2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 63 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, bringing in PG Dayshanette Harris from Pitt and combo guard Mackenze Kramer from Lehigh -- both of whom also have one year of eligibility -- in those intervening weeks just might get a senior point guard thinking...;).
Kramer has two years left, if she opts to use the Covid year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kramer has two years left, if she opts to use the Covid year.
Ah, thanks....you're right. I might've been confusing her status with Frannie Hottinger, who is a year older and has that Covid year with Marquette.

I'm still perplexed how a Minnesota kid heads to Lehigh and then veers down 81 to South Carolina. Studies? PT? We'll see how it plays out.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Did she even go to SC?
Beyonce No GIF

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did she even go to SC?
It doesn't appear so. I take her latest tweet to mean she's made up her mind and will announce it later today. :oops:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I put this list together of "notable not committed players in the portal" not all that long ago. Since then, a bunch has happened (see blue destination schools). Look forward to predictions on any of the remaining players and if there are other players we should be concentrating on going forward.

Big names at the PG position with Diamond Johnson and Ashley Owusu, guards who are both known for wanting control of the rock.

Looking at the forwards, where is Barnum going? Mississippi State was thought to be a contender, but nothing as of yet. Kaitlyn Davis would a great one-year pick-up for a team that could use a savvy tweener forward.

Stay tuned!

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers)
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown) Oklahoma State
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College) Duke
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland)
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC) Texas A&M

Guards/Wings
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) South Dakota
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.) Vanderbilt
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) Mississippi State
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest) Tennessee

Forwards

• Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State) Villanova
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas)
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia)
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul) LSU
Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech) Going Pro in Spain
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville)
  • Lauren Ware, 6'5" Jr. (Ariz.) Texas A&M

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I put this list together of "notable not committed players in the portal" not all that long ago. Since then, a bunch has happened (see blue destination schools). Look forward to predictions on any of the remaining players and if there are other players we should be concentrating on going forward. Stay tuned!

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers)
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown)
Fauntleroy to OK State.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Fauntleroy to OK State.
Got it, thanks. Would not have put those lines together. Lot of churn at OK State.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Denae Carter to Villanova, as well.
Thx. After missing Fautleroy, I went back to Raoul's list, but you did it for me! :)
Carter is from the Philly region, so that makes sense. Plus, Villanova could use some help in the front lines.

Reaction Score
Since this whole process started I've had my fingers crossed that Kaitlyn Davis and UConn would do some conversing. Close to home for her, and - provided UC has a graduate program that interests her - she could provide some insurance and maturity (in the Evina Westbrook mold). I know many feel that the Huskies are just fine the way they are, but after the last two years I don't take anything for granted any more.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Since this whole process started I've had my fingers crossed that Kaitlyn Davis and UConn would do some conversing. Close to home for her, and - provided UC has a graduate program that interests her - she could provide some insurance and maturity (in the Evina Westbrook mold). I know many feel that the Huskies are just fine the way they are, but after the last two years I don't take anything for granted any more.
I've mentioned it in other posts, that there's very little social media chatter on Davis, as compared to Morrow, Bynum, and others that just committed. It's interesting that Davis was ranked #32 on the espn portal list (I know, grain of salt), so I wonder, along with Barnum and Coulibaly, that they are all doing their due diligence, as since Davis and Barnum are grad transfers, and Coulibaly is a senior, there is only one shot for them to find a proper fit.

Reaction Score
I've mentioned it in other posts, that there's very little social media chatter on Davis, as compared to Morrow, Bynum, and others that just committed. It's interesting that Davis was ranked #32 on the espn portal list (I know, grain of salt), so I wonder, along with Barnum and Coulibaly, that they are all doing their due diligence, as since Davis and Barnum are grad transfers, and Coulibaly is a senior, there is only one shot for them to find a proper fit.

Wouldn’t coulibaly have another year? And be a grad transfer if need be?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t coulibaly have another year? And be a grad transfer if need be?
I think so, yes, but wonder would she want to play for a team for one year, and then get an auto transfer as a grad student and go to a 2nd school? And I've not even considered a covid year bonus. She is listed as a senior on the espn page, so that's why I made the distinction between her and the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom