2023 Recruiting: - Coen Carr Offer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Coen Carr Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't recall many "people unenthused", I remember more intimating that these two guys are "Plan B".
I’m no Hurley apologist I begged him to take people that could create a shot last offseason and to not start the lineup we did that was so limited offensively and a lot of us were totally unenthused by Middleton. The vids I saw were just a bigger kid scoring in HS. Didn’t look like a natural scorer to me. Highly ranked obviously but more athlete/long than skilled.

Count me in camp of getting more guys that can shoot and create off the bounce. Seems like Carr can create off bounce and athletic freak (Middleton while athletic didn’t seem like a freak) and Stewart seems like the guy a lot of us like since he can create and shoot. Seems like in general (as a philosophy) Hurley has come around on that, too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For a portion of the board, yes. You can read through all the Middleton threads to see people unenthused by him even when they thought we were the leaders.
I read that mega-Middleton thread. Just one guy in the 125th post stated he'd rather have Carr and that was it for the negativity until it looked like he wasn't coming. Which is my point. This post is what I call weirdly confrontational.

Reaction Score
I read that mega-Middleton thread. Just one guy in the 125th post stated he'd rather have Carr and that was it for the negativity until it looked like he wasn't coming. Which is my point. This post is what I call weirdly confrontational.
@husky429 who breaks down players all the time said he was a non shooter and he couldn’t get excited about him. A few other people mentioned how his highlight was filled with defense which wasn’t too much to get enthused about. Why is this the hill you want to die on?

Reaction Score
@husky429 who breaks down players all the time said he was a non shooter and he couldn’t get excited about him. A few other people mentioned how his highlight was filled with defense which wasn’t too much to get enthused about. Why is this the hill you want to die on?

He doesn't understand subtlety. Me saying I'm a little nervous about a player, or suggesting he might needs a couple years to pan out is usually as negative as I'll get. Parents read this board. No one needs to hear "your kid sucks"... even if I kind of think it's true.

Reaction Score

Another thing to remember: if i remember correctly, both Carr and Stewart weren't on the board's radar until well after we learned of Middleton. Early in the thread, there wouldn't be much about them as they relate to SM.

Reaction Score

Hmm...no mention of the good guys here and seems like a guy who may be wanting to stay in the south. I know we seem to be prioritizing him and Stewart, but feel like we're in an uphill battle in terms of location for both. This is why alot of the time it's important to win the local recruiting battles, but for whatever reason we seemed to have backed off the local guys this year.

Reaction Score
With G. G. Jackson decommitting from UNC and committing to his home state University of South Carolina I would suspect that more SC players might take a second look at staying home

Reaction Score

Hmm...no mention of the good guys here and seems like a guy who may be wanting to stay in the south. I know we seem to be prioritizing him and Stewart, but feel like we're in an uphill battle in terms of location for both. This is why alot of the time it's important to win the local recruiting battles, but for whatever reason we seemed to have backed off the local guys this year.
It does seem like we’re on the outside looking in for Carr. Either that, or he’s not a major target. I disagree about an uphill battle for Stewart, though. Geography aside, it appears we could be the frontrunner if we decide to make a strong push. I’d be content with Stewart and Singare. It does not appear we’re out on Estrella, either.

Reaction Score
I know we seem to be prioritizing him and Stewart, but feel like we're in an uphill battle in terms of location for both. This is why alot of the time it's important to win the local recruiting battles, but for whatever reason we seemed to have backed off the local guys this year.
as the only p6 university in new england (not counting BCU), we should be the team to beat for elite new england recruits, plain and simple.

no one is expecting us to sign all of them, but we also cant miss out on all of them and still expect to start winning the BE and making deep tourney runs again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With G. G. Jackson decommitting from UNC and committing to his home state University of South Carolina I would suspect that more SC players might take a second look at staying home
carr is from GA but he did say SC was "second closest to home" so it could still be a deciding factor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Coen Carr, Georgia Stars – Carr is an extreme athlete and perhaps the most violent leaper in the national class of 2022. He makes the type of momentum changing finishes that can immediately flip the energy of a game, but the crux of his evaluation is whether there is potential to develop beyond that niche. I believe there is. He shows touch, both at the rim as a finisher, as well as at the free-throw line, and when his feet are set and he’s in rhythm, there’s shooting potential to the arc. He already defends bigger guys defensively and moves his feet well enough so that he should have versatility on that end. He’ll even show glimpses of being able to make a quick play with the ball in the open floor. In short, his athleticism is his calling card and that alone makes him a high-major prospect, but I believe there’s potential to be much more than just a finisher down the road.

Reaction Score
Kenya mighta snagged one here who knows.

But we Don’t need a guy who thinks he’s a wing even tho he can’t shoot.

Reaction Score
Kenya mighta snagged one here who knows.

But we Don’t need a guy who thinks he’s a wing even tho he can’t shoot.
Remember when bendm expressed concerns about the 2023 recruiting class that everyone said was gonna be the best ever. And then we missed some people, and then on the Scottie Middleton thread he got concerned and 25 people freaked out on him saying he and this board gets worried over nothing…

As I said 2 weeks ago, this 2023 class might still be good, but not a masterpiece

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Remember when bendm expressed concerns about the 2023 recruiting class that everyone said was gonna be the best ever. And then we missed some people, and then on the Scottie Middleton thread he got concerned and 25 people freaked out on him saying he and this board gets worried over nothing…

As I said 2 weeks ago, this 2023 class might still be good, but not a masterpiece
If we get Jaylin Stewart I strongly disagree with this assessment.

Reaction Score
UConn not even mentioned with a chance for him. Michigan State with the very likely commitment according to this article. Tennessee, Indiana and Vanderbilt are also being considered. So @bendm will be happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom