So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Summer Shandy was good until I tried the Porch Rocker.

Went to a Vibes concert two summers ago and fell in love with the L'kugel shandy. Then discovered Curious Traveler and liked it better. And then...discoverd the Porch Rocker and love love love that . I see the Traveler has a grapefruit concoction, the Illusive Traveler. Will have to try it.

So Dove's summer brews are: Porch Rocker while supplies last, Modelo Especial, Landsharks and the occasional experimental 6-pack.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That German grapefruit beer is the worst beer I have ever bought.
Not that it tasted that bad but it was only has 2.5% alcohol but it comes in a 11.2 oz bottle. WTF? If I really want grapefruit I’ll just get grapefruit juice. There another grapefruit beer by UFO that is equally as good. F the Germans (except for Giffey of course). As for the shandy I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Narragansett Del’s Shandy. Very hard to find but I recommend it. Only come sin 16oz cans but it’s better than Porch Rocker and Leinenkugels.
I recently heard about the Del's. Forgot to look for it.

Reaction Score
Went to a Vibes concert two summers ago and fell in love with the L'kugel shandy. Then discovered Curious Traveler and liked it better. And then...discoverd the Porch Rocker and love love love that . I see the Traveler has a grapefruit concoction, the Illusive Traveler. Will have to try it.

So Dove's summer brews are: Porch Rocker while supplies last, Modelo Especial, Landsharks and the occasional experimental 6-pack.
If you like fruity beers (not that there's anything wrong with that) Hooker has some good summer beers, Hooker Blonde and Hooker Watermelon. Blue Point Blueberry and Summer Ale are also good.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Enjoying a Leine Sunset Wheat today. Also picked up a 6 of Jack Abby's Hoponious Union - local brewer from Framingham, just to try something new.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Shandys... yecchhhh. If I want a lemonade mixed with beer, I'll mix lemonade with beer.

Road Jam by Two Roads is not bad - berries and lemongrass. It's not sweet, but then I prefer sour to sweet.

If you want a "drinkable" beer that your beer snob buddys will be okay with, I like the Full Sail session ales.

Reaction Score
Summer Shandy was good until I tried the Porch Rocker.
Ha, thought you were going to say it was good until the next day. My nephew swore off it after a really hot day of golf.

Reaction Score
I've done more research since I originally posted and here is my take on the lemon essence/lemonade beers.

1. Porch Rocker is most like beer. It is very refreshing but still has a manly flavor. I drank a couple with pizza tonight.

2. Curious Traveler. This stuff tastes so good on the boat or at the beach that it is dangerous. You could easily pound one after the other without batting an eye.

3. Summer Shandy. A little less refreshing and sweet than Curious and a little less beer essence than Porch Rocker.

To summarize, Curious is best if you are sharing with chicks and you'll be very thirsty. Porch is better with food or when playing yard games with the guys. Summer Shandy is for when you just aren't sure what the day will bring.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Pete's Wicked Summer Brew used to be my all-time favorite. Since they discontinued brewing it, I've grown accustomed to just throwing back Amstel Lights on the deck.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
22.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Landshark's a good one for the beach, pool or on the boat. Nothing complicated, good summer brew.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Found the 'gansett Del's Lemon Shandy today in Durham. By the time I popped one open it eas cool. Very good but below the Porch Rocker, to me.

I have learned that shandys are best very cold. Something is lost as they get less cold.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can enjoy the leigenkrugels shandy - tastes like bad beer mixed with lemony cough syrup. It just plain awful.

The naggy del's is ok, but it's my wife's favorite this summer, along with the road jam. Two roads continues to knock out of park.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
A summer beer that doesn't belong in the juice aisle. So so good.
i picked some Roadhouse up last night based on this recommendation. Very good, let's see how it does when the heat comes. Also: Dale's Pale Ale is excellent on a hot day.

Reaction Score
i picked some Roadhouse up last night based on this recommendation. Very good, let's see how it does when the heat comes. Also: Dale's Pale Ale is excellent on a hot day.
Dale's is DELICIOUS.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I tried Landshark at the beach today. Success.

IMG_20140629_132830_566.jpg

Reaction Score
Right around the time I turned 21 I tried to order a Landshark at Wooster St Pizza in Manchester because they had this really cool Landshark surfboard. They told me they didn't actually have it. Never tried to order it again.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Right around the time I turned 21 I tried to order a Landshark at Wooster St Pizza in Manchester because they had this really cool Landshark surfboard. They told me they didn't actually have it. Never tried to order it again.

True story.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's an interesting one.

5 Rabbit 5 Lizard Witbier

Brewery founder Andrés Araya's Latin background steered him to Cervecería Costa Rica in Central America. There he worked in beer production and logistics. No mere suds-soaked keg jockey, Araya has an master's degree in business administration from Cornell, as well as engineering degrees from Purdue. His combination of academic smarts and Latin American heritage began to meld into an artistic vision of beer making both innovative and enjoyable.

Randy Mosher is a senior instructor at Chicago's prestigious Siebel Institute — America's oldest brewing school — and has authored four books on brewing.
5 Rabbit's brew master, John Hall, also is a Siebel grad, and had a very long stint at another Chicago institution: Goose Island. His time there brought in multiple medals and accolades.
The three have conspired to weave Aztec mythology and influence into their product. The name 5 Rabbit refers to one of the five Aztec Ahuiteteo deities of excess and over-indulgence. 5 Rabbit was the leader of the 400 Rabbits, whose parents were the gods of agave and fermentation.

Witbier is a Belgian classic that is defined by the use of dried Curaçao orange peel, coriander and specific strains of yeast along with a small dose of lactic acid. What 5 Rabbit did to make a version of its own was to replace the Curaçao orange — indigenous to an island off of Venezuela — with zesty lime. Keep the coriander, of course, and then add in some passion fruit puree for an exotic touch.
Cloudy straw-yellow with a towering head, this creamy and well-carbonated thirst quencher delivers precisely what its ingredients imply. That natural lime is boosted by the lemon from the wheat and the tropical citrus from the hops. The lactic acid/yeast combo give a little dose of funk up front before fleshy passion fruit, mango, grapefruit and even more lime yields to a mildly peppery finish that's clean and memorable.
¡Bienvenida, y viva Cinco Conejo! (Welcome, and long live 5 Rabbit!)

http://www.pnj.com/story/entertainm...n-rabbit-lizard-witbier-aztec-touch/11956339/

Reaction Score
Anyone ever try the Long Trail Summer Ale? A personal summer favorite.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone ever try the Long Trail Summer Ale? A personal summer favorite.
I tried it and found it to be too hoppy for my tastes. If I'm drinking a summer beer I want it to be on the lighter side and I found the Long Trail Summer to be very hoppy and bit heavy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tried the Chimay Belgian Ale this weekend. Lived up to its reputation and then some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom