Any Updates on Wilson? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Any Updates on Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'll add this regarding UConn recruiting. Let's say you're a high school senior (not an athlete) looking to choose a college. You get a full ride to Harvard (or Penn or Princeton) and then a bunch of other offers. Would anyone need more than a minute to know which school they should go to? Unless all of your offers are Ivy League, I think the choice is about as simple as it can get. Decisions are only tough when you have a bunch of equally good options. UConn WCBB is the Harvard of the sport. There is no debate it is the best program in America. If you really want to become the best you can and play for the best, but choose not to go to UConn when offered, then you're lying.
Basketball is not the only consideration a player makes when choosing a school; they may have a best friend at a particular school or like the professors in their preferred major better at one school, like the weather or men or any number of things better at one school than another. I have no idea what A'ja's priorities are. I bet even her parents aren't certain where she will attend college. We all hope she will attend our school, but all 4 of her finalists will be top teams next season, no matter where she decides to play. As you guys know this season, you can only play 5 at a time.

Reaction Score
Basketball is not the only consideration a player makes when choosing a school; they may have a best friend at a particular school or like the professors in their preferred major better at one school, like the weather or men or any number of things better at one school than another. I have no idea what A'ja's priorities are. I bet even her parents aren't certain where she will attend college. We all hope she will attend our school, but all 4 of her finalists will be top teams next season, no matter where she decides to play. As you guys know this season, you can only play 5 at a time.
True, and these are kids, and most of 'em are too dumb (as most of us were at that age) to understand what the real world is like once you graduate and have to make it on your own. Hopefully the parents of these recruits can talk some sense into the kids who tend to be enamored with shiny objects. As far as my hope that she comes to UConn... well it would certainly help keep things going as in a few weeks Stewart and Jefferson will be on the back 9 of their collegiate careers, but if she doesn't, I'm sure UConn will be OK.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
True, and these are kids, and most of 'em are too dumb (as most of us were at that age) to understand what the real world is like once you graduate and have to make it on your own. Hopefully the parents of these recruits can talk some sense into the kids who tend to be enamored with shiny objects. As far as my hope that she comes to UConn... well it would certainly help keep things going as in a few weeks Stewart and Jefferson will be on the back 9 of their collegiate careers, but if she doesn't, I'm sure UConn will be OK.
You guys will be fine as long as Geno is there. If I had full scholarship offers to the same 4 schools when I was graduating from high school, I probably would have chosen UCONN because I love snow and I love New England, although as a Gamecock fan it would have been hard to go elsewhere. Everyone has different factors in play when they choose a college.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
There are 2 different ways to get season tickets - $50 per single reserved seat or $100 for 4 general admission season tickets this season. I don't know if that will change next year. My seats are in the reserved section 4 rows behind the visitors' end of the scorer's table. You don't have to be a Gamecock Club member to get WBB seats as our arena seats 18,000.
Interesting - thanks! Daughter in Easely, fut son in law in doctorate program at Clemson. We are targeting Blufton/ Low country to retire. I will inherit SC as my 2nd team! I've been routing for them. Tall order to beat Stanford on home court.that is one of the games I look forward to the most! My favorite family in the world is in Columbia- 2nd cousin with 4 great young kids! Going to make move a bit easier!!!!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Interesting - thanks! Daughter in Easely, fut son in law in doctorate program at Clemson. We are targeting Blufton/ Low country to retire. I will inherit SC as my 2nd team! I've been routing for them. Tall order to beat Stanford on home court.that is one of the games I look forward to the most! My favorite family in the world is in Columbia- 2nd cousin with 4 great young kids! Going to make move a bit easier!!!!
Holler at me if you're going to come to a game. We were 10th in the country in attendance this year, but we will be much higher next season. Bluffton/HHI is a nice area; please check the hurricane flood maps before buying a house, though. Much of Beaufort County is susceptible to storm surge, in the rare case of a major hurricane. http://nautilus.baruch.sc.edu/hurricane/latest/

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Holler at me if you're going to come to a game. We were 10th in the country in attendance this year, but we will be much higher next season. Bluffton/HHI is a nice area; please check the hurricane flood maps before buying a house, though. Much of Beaufort County is susceptible to storm surge, in the rare case of a major hurricane. http://nautilus.baruch.sc.edu/hurricane/latest/
I will thanks!!!! And when I'm going to my first game - I will give you a holler!!!! Thks!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As the NCAAs get going it is understandable how guests from other teams will get more preoccupied with their teams and have their homer hormones escalate. As I observe them banding together on this thread I feel I must say: Guys, get a room! Boneyarders will buy you a gallon of vegetable oil.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
As the NCAAs get going it is understandable how guests from other teams will get more preoccupied with their teams and have their homer hormones escalate. As I observe them banding together on this thread I feel I must say: Guys, get a room! Boneyarders will buy you a gallon of vegetable oil.
Lol Homer hormones. You get a like for that buddy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom