2023 Recruiting: - Coen Carr Offer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Coen Carr Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can I get a breakdown of the Stewart, Carr, and Middleton? I haven’t watched a ton of these guys but am I way off here?

Carr looks to be more of a PF and dunks everything, doesn’t look like he has much offensive game besides that. However, I would love to snag him, he’s a freak

Stewart seems to be most skilled offensively, don’t know about his defense and seems more old school than the other two.

Middleton looks like an athlete and a good defender, offensively probably raw like Carr and doesn’t dunk like him, but I’m guessing a better shooter

Just curious as I have been cooling on Middleton for awhile, ever since we lost Edwards there hasn’t been a guy I was ecstatic on getting at the position. Out of these 3 I feel like I’d want Stewart or Carr over Middleton anyways. If Carr has a jumper he’s who I want, if not I’m leaning towards Stewart.

Reaction Score
Can I get a breakdown of the Stewart, Carr, and Middleton? I haven’t watched a ton of these guys but am I way off here?

Carr looks to be more of a PF and dunks everything, doesn’t look like he has much offensive game besides that. However, I would love to snag him, he’s a freak

Stewart seems to be most skilled offensively, don’t know about his defense and seems more old school than the other two.

Middleton looks like an athlete and a good defender, offensively probably raw like Carr and doesn’t dunk like him, but I’m guessing a better shooter

Just curious as I have been cooling on Middleton for awhile, ever since we lost Edwards there hasn’t been a guy I was ecstatic on getting at the position. Out of these 3 I feel like I’d want Stewart or Carr over Middleton anyways. If Carr has a jumper he’s who I want, if not I’m leaning towards Stewart.

Middleton and Carr are basically non-shooters. Overall Carr is more advanced offensively. Stewart has the best skillset, but isn't as athletic.

Reaction Score
Middleton and Carr are basically non-shooters. Overall Carr is more advanced offensively. Stewart has the best skillset, but isn't as athletic.
Thanks! I would be happy with any of them, but I'm leaning Stewart, Carr, Middleton in that order in terms of wish list

Reaction Score
i feel for whoever is leading stewart's recruitment. no direct flights from Bradley to SeaTac and it's gonna take quite a few to land him... 13 months max before he makes a decision and there's a lot of ground to make up having just offered, especially against the likes of gonzaga and ucla

i'm more optimistic about carr given the castle connection and the fact that staff will be down in GA all the time where they can watch both. hopefully carr keeps growing and shows up on campus at 6'7 220 with no choice but to play PF haha. i'm sure AJ didnt expect to end up playing PF either...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

“I’ve known him since we were in middle school. He definitely is (recruiting me),” Carr said of Castle, a 6-6 guard. “He’s been telling me that us as a duo would be crazy and stuff like that, and that they’re a good program.”

Reaction Score
i feel for whoever is leading stewart's recruitment. no direct flights from Bradley to SeaTac and it's gonna take quite a few to land him... 13 months max before he makes a decision and there's a lot of ground to make up having just offered, especially against the likes of gonzaga and ucla

i'm more optimistic about carr given the castle connection and the fact that staff will be down in GA all the time where they can watch both. hopefully carr keeps growing and shows up on campus at 6'7 220 with no choice but to play PF haha. i'm sure AJ didnt expect to end up playing PF either...
Gonzaga and UCLA haven't been recruiting him for a long time and haven't offered him yet and where are you getting this 13 month timeline?

Reaction Score
where are you getting this 13 month timeline?
the class of '23 will be starting fall semester in 13 months

this tweet was from last month. idk if it's accurate but stewart retweeted

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the class of '23 will be starting fall semester in 13 months

this tweet was from last month. idk if it's accurate but stewart retweeted

You made it sound like it's going to be 13 months until he makes his decision and you made it sound like we have a lot of ground to make up on Gonzaga and UCLA in his recruitment.

Reaction Score
Borges working hard down at Peach Jam.

“I’ve known him since we were in middle school. He definitely is (recruiting me),” Carr said of Castle, a 6-6 guard. “He’s been telling me that us as a duo would be crazy and stuff like that, and that they’re a good program.”

Alternate free link:

UConn men’s basketball target Coen Carr being recruited by friend, future Husky Stephon Castle

Reaction Score
I am probably in the same boat. I have a very, very hard time getting excited about non-shooters that want to play on the wing any more.
Agreed but I've sold myself on Coen playing PF if he's really 6'7 ~215. He can drive and cut and finish and seems like a decent passer. I think he has a lot more in common with AJ as a small ball 4 than with Whaley as a center standing in the corner.

KU just won a chip with Jalen Wilson at PF playing alongside a traditional C. Even tho Wilson only shot 25% from 3 he was able to stretch the floor just enough in other ways.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with the premise our shooting needed improvement and for a few years Chief has been advocating for shooters. Having said that, athletes are still very much needed.
As anyone whose played with great scorers realizes very quickly, you only have one ball. You need players who can do other things too. And if someone can throw good lop passes to a dunker that’s works as well. Remember DHam and Brimah?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Neither did Roscoe Smith (aka: "the rebounding machine")

Reaction Score
He needed a 5th dribble to avoid the blatant travel
Maybe NCAA will adopt the NBA/FIBA rules by the time he gets to school. Definitely a travel by NCAA standards now but still crazy athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom