UConn Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arianna Roberson will be announcing her commitment tomorrow at 6:30pm!

I hate to say it, but my final prediction is that she’s committing to Duke. It’s just suspicious timing that right after she re-visits Duke that she would announce her commitment. Perhaps her recent visit was to let Kara Lawson know in person she’d be playing for Duke.

Reaction Score

I hate to say it, but my final prediction is that she’s committing to Duke. It’s just suspicious timing that right after she re-visits Duke that she would announce her commitment. Perhaps her recent visit was to let Kara Lawson know in person she’d be playing for Duke.
Please.... I prefer my own "spin" that Arianna so much enjoyed FIRST NIGHT at Storrs that she just wanted to
check out DUKE to re - confirm her UCONN loyalty. We'll know in 36 hours. The glass is more than half full!!

Reaction Score
Please.... I prefer my own "spin" that Arianna so much enjoyed FIRST NIGHT at Storrs that she just wanted to
check out DUKE to re - confirm her UCONN loyalty. We'll know in 36 hours. The glass is more than half full!!
This also could be a plausible explanation, one can hope.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Nothing is suspicious about the timing. Tomorrow is the first day of the signing period

Reaction Score
Nothing is suspicious about the timing. Tomorrow is the first day of the signing period
I guess to me just the fact that Duke was her last visit before signing is what was suspicious to me. Still hoping for a commitment to UConn though!

Reaction Score
Nothing I say will matter as it could all be a hoax perpetrated by the students. Let's just wait until tomorrow cause I don't want to jinx it.
Is Sarah supposed to commit tomorrow too?

Reaction Score
Is Sarah supposed to commit tomorrow too?

I have a feeling we won’t know when she commits until she commits. She doesn’t strike me as the type to make an announcement, just post and go.

Reaction Score
If Roberson commits anywhere other than Duke, I will be surprised. She did an official visit last Spring and came back 4 days before the signing period alone (no parents in sight) and on her own dime. If her decision was UCONN, why go back to Duke this late in the process? My gut says she has made her decision. I think Lawson has recruited her for quite some time and Ari has the opportunity to play right away there. I'm obviously biased as a Duke fan, but that is what I think.

Someone said Duke has been on her for a long time so it can be assumed she has a good personal relationship with Lawson. It would be a nice gesture to tell her in person that she was going to UConn

Reaction Score

Anyone have any idea who Shane might be talking about from the class of 2025? Hopefully a UConn POI?

Reaction Score
My current "speculations" about Ms. Sarah Strong.... i.e. the questions with my thoughts about each (in the parentheses).
1. Sarah will make her best choice on her own timetable, but when? (i.e. choice: UCONN... sooner rather than later).
2. Will Sarah be at the N. C. State vs UCONN WBB on Sunday? (YES!)
3. Will Sarah come by herself? with friends? with her Father, Danny Strong? with Mom, Allison Feaster? (my guess with
friends, and perhaps with Daddy, but if the whole family comes it will be a ++ UCONN indicator. i.e. IMO).
4. Will the result of the N.C. State game make a difference in Sarah's choice? (Probably not,
but I believe that Sarah's experience of watching the UCONN style of play should help her to pick UCONN!!)
5. Will Sarah make her decision during the Early Signing period or wait until the Spring Signing period?
(Probably not Spring, but would she consider waiting until she sees how her " best match" schools "do" during the season
and Post Season ???... IMO Sarah does not wait.)
My opinion is (as others have expressed on the Boneyard) that Sarah will best benefit by the
training, development, "team" concept, and the "family" sense of the UCONN community (teammates,
staff, and alumnae). Any thoughts from the Boneyard community?? Z

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I see that in CD's post game chat she expressed concern about our height.
I hope that suggests that whatever Sarah does we keep our eye on international
players for the class of 2025...or even a springtime commit in 2024. We have had
wonderful success with across-the-pond gets...keep 'em coming. No college has the inside
scoop over there like UConn and Geno....with his international success.

Reaction Score
Prediction based on a feeling and the barest of facts. Geno will recruit a Stef Dolson like player from Europe with great rebounding, solid defense, and adequate offensive skills. Someone who isn't a Top20 rated player but able to make the deep number of UConn guards and wings better. If we get Strong, this will only make help her game. In any case, we will need a true big and this may be the best option.

Reaction Score
My current "speculations" about Ms. Sarah Strong.... i.e. the questions with my thoughts about each (in the parentheses).
1. Sarah will make her best choice on her own timetable, but when? (i.e. choice: UCONN... sooner rather than later).
2. Will Sarah be at the N. C. State vs UCONN WBB on Sunday? (YES!)
3. Will Sarah come by herself? with friends? with her Father, Danny Strong? with Mom, Allison Feaster? (my guess with
friends, and perhaps with Daddy, but if the whole family comes it will be a ++ UCONN indicator. i.e. IMO).
4. Will the result of the N.C. State game make a difference in Sarah's choice? (Probably not,
but I believe that Sarah's experience of watching the UCONN style of play should help her to pick UCONN!!)
5. Will Sarah make her decision during the Early Signing period or wait until the Spring Signing period?
(Probably not Spring, but would she consider waiting until she sees how her " best match" schools "do" during the season
and Post Season ???... IMO Sarah does not wait.)
To me, the true indication if she is a UConn commit or an LSU commit (I think it’s down to those two schools), will be her presence at the NC State game. This would be a great time to chat with Geno and let him know she’s going to commit to UConn (much like we can assume our former POI Arianna Roberson did with one last final visit to Duke).

Reaction Score
Lara Somfai, 6-4, is a UConn person of interest. She’s #18 in this video

I'm a fan of Lara Somfai...... There was a very nice interview video from about
two or three years ago. She was interviewing with some male BB notable
from Australia (a coach?). It was one of the items from the GOOGLE Search
that I previously did on Lara. She was delightful!

Reaction Score
P

Is she in the 2024 class?
1000006219.jpg

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Prediction based on a feeling and the barest of facts. Geno will recruit a Stef Dolson like player from Europe with great rebounding, solid defense, and adequate offensive skills. Someone who isn't a Top20 rated player but able to make the deep number of UConn guards and wings better. If we get Strong, this will only make help her game. In any case, we will need a true big and this may be the best option.
They have Gandy committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc