2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course he is. If the transfers aren't any good and Puma isn't healthy, Krajewski is going to be the starter.
We've got a good mix of QB's that are going to compete for the job in the spring. Due to the nature of Tyler's injury, he won't be back before the fall, so Krajewski can very well be in the mix for the starting job. I said it above, but I think it's Ta'Quan's job to lose because he fits the offense that Charlton and Mora want to run.

Reaction Score
Mora's background is on the defensive side, but he is certainly giving Charlton some serious talent to work with on offense. The QB depth chart is shaping up to be quite impressive with the two former 4 star transfers. Add in the immediate impact players like Will Knight at RB and Nigel Fitzgerald added to the the already strong WR corps and there is the potential for a quality offense that we haven't seen in a long time. The o-line remains a ?. Seems like there is lots of hope in the Dartmouth transfer portal with Guidone and the offer to Flores. I truly hope the new OL coach can work some magic and put together a respectable unit.

Reaction Score
Barthel is proving his value in getting in doors and pulling in existing relationships. I don't think we have had that in 15 years.
And Mora was shmoozing at the NJ high school football coaches banquet thingy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tbf, Iowa usually have a pretty good defense every year, so it's tough to be thrown in against that relatively unprepared in Iowa.

I watched this game, he didn’t just struggle, he was arguably the worst QB I have ever seen. Worse than every UConn QB we have rolled out recently.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is our starting QB. No way he came here to backup. What a massive upgrade in talent at the position. I hope we don't play around, give him the keys and feed his confidence as the guy.

Reaction Score
To me, it seems that Steve K is fighting an uphill battle for QB3, entering Spring practice.
Steve may be relegated to the bench. But that’s ok. Kid has done nothing here except play hard and has had some good moments. Hope he sticks around and graduates. It isn’t always about PT.
I wouldn’t bet on that. Steven Krajewski is very talented and has good chemistry with the team and knows the playbook better than anyone else in the QB room. I hope he sticks around too because we could use his leadership and experience. No matter who starts we now have a lot of depth at that position. Looking forward to next season.

Reaction Score
To me, it seems that Steve K is fighting an uphill battle for QB3, entering Spring practice.

I wouldn’t bet on that. Steven Krajewski is very talented and has good chemistry with the team and knows the playbook better than anyone else in the QB room. I hope he sticks around too because we could use his leadership and experience. No matter who starts we now have a lot of depth at that position. Looking forward to next season.

Might be a new playbook

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I watched this game, he didn’t just struggle, he was arguably the worst QB I have ever seen. Worse than every UConn QB we have rolled out recently.
A backup QB struggled vs. the #3 team in the nation? Shocking.

On the other hand, I really can't imagine him doing worse than than 13-24 for 128 yards, 1 TD and 2 picks versus...oh, I don't know...what's a random program...say, UMass?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Theres no way he's the guaranteed starter. I'd be very surprised if he is. Stars don't matter. Production does.
The kids in his QB room haven't produced anything.

Reaction Score
Of course he is. If the transfers aren't any good and Puma isn't healthy, Krajewski is going to be the starter.
Or maybe Steven Krajewski might just finally get a fair chance to compete. I don’t think Coach Mora will name a starter based on ice cream, Molsons and swag. I would’ve liked to see what Steven Krajewski could’ve done his freshman year but Edsall dogged him for no reason. I think Mora will play the best QB and not base it on anything else but talent. With that being said Steven Krajewski has just as good as chance as anyone else. And that’s the way it should be.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Steve may be relegated to the bench. But that’s ok. Kid has done nothing here except play hard and has had some good moments. Hope he sticks around and graduates. It isn’t always about PT.
Certainly. I didn't think my post was an indictment on Steve K's character.

Reaction Score
So you're telling me that if we put in Micah Leone against Iowa he would have done better than Ta'Quan? Because that's basically what happened with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom