Beer | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's readily available in Connecticut (I buy all my stuff in Massachusetts because LOL Connecticut liquor prices and selection), but if you can find the new summer beer from The Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project called "American Darling", do try it.

http://prettybeer.com/wp/our-beers/american-darling/

Super refreshing. I tried some last weekend at a tasting wherein the entire Pretty Things company (Dann & Martha) were at a local liquor shop. Wonderful people and delightful beers.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I've been seeing varieties of Shiner from Spoetzel brewery, they may have new distribution in CT. Their Ruby Redbird is a summer variety made with grapefruit. It is refreshing, though people who don't care for grapefruit probably won't like it in their beer as it isn't sweetened. It's a summer beer for beer people.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've been seeing varieties of Shiner from Spoetzel brewery, they may have new distribution in CT. Their Ruby Redbird is a summer variety made with grapefruit. It is refreshing, though people who don't care for grapefruit probably won't like it in their beer as it isn't sweetened. It's a summer beer for beer people.

It goes well with seafood and lite summer bbq grub. Strong grapefruit and ginger flavors. You can use it as part of a marinade for pork or beef too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is what is on tap for tonight.

IMAG005.JPG

Reaction Score
I just can't wait until we reach elite status where other boards constantly monitor us and post 'even' random stuff about us.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just can't wait until we reach elite status where other boards constantly monitor us and post 'even' random stuff about us.

Relax Francis, it's a harmless post. And OT. And it's the offseason. And a bunch of other things...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Umm... he lives in Durham. I'm guessing NC not CT... which is probably where he saw the beer... so I doubt he's constantly monitoring say Kentucky brew pubs or food manufacturers for some Wildcat based product to post about...

Which leads me to me next question I know we've had UConn salsa... but what about beer?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Umm... he lives in Durham. I'm guessing NC not CT... which is probably where he saw the beer... so I doubt he's constantly monitoring say Kentucky brew pubs or food manufacturers for some Wildcat based product to post about...

Which leads me to me next question I know we've had UConn salsa... but what about beer?

Everything you ever wanted to know about beer?

Ask zymurg!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Everything you ever wanted to know about beer?

Ask zymurg!

This will date both me and the Boneyard.

Way back in the old timey days of the late 90's, the postmaster of our lil village showed up at my house and started to harangue me for trying to have beer delivered in the mail, for causing them so much grief when said beer bottles shattered, for making the post office smell like a bar floor, etc.

I had no clue what was going on other than I was being yelled at by a heavyset woman in a mailman's uniform and I'm trying to protest my innocence without saying anything that would cause her to call the post office police as she was promising to do. (If someone from the post office goes postal and you mention the word postal while they're going postal, they go more postal.) And then she got her in her government issue Subaru with the wheel on the wrong side and sped away.

A couple of days later, I got a plastic bag in the mail - inside the bag was another small bag with a beer-soaked piece of cardboard with Zy's return address and a written admonishment from the post office for attempting to receive beer via the mail.

Zy had sent me a sampling of hard-to-find beers and apparently some fumbly-fingered postal worker had dropped it in the sorting room.

I believe it was the first interstate misdemeanor committed on the Boneyard.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
good god, everything is a controversy on this website.

Reaction Score
No controversy as far as I am concerned. As a matter of fact I think its quite comical that all of a sudden all billboards are now being taken down. Plus I find it hard to believe that the admins at Uconn previously had no idea that these were going up.

Reaction Score

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I actually saw this billboard this AM on my way up 91 and was pretty suprised they let them do that... pumped, but suprised. But honestly, who is "offended" by a beer billboard that has the marketing logo from IMG College with the UConn logo on it? Its the IMG Sports Network if you actually look at it, not UConn Athletics. Its rediculous... I bet what happened was lawmakers in Hartford saw them, got mad phone calls from constituents, and then took it as an opportunity to pin the University with this negitive ad campaign, and force them into taking them down. Susan, WM, and team should have taken the hard stance, and kept them up- its a sponsor. You want 'big boy/girl' sports here in CT? This is what it takes... Money. Money comes from sponsors. Big, blue chip brands like... yes... Coors.

Weak decision and PR by UConn IMO.

Reaction Score
I bet what happened was lawmakers in Hartford saw them, got mad phone calls from constituents, and then took it as an opportunity to pin the University with this negitive ad campaign, and force them into taking them down. Susan, WM, and team should have taken the hard stance, and kept them up- its a sponsor. You want 'big boy/girl' sports here in CT? This is what it takes... Money. Money comes from sponsors. Big, blue chip brands like... yes... Coors.

Weak decision and PR by UConn IMO.

Guessing you didn't read the Courant article above? You want them to take a hard stance over a beer ad against the folks who approve these billions they are being given to grow the University?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Where is Blumey? He loves this low hanging fruit holier than thow stuff.
UConn will end up on 2 years of sanctions while Pedophile State U gets pardoned earlier. Oh. They did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom