The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I would love to see Jordan win a Ring but I have been a fan of Los Serpientos from the beginning. Rooting for them.

Both teams are feel-good teams.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I would love to see Jordan win a Ring but I have been a fan of Los Serpientos from the beginning. Rooting for them.

Both teams are feel-good teams.
Full fledged meltdown going on in Philly today on local news.

Reaction Score
To the suprise of nobody nothing has changed and nothing will change.

Hal and Cashman still don’t get it not suprised in the least.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

How about this moron? Wow does he actually believe the crap he’s throwing out here?

Sadly not only does he believe it, he also believes that anyone who disagrees with him isn't smart enough to understand why his decisions are the correct decisions.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
@Dove feel free to delete this thread if you wanted to start the "official" official thread, but excited for opening day today!

Cole, Judge the Captain, Volpe...let's go!
So Cole wins Cy Young, a pyrrhic victory in irony; and the other two...
Any chance someone informs Steinbrenner, Cashman, Levine, et al, that what they know about baseball isn't any good any longer (if it was good at all) and they listen? No? Thought so. Damn hard surrendering baseball during an election year, but I'll find something. Maybe I can take up painting so I can watch it dry.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So Cole wins Cy Young, a pyrrhic victory in irony; and the other two...
Any chance someone informs Steinbrenner, Cashman, Levine, et al, that what they know about baseball isn't any good any longer (if it was good at all) and they listen? No? Thought so. Damn hard surrendering baseball during an election year, but I'll find something. Maybe I can take up painting so I can watch it dry.
I’m a Sox fan but I feel like both franchises missed the memo. What wins? Not stars. Most of the biggest stars are on bad teams. This isn’t the NBA. As near as I can tell, depth across the roster is what wins. Good players everywhere. Good depth behind them whether position players or pitchers. Both teams would be stupid to sign Ohtani. Never won with the Angels despite playing with the other best player in the game.

Cole is a great piece to build around.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I’m a Sox fan but I feel like both franchises missed the memo. What wins? Not stars. Most of the biggest stars are on bad teams. This isn’t the NBA. As near as I can tell, depth across the roster is what wins. Good players everywhere. Good depth behind them whether position players or pitchers. Both teams would be stupid to sign Ohtani. Never won with the Angels despite playing with the other best player in the game.

Any team that signs Ohtani will collapse under the weight of the Boras circus that accompanies him. Which is why I want to see him go to the Dodgers...
You are correct, teams that win are, well, teams. The Yankees were/are a mishmash of "stars," that are barely brighter than a refrigerator light bulb.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Yeah I think you’re on to something here… plenty of teams win with stars, but often times those stars are home grown or blossom into stars after they arrive. Especially position players (pitchers are an exception).

The Astros are a prime example. Same with the Yankees of the late 90s.

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
The Astros are a prime example. Same with the Yankees of the late 90s.
As much as I despise the Cheatstros (I’m not bitter though!) they haven’t missed a beat while losing some big name players over the last few years. Cashman should take notes.

At least we’re still paying Hicks $8.7mil and Donaldson $6mil in 2024. Money well spent…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
As much as I despise the Cheatstros (I’m not bitter though!) they haven’t missed a beat while losing some big name players over the last few years. Cashman should take notes.

At least we’re still paying Hicks $8.7mil and Donaldson $6mil in 2024. Money well spent…
I can’t believe Cashman still has a job. Hal cares so much about money, apparently, and no one has wasted it more than Cashman. It truly boggles my mind.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe Cashman still has a job. Hal cares so much about money, apparently, and no one has wasted it more than Cashman. It truly boggles my mind.

Well honestly while he’s “wasted” it in respect to the payback of talent he hasn’t overspent much at all dollar wise over the last few years. Their annual spend was just as high years ago as now so Cash has found the cheap way around for the most part. He just sucks at finding the guys who can play and play 140 plus games a year as well.

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score

MLB Rumors: Yankees Eyeing Jordan Montgomery, Frankie Montas Amid Yamamoto Buzz​

I had to make sure today wasn’t April 1st when I saw this. Has to be a joke.

Reaction Score
Cashman claimed Oscar Gonzalez off of waivers. Last year in 54 games he was .214/.237.. This could be a game changer:rolleyes:Head bang

Reaction Score
Not a bad move actually, dumpster is fine but it has become this franchise’s acceptance.

Reaction Score
Of the three biggest names that the Yankees have been associated with, Soto, Ohtani & Yamamoto, which would you be most excited to have join the Yankees next season? Which, if any, do you think we might see in pinstripes?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Of the three biggest names that the Yankees have been associated with, Soto, Ohtani & Yamamoto, which would you be most excited to have join the Yankees next season? Which, if any, do you think we might see in pinstripes?
Neither will be a Yankee. This is my guess.

We got Oscar Gonzalez!!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Soto will get me interested in next season. It will take a lot to get him and he may leave after one year, but he is young and left handed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Soto should have been completed already. I can't believe its being held up because we want both Thorpe and King excluded from the deal.

We won't bid for Yamamoto unless we know it won't become a bidding war with Cohen or we can unload Stanton's contract.

Hal is nothing like his old man.

Reaction Score
Don’t trade for Soto without a contract please. Ohtani no shot. Yamamoto most likely while the .340 career hitter from there or Korea is on my wish list. The Cardinals have some players Cashman is interested in. That’s scary!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Don’t trade for Soto without a contract please.
I read that he won't sign a contract now. Boras is his agent and he pushes his players to go to the open market.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom