Any Updates on Wilson? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Any Updates on Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wow you've hit a new low. I never said she was demanding anything. You are taking my words and twisting them into something else entirely

But you did say this -"Aja is the type of elite player that can pretty much choose what position she wants to play...."

Ok, demanding is a little overstatement. I left the /request off of my prior post.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No.

I responded to a post made by hoophuskee. Then Icebear responded to my response. I respond to Icebear. Then doggydaddy - that's you , by the way - responded to my response to Icebear.

If you're gonna take up other poster's comments and tag-team me, you can't slide out the back door when the debate turns your way. Make sure you understand what the discussion is about before you choose to wade into it...

:)
Hysterical. Like anyone understands this thread?

You jumped in late yourself, bucko. Next time I won't agree with you,

Reaction Score
Being 6'5" is a much bigger advantage for a 3 4 or 5 than a 1 or 2. It's a different skill set. I would think that instead of saying no to a desire to play the 1 or 2 the UConn coaches would let her try and guard MJ and attempt to perform a guard role. If she can run the guard drills and handle the ball against other elite guards then maybe she will play the 1 or 2 at UConn. But I doubt it. Wilson may have been a guard at one time but she didn't rise to national notice until she grew.

There also is a huge difference between wanting to play guard and wanting to play on the perimeter. Anyone watching UConn can see that UConn's 4's & 5's are on the outside as much as the paint. What I read into her comment was that she didn't want to get stuck on one of those SEC teams where the guards jack up shots and the beef fights for rebounds and put backs for 40 minutes.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Being 6'5" is a much bigger advantage for a 3 4 or 5 than a 1 or 2. It's a different skill set. I would think that instead of saying no to a desire to play the 1 or 2 the UConn coaches would let her try and guard MJ and attempt to perform a guard role. If she can run the guard drills and handle the ball against other elite guards then maybe she will play the 1 or 2 at UConn. But I doubt it. Wilson may have been a guard at one time but she didn't rise to national notice until she grew.

There also is a huge difference between wanting to play guard and wanting to play on the perimeter. Anyone watching UConn can see that UConn's 4's & 5's are on the outside as much as the paint. What I read into her comment was that she didn't want to get stuck on one of those SEC teams where the guards jack up shots and the beef fights for rebounds and put backs for 40 minutes.

But yet she has two sec teams in her top four. Honestly I can't wait to see her play wherever she ends up

Reaction Score
But yet she has two sec teams in her top four. Honestly I can't wait to see her play wherever she ends up

True, but she made the "no post" comment way before she named 4 teams. At the time she probably had 30 offers and I suspect that the comment was a message to many of them as to why they weren't chosen rather than any sort of precondition to signing with one of her 4 finalists.

Everyone knows that Massengale was named the LV starting PG by Pat 5 months before her freshman season because Ariel's father made it a precondition. So maybe Holly has guaranteed a guard position to Wilson. I'll bet Carter won't be happy to know she can't start next year even if she is the best guard on the team due to promises to recruits.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
True, but she made the "no post" comment way before she named 4 teams. At the time she probably had 30 offers and I suspect that the comment was a message to many of them as to why they weren't chosen rather than any sort of precondition to signing with one of her 4 finalists.

Everyone knows that Massengale was named the LV starting PG by Pat 5 months before her freshman season because Ariel's father made it a precondition. So maybe Holly has guaranteed a guard position to Wilson. I'll bet Carter won't be happy to know she can't start next year even if she is the best guard on the team due to promises to recruits.

I can't imagine a top coach promising anything like that to a recruit.

Wouldn't it be funny if A'ja is reading all of the many threads about her on various forums? There's one on a USC site with over 31,000 views.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I can't imagine a top coach promising anything like that to a recruit.

Wouldn't it be funny if A'ja is reading all of the many threads about her on various forums? There's one on a USC site with over 31,000 views.

Can you post a link id like to read it

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

Trust me, I didn't agree with that tactic then and I still don't. I think carter has more than earned starting pg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I've got it now!

It all started with the classic B&W movie, "Twelve Angry Men," starring Henry Fonda, among several other fine actors. Then a technicolor sequel, with Jack Lemmon replacing Fonda, backed up with a similarly diverse and talented cast.

Should a threequel of this classic be made, the entire cast of jurors could be drawn just from posters here! JS would replace Martin Balsam as the head of the jury and it would be easy to distribute the other jurors' roles among Doggy, Boxer, CLE, Huskee, Icebear, DaddyChoc, the poster from USC/SEC, et al.

Plan B: Develop the cast from posters on VolNation or CockyTalk..

[Summitt posters are disqualified. They would want to slip an FBI guy in there and it would spoil all the fun.]

Which ever group is used, One Big Casting Decision remains: Just who would replace Fonda/Lemmon?

Geno, of course!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Bottom line it is being said she verbals in April a few weeks away. Im sure at this point the coaches know where she stands and she knows where the coaches stand. USC is up and coming and having her stay close to home would help build the USC program, but it wont make USC better then UConn and USC wont beat UConn. Its taken Geno how many years to get to where he is? It will take Dawn and USC at least that long. If she comes to UConn everything is in place to make her and give her everything she needs to be great. Its her choice and it really doesnt matter what the fans think. She's smart and has good parents and they will decide whats best for her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The OP asked a question which pretty much indicated he had not been paying attention for the last 7 months re Wilson time line. It was worthy of a one word answer: No. Provoked and continually nudged by USC and Tenn fans, it has become this edifice of speculation and spin, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Sometimes people from other boards with their own agendas should be ignored, no matter how cute their avatars.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Ya know the only thing I can figure from this thread is that some people hope she does read the BY and will pass some of the nuttiness along to discourage her from coming here. Also the strong presence of non-UConn voices whenever her name comes up. Can you hit ignore for threads? Otherwise, what is going on....or as my kids would say...ah, never mind what they would say....I can't believe I'm reading this...must less writing this. So Happy St. Patrick's day and may your selection show be all you have dreamed it would be!

Reaction Score
Thank new here so gota figure out who is and nice lol and with almost 16thosands post you seem to be in the know

10% or less she goes to TN.
Icebear, 7 minutes agoR

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The OP asked a question which pretty much indicated he had not been paying attention for the last 7 months re Wilson time line. It was worthy of a one word answer: No. Provoked and continually nudged by USC and Tenn fans, it has become this edifice of speculation and spin, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Sometimes people from other boards with their own agendas should be ignored, no matter how cute their avatars.
Thanks for an accurate picture of this thread. I'm sorry I participated as I did.

I'll do better at ignoring folks next time.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score

He asked for an recruiting update and others opinions regarding wilson. It was a fair question and if replies to threads consisted only one word, the forums would get boring pretty quickly.

I haven't participated much here, but when I do, I never trash or say bad disrespectful things about uconn or geno..

I don't have an agenda...Don't even know what you mean by that...Just a huge fan of wcbb

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
We certainly are. I really expected us to take a little step back this season because we lost several starters and had a young team. I didn't expect to win the SEC this year, that's for sure. I thought it would be next year before we would win the SEC. Even if A'ja doesn't come to USC, Dawn has done an outstanding job building a team and I can't wait to play you guys next season. My season tickets are about 4 rows behind the scorer's table on the visitors' end, so I get to see all of the visiting coaches up close. The last time we played UCONN in Columbia, I didn't yet have that location, so I didn't get to see Geno up close. I will next year or the year after, depending on which year our match is in Columbia.
Will start our relocation process to So Car later this year- really excited about Columbia becoming a potential Uconn and enjoying quality basketball down there!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Bottom line it is being said she verbals in April a few weeks away. Im sure at this point the coaches know where she stands and she knows where the coaches stand. USC is up and coming and having her stay close to home would help build the USC program, but it wont make USC better then UConn and USC wont beat UConn. Its taken Geno how many years to get to where he is? It will take Dawn and USC at least that long. If she comes to UConn everything is in place to make her and give her everything she needs to be great. Its her choice and it really doesnt matter what the fans think. She's smart and has good parents and they will decide whats best for her.

Mulkey won her first title 5 years after becoming the coach at Baylor. Dawn Staley is now in her 5th year as the head coach at USC. It doesn't take all coaches 10 years to win their first title.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
You never know what a high school player will do when they get to college. So many things affect play on the court - significant other problems, class worries, being away from home, etc.
Cocker leghorn- how much are season tickets??? Still good seats available? Lower tier? Donation amts needed to secure better seats?

arch

Reaction Score
Mulkey won her first title 5 years after becoming the coach at Baylor. Dawn Staley is now in her 5th year as the head coach at USC. It doesn't take all coaches 10 years to win their first title.
Staley has been a head coach for 13+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom