UConn Recruiting | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This thread is for discussion of UConn (ONLY) recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions, new players of interest, and much more!

The monthly thread is to learn about current UConn players of interest and recruits, see videos about them, and discuss their skills. As is typical of the Boneyard, threads would drift to discussion on the current roster, discussion of other teams, and, often, lots of posts where people express their feelings and hopes for who to get, etc. This thread is for those thread drifts.

Discussion in this thread can be very broad, but keep the discussion to UConn recruiting. If this thread is too off-topic, the administrators will shut it down.

Reaction Score
Let the speculation start (again!).

I think the commitment I’m most curious about is Arianna Roberson. Her top 5 was all over the country, so I’m having a hard time figuring out where she might commit. If it’s not UConn, where do you guys think she is most likely to commit? And why?

Reaction Score
This thread is for discussion of UConn (ONLY) recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions, new players of interest, and much more!

The monthly thread is to learn about current UConn players of interest and recruits, see videos about them, and discuss their skills. As is typical of the Boneyard, threads would drift to discussion on the current roster, discussion of other teams, and, often, lots of posts where people express their feelings and hopes for who to get, etc. This thread is for those thread drifts.

Discussion in this thread can be very broad, but keep the discussion to UConn recruiting. If this thread is too off-topic, the administrators will shut it down.
It says UConn recruiting only. Thus, speculation about a recruit that is unconnected to UConn will not be allowed. Gotta be a UConn POI. Got it.

But, let's assume it is a clear UConn POI. Even One with a reported offer. Yet, his thread is for "recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions." Does that mean you can speculate about other teams regarding competition, visits, rumored NIL offers related to a clear UConn POI?? Other coaches watching a UConn prospect's games?

Using the recent Strong speculation as a well discussed example, what's allowed / not allowed? (I don't think rumored NIL rumors should be allowed unless you can quote a player or coach. (yes, I know I was guilty in the former thread))

Reaction Score
Let the speculation start (again!).

I think the commitment I’m most curious about is Arianna Roberson. Her top 5 was all over the country, so I’m having a hard time figuring out where she might commit. If it’s not UConn, where do you guys think she is most likely to commit? And why?
My wish is to have both Sarah and Ari. But since you asked.... If Arianna is not to come to UCONN, my guess is
UCLA or Oregon. Cori is developing a " culture" out in L.A. and maybe if the younger BETTS does not follow Lauren it
would be a possible " fit " for Arianna. I like Oregon, because... I like Oregon.... and
they missed out on their next great big because of the injuries to Sedona Prince. It is tough to speculate because
I want her to have a great career in Storrs.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
It says UConn recruiting onlyonly. Thus, speculation about a recruit that is unconnected to UConn. Gotta be a UConn POI. Got it.

But, let's assume it is a clear UConn POI. One with a reported offer. Yet, it's for "recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions. Does that mean you can speculate about other teams regarding competition, visits, rumored NIL offers? Other coaches watching a prospect's games.

Using the recent Strong speculation (which is still open), what's allowed / not allowed? (I don't think rumored NIL rumors should be allowed unless you can quote a player or coach. (yes, I know I was guilty in the former thread)
Two tight by half. Not sure what that means, but it jumped into my head with the {only]. if we are talking about our desire to land Ms. Strong, we are not allowed to mention that she has other schools on her radar, and name them? Sometimes I think we get our undies in too much a bundle and lose track of what a discussion really is. What's next, another thread where we can name another team where a POI or recruit can be mentioned? IMO, good intentions on both recruiting threads, just a little too tight in reality. In the recruiting thread no mention of other schools where our POI's can be mentioned, however pics of players can be shown with other team logos, isn't that the same as mentioning the teams? Not unusual for me, I'm confused. I trust our monitors to not let individual posts get out of hand, remember as currently stated if Sarah Strong choses to pick another school, on our recruiting thread we can write she didn't pick our Huskies but we aren't allowed to mention what school she picked.

Reaction Score
It says UConn recruiting only. Thus, speculation about a recruit that is unconnected to UConn will not be allowed. Gotta be a UConn POI. Got it.

But, let's assume it is a clear UConn POI. Even One with a reported offer. Yet, his thread is for "recruiting rumors, speculations, predictions." Does that mean you can speculate about other teams regarding competition, visits, rumored NIL offers related to a clear UConn POI?? Other coaches watching a UConn prospect's games?

Using the recent Strong speculation as a well discussed example, what's allowed / not allowed? (I don't think rumored NIL rumors should be allowed unless you can quote a player or coach. (yes, I know I was guilty in the former thread))
Let me clarify, when I created the thread I intended for it to be allowed to discuss what other schools are recruiting UConn POIs and why you may or may not think they will choose another school (speculation about UConn recruits is encouraged in this thread!). When I said UConn recruiting only, I meant that we should only be speculating/discussing UConn recruits or players of interest.

I think this thread should be able to have broad conversation/speculation about UConn players of interest. So that might mean that if the player is connected to UConn, you can discuss any of their other visits or speculate about which schools might be more likely to get a commitment besides UConn, which coaches are also watching UConn POI’s, which players followed which players on social media, etc (because all of that is still speculation about the UConn POI). When it becomes more of an off-topic issue is when it turns to discussion about players that UConn had never recruited or is no longer recruiting. Another example of off-topic discussion might be if someone brought up new information about Kim Mulkey recruiting Sarah Strong (that’s on topic), but then the topic turns to discussion of Kim Mulkey’s recruiting practices and other non-UConn POI’s she is recruiting (this is off topic because you are no longer discussing UConn recruits).

So please just try to keep it UConn POI related and don’t use the freedom of thread drifts to openly discuss your dislike of other coaches or teams. I would hate to get this thread shut down again because I have loved getting to openly comment and speculate about UConn recruiting!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Roberson commits anywhere other than Duke, I will be surprised. She did an official visit last Spring and came back 4 days before the signing period alone (no parents in sight) and on her own dime. If her decision was UCONN, why go back to Duke this late in the process? My gut says she has made her decision. I think Lawson has recruited her for quite some time and Ari has the opportunity to play right away there. I'm obviously biased as a Duke fan, but that is what I think.

Reaction Score
If Roberson commits anywhere other than Duke, I will be surprised. She did an official visit last Spring and came back 4 days before the signing period alone (no parents in sight) and on her own dime. If her decision was UCONN, why go back to Duke this late in the process? My gut says she has made her decision. I think Lawson has recruited her for quite some time and Ari has the opportunity to play right away there. I'm obviously biased as a Duke fan, but that is what I think.
No doubt all pointed in that direction. In recruiting u win some and u lose some!! If Jana comes back 100% next season UCONN will be just fine!! We all saw what she did over the past summer before her injury! She was the best player on the floor. Jana Can do so many things. She will be a nightmare to defend. She can hurt u inside and take u outside. She can shoot the 3, great passer and great rebounder. I love her game!!! Lastly she has amazing footwork for a big!! I’m excited to see her play!!

Reaction Score
I think Lawson has recruited her for quite some time and Ari has the opportunity to play right away there.
Would she? The post depth at Duke looks to be significant: Brown, Emsbo, Wood and Thomas. I suspect she wouldn't see any significant minutes until Brown leaves.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Would she? The post depth at Duke looks to be significant: Brown, Emsbo, Wood and Thomas. I suspect she wouldn't see any significant minutes until Brown leaves.

Well this is Brown's last season. Our only other post player, Emsbo is in her final year as well. Wood and Thomas are 3/4's.. Our two commits are both 6"2 power towards.

Reaction Score
Well this is Brown's last season. Our only other post player, Emsbo is in her final year as well. Wood and Thomas are 3/4's.. Our two commits are both 6"2 power towards.
Maybe so, but I've watched Thomas in HS and she is comfortable at the 5, and Ari is only a slender 6'4". Kids bounced off Thomas in HS

Reaction Score
I was kind of thinking Roberson might be leaning towards Duke as well, especially with the late visit to Duke. I believe we only knew that UConn was interested in Roberson in July or August based on Tonya and Morgan following her, so it makes me wonder if UConn was maybe a little late to recruiting her. If Lawson has recruited her for quite a long time, then that definitely has me thinking that UConn might not get her

Reaction Score
I hope Sarah Strong is watching the LSU game right now… I just am not sure Sarah would have a place among a team that already has Aneesah Morrow and Angel Reese. I hope Sarah realizes that she would get more playing time and would develop much more as a player at UConn than if she went to LSU.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I hope Sarah Strong is watching the LSU game right now… I just am not sure Sarah would have a place among a team that already has Aneesah Morrow and Angel Reese. I hope Sarah realizes that she would get more playing time and would develop much more as a player at UConn than if she went to LSU.
I agree, but then again, she would be joining a team with Patterson, El Alfy, Brady, and Deberry.

Reaction Score
I agree, but then again, she would be joining a team with Patterson, El Alfy, Brady, and Deberry.
I think she’d fit in very well in that group. Probably get 15 mins/g in her first season. She wouldn’t get more than that at LSU or SC, and here she’ll play with a stacked back court. I’m sure her parents have been pointing such things out to her. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that her mom also constantly reminds her to tuck in her shirt, just like CD.

Reaction Score
If she isn't good enough to play at LSU then she sure doesn't want to go to UConn. I would say are her chances of getting to her goals better at UConn or LSU? She obviously is one of the best players in her class so talent shouldn't keep her off the floor not matter where she goes. I do think you get a better basketball education playing for Geno though so hopefully that is what drives her.

Reaction Score
If she isn't good enough to play at LSU then she sure doesn't want to go to UConn. I would say are her chances of getting to her goals better at UConn or LSU? She obviously is one of the best players in her class so talent shouldn't keep her off the floor not matter where she goes. I do think you get a better basketball education playing for Geno though so hopefully that is what drives her.
Number one ranked recruits usually don't think much about not seeing the court. Some may consider it but they usually have enough confidence to know they will get plenty of PT. Freshman starting may tempt some but not the ones who want to play for championships.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Number one ranked recruits usually don't think much about not seeing the court. Some may consider it but they usually have enough confidence to know they will get plenty of PT. Freshman starting may tempt some but not the ones who want to play for championships.
Should a player look at a school and think, hey I know I'll get a lot of minutes, the program is high in the polls, so that's where I'm going? If that's the deal maker than I don't want that player at UCONN. The coaches, the system, the players and the mutual benefit the player and University both receive imo should be the deciding factor on picking a school. If Sarah prefers the loose type of program Kim offers than I prefer she forget about UCONN. and head somewhere else. If Sarah or any other player wants a program that builds family, gets the best out of players and team, A program that gives the players the best shot at achieving their goals, college and beyond, a program that stresses education and team play. A program that is built on recruiting, not on constantly trying to enhance themselves in the transfer portal, then that's the player I want wearing Husky blue.
Yes, there are a number of programs that fill that bill, UCONN being at the top of that list. I don't believe LSU is one of them. Time will tell, when Sarah makes her choice, her pick will indicate to us what her priorities are. In any event I wish her the best and would love for her to choose our Huskies. If not, we won't miss what we never had.

Reaction Score
Should a player look at a school and think, hey I know I'll get a lot of minutes, the program is high in the polls, so that's where I'm going? If that's the deal maker than I don't want that player at UCONN. The coaches, the system, the players and the mutual benefit the player and University both receive imo should be the deciding factor on picking a school. If Sarah prefers the loose type of program Kim offers than I prefer she forget about UCONN. and head somewhere else. If Sarah or any other player wants a program that builds family, gets the best out of players and team, A program that gives the players the best shot at achieving their goals, college and beyond, a program that stresses education and team play. A program that is built on recruiting, not on constantly trying to enhance themselves in the transfer portal, then that's the player I want wearing Husky blue.
Yes, there are a number of programs that fill that bill, UCONN being at the top of that list. I don't believe LSU is one of them. Time will tell, when Sarah makes her choice, her pick will indicate to us what her priorities are. In any event I wish her the best and would love for her to choose our Huskies. If not, we won't miss what we never had.
Well spoken! UCONN is a close-knit family and an excellent sports program. GO HUSKIES!! We also
have Jonathan XIV and XV (the last comment added by request of my coonhound, BILLIE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom