2022-23 Coaches Openings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Coaches Openings

Reaction Score
So, just as a reminder, Michele Clark-Heard's best success was with Jamelle's recruits and she did horrible with her own....interesting....

:rolleyes:
Very. With their move to the Big 12, their next coach is in for quite a challenge.

Reaction Score
Some pretty attractive coaching openings. Xavier could be a nice gig. Just need that right coach who can create that spark. That hope.

Reaction Score

Jim Crowley (Providence) will be the new head coach of St Bonaventure. He previously coached there from 2000-2016

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hold it, is this deja vu all over again? A coach leaves one school (in this case, Marshall) to return to the school where he had enough success to leave?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Hold it, is this deja vu all over again? A coach leaves one school (in this case, Marshall) to return to the school where he had enough success to leave? With all due respect to Coaches Crowley and Kemper, it seems like these deals were fait accompli before their offices were even cleaned out. No thought to look for up and coming talent? Odd to see this within minutes of each other...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So from a Big East perspective, the 4 schools that were hurting the conference Rankings have all made changes in the past year. Butler did last year and it looks good after year 1. PC, Xavier and Georgetown all decided to move on as well and I couldn't be happier as they just weren't competitive. Here is how bad these schools hurt the conference
Xavier NET 219, out of conference schedule 333 (of 361 schools). Record 7-23
PC NET 127, OOC 114, record 13-19
Georgetown NET 106 OOC 302 record 13-17
Butler NET 124, OOC 155, record 11-19 (2022 NET 338, OOC 234, record 1-27) so this should have been you Coach of the Year!

I know Merchant had health issues where she had to leave in late January but as the press release said this was a mutual decision between her AND the school. Given her recent track record, I had noted she was under scrutiny and given the success that Dean Lockwood (long time Holly Warlick assistant) had during her absence, for her to leave gracefully is the right move here.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I posted on the theoretical thread this sentiment about Minnesota, but it pertains to other programs as well. There are some WCBB programs that just seem to be graveyards for coaches. I would say, Cincinnati, Pitt, and Penn State are prime examples. Not sure what it is between Administration, ADs, local environment or whatever, but it will take a brilliant coach with a real vision to create something positive in these places.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
I posted on the theoretical thread this sentiment about Minnesota, but it pertains to other programs as well. There are some WCBB programs that just seem to be graveyards for coaches. I would say, Cincinnati, Pitt, and Penn State are prime examples. Not sure what it is between Administration, ADs, local environment or whatever, but it will take a brilliant coach with a real vision to create something positive in these places.
The right coach in Minnesota that can actually coach and keep the best local talent at home could turn that program into something special. Problem they've had is getting the right coach.

Reaction Score
In some ways I think the movement in coaches is very related to future portal announcements. Many players don't want to stay with a coach that didn't recruit them.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Tory Verdi of UMass did a great job at UMass and Eastern Michigan, but his top players (Sam Breen) are all now maxxed out on eligibility. Plus, he worked for Pitt's AD at Eastern Michigan. Tricia Cullup is first-rate at Toledo...just won the MAC ... and her teams would give very good ND teams solid pushback. I still think Pitt should look at Robyn Fralick, Bowling Green's coach..younger version of Cullup who won D-II titles at Ashland.

Got to think the Duffy interview was very exploratory (as in "doesn't hurt to talk"). Unless Pitt will unload a boatload of resources, can't see Megan leaving a good situation in Milwaukee for the basement dweller of the ACC, which is going to demand patience and resources.

Reaction Score
ASU under Ray Anderson has joined this "exclusive" group.

Reaction Score
FGCU getting to the second round again. If their coach wasn’t getting calls about job openings from schools, he should be now

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There's no way people haven't been aware of Smesko for years now. He's stayed there long enough that it makes me wonder if he wants to stay there. He's had the results that should've opened a door to moving to a bigger program already.

Okay, I looked him up on wiki. He's been there since 2002. The school moved up to D1 in 2007. He's had 6 30 win seasons at the D1 level and now has 4 wins in the Tourney.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

During one of the games today, they said that Minnesota has a new coach. Is this coach their new hire? I missed the name...:( and you seem to have the scoop on lots of different things :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom