2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 65 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Best of luck to her and prayers for a full recovery. That would be tough to have to go through open heart surgery that young. Candidly I’m surprised she is still able to play such a physical game after that type of procedure.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Best of luck to her and prayers for a full recovery. That would be tough to have to go through open heart surgery that young. Candidly I’m surprised she is still able to play such a physical game after that type of procedure.
One of my fellow "60+" guys in our "by-invite only to all ages" Sunday morning games had major open-heart surgery last spring, returning to the court in December. He's still his usual pain in the butt, running the court all over to get off his 3-pt. shot.
Couldn't be happier to see it. :D;)

Reaction Score

Last day for players to enter the transfer portal without having to sit out a year (except for grad transfers)

Reaction Score

Last day for players to enter the transfer portal without having to sit out a year (except for grad transfers)

Glad he's putting this out to make things clearer. Mitchell Northam made a post that muddies the water claiming the portal closes today. For someone who is part of the media, he's not helping when he posts statements that lack clarity because it confuses casual fans.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Glad he's putting this out to make things clearer. Mitchell Northam made a post that muddies the water claiming the portal closes today. For someone who is part of the media, he's not helping when he posts statements that lack clarity because it confuses casual fans.
Shocker.

Isn't he the one who tweeted that neither Celeste Taylor nor Ashley Owusu had the grad-transfer designation selected when they entered the transfer portal? :p

Reaction Score
Shocker.

Isn't he the one who tweeted that neither Celeste Taylor nor Ashley Owusu had the grad-transfer designation selected when they entered the transfer portal? :p

Yes, that's him. Frustrating.

Reaction Score
As of May 12th any big fish to go after in the portal?
I think Diamond Johnson and Ashley Owusu are probably the best proven commodities.

But Aicha Coulibaly and Beyonce Bea are my favorite prospects. Coulibaly is athletic, with good size and played well in SEC. Bea seems legit to me. Admittedly I just watched highlights on YouTube, but can score in mid range and post. Classic 3-4 but extremely efficient. I am hoping she ends up in the PAC 12 as I think she's from Oregon. But if not it would be cool to see her end up at a big time program. A lot of ACC schools would be fun (NC State, Duke, Miami). Iowa or Michigan would be fun as well.

Reaction Score
I think Diamond Johnson and Ashley Owusu are probably the best proven commodities.

But Aicha Coulibaly and Beyonce Bea are my favorite prospects. Coulibaly is athletic, with good size and played well in SEC. Bea seems legit to me. Admittedly I just watched highlights on YouTube, but can score in mid range and post. Classic 3-4 but extremely efficient. I am hoping she ends up in the PAC 12 as I think she's from Oregon. But if not it would be cool to see her end up at a big time program. A lot of ACC schools would be fun (NC State, Duke, Miami). Iowa or Michigan would be fun as well.
B Bea is one of my favorite prospects. Regarding A Coulibaly, she’s very athletic but I’m not sure of her best position.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Maybe Penn State? She follows a couple of players/people associated with them
Desperate times, desperate measures. The Penn State coach has been on the "Hot Seat" for awhile now and has been unable to turn the program around or attract many recruits. This would help but would it be enough in a conference of Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Ohio State, improving Illinois, Purdue, possibly Rutgers and Minnesota plus next year's additions of USC and UCLA? Too little,too late I think.

Reaction Score
Maybe Johnson and Owusu will switch teams.

If Owusu's goal is to make it to the WNBA, NC State may be a better option. Can't see Penn State as a feasible option.

Johnson to VT, while interesting, not sure if she'd be a fit based on who Coach Brooks has brought in with Ekh. And Johnson will have to sit out a year too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Any PF's looking to grad transfer still out there?

Maybe Bea will visit Durham, and Duke can put a ring on it. :cool:

lemme log back off :oops:

Reaction Score
Top 3 left in the portal. Owusu, Coulibaly, and Diamond Johnson. An impressive collection including a conference tournament MVP, all freshman conference team member, and conference 2nd team member.

Reaction Score
Top 3 left in the portal. Owusu, Coulibaly, and Diamond Johnson. An impressive collection including a conference tournament MVP, all freshman conference team member, and conference 2nd team member.

I kinda think they just read the boneyard/this thread. Or maybe the writer is a member.

Reaction Score
I kinda think they just read the boneyard/this thread. Or maybe the writer is a member.
Ha. I thought the same. I realize there is only so much to say about the remaining players and their respective situations. However that article read like a compilation of boneyard posts. I don’t think the writer used anything from here but instead there simply isn’t a lot new out there and the boneyard posters are very informed.

Reaction Score
A medical retirement I saw on Twitter yesterday. Six surgeries? Ugh. Heart breaks for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom