2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched this game, he didn’t just struggle, he was arguably the worst QB I have ever seen. Worse than every UConn QB we have rolled out recently.
So should us football fans not think this is the worst post ever to welcome a new recruit??? Why not aim your venom at Mora?
Why the venom at all? Our new head coach thinks he can come in and compete should be good enough. Many a great QB got off to a rough start in their careers.

Welcome Ta'Quan and should you come on this forum ignore these types. Then again I'm sure with your academic abilities you don't need to be told that. The poster is more into basketball and pizza.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A couple of points.

I think we can all agree that the talent in the QB room has been upgraded.

I think we can all agree that Guifre was in over his head as a first time OC.

Personally, I think most of our problems on offense were due to poor coaching and I think it is difficult to evaluate individual players based on how they performed last year. Steve Krajewski was recruited by Lashlee and I trust Lashlee's judgement of QB talent. Look at Trevor Lawrence. He is not performing well in the NFL even though he had a great career at Clemson. Is it Lawrence, the talent around him, or the coaching? I think it's mostly the coaching and partly the talent around him. Bottom line, even a top QB talent won't look good with poor coaching and talent around him.

I never liked Lawrence as a pro prospect. You only need to look at his big games and his decision making especially in the two minute was suspect. He got by mostly on talent which doesn't fly in the NFL were every DB has closing speed.

Reaction Score
He played meaningful stats in one game. What you want me to base it on? Oh HS offers, that's right, that is how you determine if a kid can play 3 years later or not.

Being recruited to come to UConn, and FCS level program right now, and taking that offer does not mean he is the next great thing.

Oh, and after we hired Edsall 2.0 I told you he was bad person and a bad coach and you foolishly said both were stupid and inaccurate I have a hard time taking anything football related you say seriously, you clearly just think everything is roses about UConn football despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.
Cool story bro.

Reaction Score
I watched this game, he didn’t just struggle, he was arguably the worst QB I have ever seen. Worse than every UConn QB we have rolled out recently.
Did you happen to catch the Uconn-Army game this yr?

Reaction Score
I never liked Lawrence as a pro prospect. You only need to look at his big games and his decision making especially in the two minute was suspect. He got by mostly on talent which doesn't fly in the NFL were every DB has closing speed.
Look at Mac Jones. He was drafted into a great situation with the Patriots. The Pats have a Hall of Fame head coach, a very experienced OC, and they have brought Jones along slowly which has made him look pretty good. You put Lawrence on the Pats and he would have looked pretty good this year as well.

Reaction Score
The most worrisome thing in this thread is that people think Steven Krajewski is a good QB at this level. I’m glad he’ll be in the QB room for the continuity and experience but if he is seeing the field at all in non-blowout minutes we have major issues.
Can people just stop with the whole continuity bullcrap?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No idea what will happen here; Roberson might have a slight leg up over Millen, but I expect Mora to run an even completion this spring and maybe all the way to the first kick off.

The big picture is that we now have live arms and live legs for a legit QB competition. And the kids pay attention to the hype on their own team and Roberson and Millen bring some cache hype.

Once both are enrolled in Jan the attention turns to Charlton, Mora, et al to kick start the development process. The coaches will now have some Jimmies and Joes.

Seems the last piece left for the O revamp based on offers would be another portal OL and portal TE.

Reaction Score
You get some doozys of takes around here. But Trevor Lawrence being a failure in big games is something even for around here. Below is his ACC Championship and College Football Playoff stats:

132018-12-01ClemsonNPittsburghW122450.011820118.8
142018-12-29ClemsonNNotre Dame*W273969.232730165.0
152019-01-07ClemsonNAlabama*W203262.534730184.5

132019-12-07ClemsonNVirginiaW162272.730240248.0
142019-12-28ClemsonNOhio State*W183354.525920140.5
152020-01-13ClemsonNLouisiana State*L183748.623400101.8

92020-12-19ClemsonNNotre DameW253669.432221157.4
102021-01-01ClemsonNOhio State*L334868.840021148.3

7-2, 169-271 - 62% - 18 Tds - 2 INTS and 4 rushing TDs.

Guy stunk

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I swear idiots here would only be happy if Bryce Young transferred here. What the do yall think we can recruit here? A former 4 star qb from a program 7 tiers above ours is easily the best case scenario for us. If he's bad it'll be tough, but you're not finding a more talented 3 star freshman without cartoonish luck. It'd be shocking if this wasn't his program until he proves it shouldn't be.

Reaction Score
His entire career is one game
The fact that you are judging him solely by one game where he was thrown into the fire is a bit odd. He was a very good HS prospect. There may be some untapped big time potential here.

Considering the dumpster fire this football program has been the last 10 years I can’t believe anyone would choose to harp on the negatives of this kid joining the competition here.

Reaction Score
I think he starts on day one if he's eligible to play right away.

Add Burns and Fitzgerald and OMG, we might go bowling next year. Woo!

Reaction Score
Rose Bud is that you?!
No not me. I wish all of the qbs the best. Mora is a actual coach who doesn’t play favorites may the best man win. We already know we’ll see all 3 during the season so let see who does the best

Reaction Score
Woah momma! Let’s gooooooo!!!

1640763439183.gif

Reaction Score
His entire career is one game
Ok, you pointed out he had an epically bad game. Going off that and everything else you know about the guy, do you support the recruitment of him by the staff? Or should they look elsewhere?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
He played meaningful stats in one game. What you want me to base it on? Oh HS offers, that's right, that is how you determine if a kid can play 3 years later or not.

Being recruited to come to UConn, and FCS level program right now, and taking that offer does not mean he is the next great thing.

Oh, and after we hired Edsall 2.0 I told you he was bad person and a bad coach and you foolishly said both were stupid and inaccurate I have a hard time taking anything football related you say seriously, you clearly just think everything is roses about UConn football despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.
And there it is. The anti-football community rears its ugly head. Another hoops wolf in sheep's clothing.
Don't let the door hit you in the on the way out. Troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom