, Louisville, Illinois, Auburn, USC, Oregon are among the most obvious who will practice the tampering knowing that the NCAA will turn a blind eye

Reaction Score
You could make an NIT team out of the players who've transferred out/decommitted out of Georgetown in the last two seasons.

PF - Josh LeBlanc, 6'7 230 JR, 3.2p, 4.4r, LSU
F - Antwan Walker, 6'7 230 JR, 9.1p, 6.5r, URI
C - Qudas Wahab 6'11 237 SO - 12.7p, 8.2r, 1.6b
SG - Mac McClung, 6'2 185 JR - 15.5p, Texas Tech
PG - James Akinjo 6'1 185 JR - 15.6p, 5.4a, 40.8 3p%, Arizona

Bench:
F - Terrence Williams, 6'7 240 FR, 2.0p, 2.3r, Michigan
F - Galen Alexander, 6'6 220 SR, 9.5p, 4.7r, Texas Southern
G - Myron Gardner, 6'6 220 SO, 14.4p, 7.7r, 40.2 3p%, South Plains CC
C - Grayson Carter, 6'10 225 SO, 3.4p, UT-Arlington

Reaction Score
- the NCAA being permissive and trying to look woke during the pandemic has opened a can of worms

Nene Leakes Eye Roll GIF by I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding - Find & Share on  GIPHY

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Ryan Mutumbo...lol...Georgetown is private school Indiana, trapped by wanting the 80s and 90s to come back rather than evolving. Drowning in their own BS.
and speaking of bs, given the transfermania hitting both gtown and st johns, at least we can finally put to rest all that hot nonsense of this past season for how wonderful their trajectories are. even if we lose a body or two, no one reasonably thinks that our winning core is going anywhere. thank you, coach dan. it's fun to be on UConn's team, both players and fans.

Reaction Score
Damn, I was in immediate shock when I read the headline to this thread and it has not worn off yet. I am like everybody else wondering why. What pushed him to do this? The whole losing thing doesn't pass the sniff test-they just won the BET and exceeded expectations by making the NCAA tournament. I like Ewing a ton, but this is a bad look with the mass exodus over the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
I like Ewing’s style but maybe it’s too old school for today’s players? Very sad to see this.

Perhaps. But if it's new school coaching, aka small ball, he'll probably get less touches during the course of a season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll bet anything it's an ACC program convincing him he'll have better competition and tv exposure in that conference. That's my guess. My inkling.

YARN | Money talks and Stop takes the bus. | The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) | Video clips by quotes | 0b3e1875 | 紗 (getyarn.io)
Yeah that's a good educated guess or something really bad happened to him while at GTown and it's not released to the public (and would never be). Maybe an incident at practice or on campus, who knows? I know people pick on nelsonmuntz, and I certainly don't agree with some of his posts, but he is correct that the immediate transfer rule, without sitting one year, makes it conducive for tampering$. The reasons stated by Wahab's guardian just do not make sense.

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see where he ends up....CBB has become a free agency free for all.

It's certainly more fair to the players this way but makes it very difficult to build up programs.

Reaction Score
This is probably the beginning of the end for Ewing. You can't be successful with major turnover each year. Wasn't this kid the cornerstone of his program moving forward?

Reaction Score
If I were an African American student and a faculty member said what that law professor said I’d be out, too.

Reaction Score
If I were an African American student and a faculty member said what that law professor said I’d be out, too.
If you were an undergrad at a school with 7,500 kids and a faculty member of a graduate school there said something awful and got fired you'd leave the school? You'd never get all of your stuff unpacked in the new dorm before you'd have to transfer again. Of all of the boneyard takes this is one of the hotter ones.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you were an undergrad at a school with 7,500 kids and a faculty member of a graduate school there said something awful and got fired you'd leave the school? You'd never get all of your stuff unpacked in the new dorm before you'd have to transfer again. Of all of the boneyard takes this is one of the hotter ones.
Not to mention, the professor was fired immediately.

Reaction Score
When they announced this year didn't count for eligibility and that transfers would be eligible immediately, you knew there was going to be a free for all this offseason. Any player who is even somewhat unhappy with their college experience has a free pass to try another school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom