2023 Recruiting: - Coen Carr Offer | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Coen Carr Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OR you act as a responsible program and keep your options open even if you think he’s going to commit. Crazier things have happened
That’s completely fair. But considering Scotty says he’s announcing before the weekend, it’s interesting timing

Reaction Score
Carr was unranked back in January, but is now ranked #61 in 247's composite ranking.

Part of this could be a "bit" of a growth spurt he's experienced since his listed size grew from 6'4 165 to 6'7 201 based on his timeline on 247.

From on3.com “I feel like I’m a player that brings energy, defense, and I feel like I’m a gamechanger. I can change the game around, and bring the game in our favor.”

Carr says he wants to improve his playmaking, ball handling, passing, and shooting. He says his biggest strength is finishing and his defensive capabilities."

Middleton was known for his defense, so offering Carr seems like a sensible new target assuming Middleton will go elsewhere.

NC State also offered this month while South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and Georgia offered last year.

I'm not a recruiting expert, but he profiles as a late riser and I expect his offers to increase in number and quality if he doesn't commit soon.

Reaction Score
Carr was unranked back in January, but is now ranked #61 in 247's composite ranking.

Part of this could be a "bit" of a growth spurt he's experienced since his listed size grew from 6'4 165 to 6'7 201 based on his timeline on 247.

From on3.com “I feel like I’m a player that brings energy, defense, and I feel like I’m a gamechanger. I can change the game around, and bring the game in our favor.”

Carr says he wants to improve his playmaking, ball handling, passing, and shooting. He says his biggest strength is finishing and his defensive capabilities."

Middleton was known for his defense, so offering Carr seems like a sensible new target assuming Middleton will go elsewhere.

NC State also offered this month while South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt and Georgia offered last year.

I'm not a recruiting expert, but he profiles as a late riser and I expect his offers to increase in number and quality if he doesn't commit soon.
So are you thinking that we are out of the Middleton sweepstakes then? We shouldn't be losing recruiting battles against Seton Hall...

Reaction Score
We shouldn't be losing recruiting battles against Seton Hall...

Yeah Right Reaction GIF by Bounce

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Oh Boy! Another guard (ballhandler) who blew up into a six foot seven jumping jack. More run and gun guys. Transition defense/offense and off to the races. This team can bring nightmares to opponents. Must also continue Uconn tradition of rebounding, shot-blocking and hopefully free throw shooting for close outs.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So are you thinking that we are out of the Middleton sweepstakes then? We shouldn't be losing recruiting battles against Seton Hall...
Sha might be a different animal than Willard, remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
I've thought OSU the whole time.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
As long as we get a good SF it’s all good. It’s not like Middleton is tearing it up this year, but we aren’t that close with any other SF right now. Carr looks like a stud and so does Stewart. The question is can we land either

Reaction Score
The question is whether any of them can reclassify to 2022. The fact that the deal has not closed on Valencia or anybody else to fill the last 2022 slot makes some of these 2023 offers more interesting

Reaction Score
Husky99 says UConn has Middleton signed sealed delivered
Husky99 needs new sources. :)

Things with recruiting change all the time. There are so many variables involved. Kevin Durant told the UConn coaches he was committing to them and then visited Texas and committed to them. Of course he also told the UNC coaches he was committing to them before visiting UConn. I guess he just had a commitment problem. Which he's also had an issue with in the NBA, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom