2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 64 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I put this list together of "notable not committed players in the portal" not all that long ago. Since then, a bunch has happened (see blue destination schools). Look forward to predictions on any of the remaining players and if there are other players we should be concentrating on going forward.

Big names at the PG position with Diamond Johnson and Ashley Owusu, guards who are both known for wanting control of the rock.

Looking at the forwards, where is Barnum going? Mississippi State was thought to be a contender, but nothing as of yet. Kaitlyn Davis would a great one-year pick-up for a team that could use a savvy tweener forward.

Stay tuned!

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers)
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown) Oklahoma State
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College) Duke
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland)
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC) Texas A&M

Guards/Wings
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) South Dakota
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.) Vanderbilt
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul) Mississippi State
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest) Tennessee

Forwards

• Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State) Villanova
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas)
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia)
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul) LSU
Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech) Going Pro in Spain
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville)
  • Lauren Ware, 6'5" Jr. (Ariz.) Texas A&M
Love this list.

If you update with new players:

Beyoncé Bea 6’1 G from Idaho
Aicha Coulibaly 6’0 G from Auburn

And from my own personal interest Californias Evelien Lutje Schipholt 6’2 Forward from the Netherlands. I think she is so good around the basket.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And from my own personal interest Californias Evelien Lutje Schipholt 6’2 Forward from the Netherlands. I think she is so good around the basket.
I missed that one.

Cal can't seem to keep ANY of their good players, but they keep replacing them with decent additions from the portal.

Reaction Score
I put this list together of "notable not committed players in the portal" not all that long ago. Since then, a bunch has happened (see blue destination schools). Look forward to predictions on any of the remaining players and if there are other players we should be concentrating on going forward.

Big names at the PG position with Diamond Johnson and Ashley Owusu, guards who are both known for wanting control of the rock.

Looking at the forwards, where is Barnum going? Mississippi State was thought to be a contender, but nothing as of yet. Kaitlyn Davis would a great one-year pick-up for a team that could use a savvy tweener forward.

Stay tuned!

Point Guards

Guards/Wings

Forwards

• Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas)
Centers
Jaden Owens ?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Saturday 5/6 Update: Enough has changed in a mere 8 hours, due to actual commitments, plus updates and suggestions from Boneyarders, that here's an updated, expanded list of "still hanging in the portal" players.

Point Guards
  • Jaden Owens, 5'7" Sr. (Baylor, UCLA) TCU

Guards/Wings
  • Beyoncé Bea 6’1" G from Idaho
  • Aicha Coulibaly 6’0" G from Auburn

Forwards
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas) Mississippi State
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia) University of Southern California
  • Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6'2" Sr. (Cal)

Centers
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville) Kansas State

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Saturday 5/6 Update: Enough has changed in a mere 8 hours, due to actual commitments, plus updates and suggestions from Boneyarders, that here's an updated, expanded list of "still hanging in the portal" players.

Point Guards
  • Jaden Owens, 5'7" Sr. (Baylor, UCLA)

Guards/Wings
  • Beyoncé Bea 6’1 G from Idaho
  • Aicha Coulibaly 6’0 G from Auburn

Forwards
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas) Mississippi State
  • Evelien Lutje Schipholt, 6'2" Sr. (Cal)

Centers
Imani Lester was a medical redshirt with an undisclosed medical condition. I’d be surprised if she plays, and if so maybe div 2 or div 3. The language was she was not medically released to play at this level.

Reaction Score
Imani Lester was a medical redshirt with an undisclosed medical condition. I’d be surprised if she plays, and if so maybe div 2 or div 3. The language was she was not medically released to play at this level.

Rhetorical more than anything else, but if she's not cleared for D1, how could she cleared for D2 or D3? Sounds weird if that's how it was phrased by the program.

Reaction Score
Turns out the
Well, if they entered the portal already, the public will know about it pretty soon as is typically the case.
Dude was talking about himself. He's a writer that covers WBB and I just now saw a follow up tweet (bc he knew he messed up bc collegiate WBB twitter was jumping) clarifying he meant himself. Lmao

Reaction Score

Kind of a bummer. When she transferred there I thought it was a great fit but she never really got on track. I'm not sure if it was a health issues. I don't know if she has to sit out a year.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Kind of a bummer. When she transferred there I thought it was a great fit but she never really got on track. I'm not sure if it was a health issues. I don't know if she has to sit out a year.

Some of it may also be that, in effect, she is the same kind of player as Sammie Puisis: a tall guard/wing that takes long-distance shots. SP took a huge number of them and seemed to have the trust of the coaching staff --- she played 35 minutes per game.
The possibility of the "sit-out" year is interesting....

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I do wonder that as well. I believe she sat out on year already for health reasons prior to transferring to USF. I think she only played 17 games for USF, so maybe she wasn't as healthy as she would have wanted to and then never got into the groove. Her last game for USF was the end of January and she played 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
Maybe this?

Oregon State finally loses a player from last season to the transfer portal. If OSU had to lose someone, Aaron would have been the best choice. Great kid, but OSU's roster is stuffed with 6'0 to 6'2 players. I hope she finds a great school to finish her college career. Also, Rueck has been hinting of adding another player, and suspect it will be another forward.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Oregon State finally loses a player from last season to the transfer portal. If OSU had to lose someone, Aaron would have been the best choice. Great kid, but OSU's roster is stuffed with 6'0 to 6'2 players. I hope she finds a great school to finish her college career. Also, Rueck has been hinting of adding another player, and suspect it will be another forward.
Wild that she'll have played at 5 schools for what should theoretically be four years of college playing time...

Reaction Score
Wild that she'll have played at 5 schools for what should theoretically be four years of college playing time...
And perhaps the most interesting part is that she was at Southern Cal for four years, but will have still enrolled at five schools (though was only at Syracuse for a few months before the Hillsman saga).

Four schools in three years:eek:

sun

Reaction Score
Since this whole process started I've had my fingers crossed that Kaitlyn Davis and UConn would do some conversing.
I've mentioned it in other posts, that there's very little social media chatter on Davis, as compared to Morrow, Bynum, and others that just committed. It's interesting that Davis was ranked #32 on the espn portal list (I know, grain of salt),
Davis is transferring to SoCal.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Davis is transferring to SoCal.

Thanks. Landing spots usually posted on "New School Commitments by Transfers." Ms. Davis, whom we've charted and traced on this and the other thread, was noted. Good pick by USC and Gottlieb. Having seen her in person, she's kind of a forward "tweener": not a banger, but rebounds well enough. Not a big inside game, but absolute killer elbow-jumper and mid-range pull-up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m not sure Elzy could be having a worse off-season. Complete train wreck from her at Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom