2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Ta’Quan Roberson (Orange, New Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love Jim Mora, I love the Huskies but I really hope there is a good reason for this. Anyways, we need depth.

“The signal-caller completed 11 of 29 passes for 85 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions during his Penn State career. His most extensive action came this season against Iowa when he relieved an injured Clifford in the second quarter. Roberson struggled, completing just 7 of 21 passes for 34 yards and two interceptions in what would be the last time he’d see the field as a Nittany Lion.”

Reaction Score
I like the mobility. Jack Zergiotis had plenty of room to run against Holy Cross.

Reaction Score
Totally open competition. Whoever looks the best starts
Agreed, but with the way the O-line blocks, the offense is going to need mobility at the QB position to make plays happen. Look at the offense when Tyler was under center compared to when he wasn't. Night and day difference. Ta'Quan's feet will mask some of the short comings we will undoubtedly have at o-line with the coaching change and new players coming in. Of course there will be a wide open competition, but realistically we won't see Tyler until mid-season next year, so it's Ta'Quan's job to lose. Based solely off him fitting into the mold of the offense Mora wants to run.

Reaction Score
I love Jim Mora, I love the Huskies but I really hope there is a good reason for this. Anyways, we need depth.

“The signal-caller completed 11 of 29 passes for 85 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions during his Penn State career. His most extensive action came this season against Iowa when he relieved an injured Clifford in the second quarter. Roberson struggled, completing just 7 of 21 passes for 34 yards and two interceptions in what would be the last time he’d see the field as a Nittany Lion.”

I wouldn't worry too much that he struggled vs Iowa. Inexperienced player going in cold in a huge game on the road vs one of the better teams in country.

BIGGER PICTURE: I think its very cool that we landed Penn State's back up QB with three years of eligibility left. He has the one thing you can't teach which is talent. I'm feeling a lot better about next season than I did two hours ago...and yes depth at QB is a good thing.

Let the best man win the job!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much that he struggled vs Iowa. Going in cold on the road vs one of the better teams in country.

I think its very cool that we landed Penn State's back up QB with three years of eligibility left. He has the one thing you can't teach which is talent.
Tbf, Iowa usually have a pretty good defense every year, so it's tough to be thrown in against that relatively unprepared in Iowa.

Reaction Score

Mehh, if the sample size is mainly him coming in as a backup QB on the road vs #3 Iowa and struggling, I'm not gonna poo-poo it too much. He's got FBS size & skills, more than we can say for what we've had for signal callers the last decade plus. Lord knows we need actual FBS-level talent. Worth a shot to bring him to UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is a huge recruiting win by Mora and staff. I really think bringing in guys like this sends a message to other guys. It's a self fulfilling prophecy in some way. If you are on OG or OT transfer, do you now give UConn a slightly longer look? We've now got a solid QB room competing for the job. I also like the message for the fans, showing we are really serious here and intend to win.

Reaction Score
This is an objectively awesome pickup. There’s a massive difference between being thrust into a game on the road against Iowa and beating UMass and Holy Cross.

Huge step in the right direction, kudos to the staff.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much that he struggled vs Iowa. Inexperienced player going in cold in a huge game on the road vs one of the better teams in country.

BIGGER PICTURE: I think its very cool that we landed Penn State's back up QB with three years of eligibility left. He has the one thing you can't teach which is talent. I'm feeling a lot better about next season than I did two hours ago...and yes depth at QB is a good thing.

Let the best man win the job!
I am hopeful that Roberson can thrive here - but he left Penn State because he was passed on the depth chart for back up qb duties after the Iowa game - he no longer was the back up.

That does not mean I think he can’t do well here - I am very happy UCONN added a couple of qbs through the portal and I have little doubt either Roberson or Millen will be the starter going forward. Looking forward to a nice qb competition.

Reaction Score
This is excellent news. With this momentum, down the road, we will likely be hearing about UConn in the B10 or ACC.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He can run. Franklin felt he needed to be better at recognizing pre-snap reads. That is where Charlton and experience comes in. He is Tyler P with a little more size, so things will be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if Krajewski still could be the starter as Robinson can evolve. Millen will need time to develop as well.

Reaction Score
Competition. This is exactly the guys we should pick up. 2 years or so into college and they haven't grabbed the #1 Brass Ring QB job. Clearly they have all the arm strength, on field excellence, mobility and foot work that earned them the strong HS rating. At their level, the rating agencies and 15 offers were not mistaken.

As for Millen? Watch the Oregon practice tape on YouTube and don't label him Pro Style. He is athletic and fast and fearless.

Reaction Score
To me, it seems that Steve K is fighting an uphill battle for QB3, entering Spring practice.

Of course, this is basically because he is the only one to indicate his ceiling at this point.
Steve may be relegated to the bench. But that’s ok. Kid has done nothing here except play hard and has had some good moments. Hope he sticks around and graduates. It isn’t always about PT.

Reaction Score
Steve may be relegated to the bench. But that’s ok. Kid has done nothing here except play hard and has had some good moments. Hope he sticks around and graduates. It isn’t always about PT.

YOU know what you are gonna get with Krajewski now. Maybe a plus on that. He is solid. We hope we get one of the others blossoming; but, K is a real good guy to have coming into the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom