The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am convinced Zach Wilson is just stupid. Taking sacks on that last drive was just stupid. On fourth down he had good protection…why not just throw it up? It was a turnover on downs anyway. Nope….he takes a sack.

He is stupid and that’s why the Jets are 3-4. Maybe Siemian should get a shot next week.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Ummm....nevermind ;)

(Key learning....wait until the game is over to post)

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I was convinced Nick Charlton was the Jets OC for 59 minutes
Yeah...I don't get what Hackett is doing. It just feels like he can't figure out how to maximize the talent he has to work with.

Reaction Score
I would have like a more decisive win coming out of the bye, but beggars can't be choosers. Wilson continues to protect the ball which is a good sign. 1 INT in his last 5 games. I am surprised Hall didn't do more damage on the ground and feel like that was the difference, but they won a game they should have won.

Prime Time games the next two weeks.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I would have like a more decisive win coming out of the bye, but beggars can't be choosers. Wilson continues to protect the ball which is a good sign. 1 INT in his last 5 games. I am surprised Hall didn't do more damage on the ground and feel like that was the difference, but they won a game they should have won.

Prime Time games the next two weeks.
I don't know what to make of Zach. Those two sacks he took around the two minute mark were awful. He also missed on easy passes. But...at the end he made a couple nice passes. It just feels he should be better and more consistent at this point.

But...I will take a 4-3 record at this point. I wonder how they will patch up the OL this week. I would imagine Lawson might be moved for an offensive lineman.

Reaction Score
I don't know what to make of Zach. Those two sacks he took around the two minute mark were awful. He also missed on easy passes. But...at the end he made a couple nice passes. It just feels he should be better and more consistent at this point.

But...I will take a 4-3 record at this point. I wonder how they will patch up the OL this week. I would imagine Lawson might be moved for an offensive lineman.

Add the fact that if Adore Jackson turns around he should intercept that throw which ended up clinching it for the Jets on the PI.

Lots of absolute ugliness with defenses both deserving to win.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Trading deadline is over and I am a little surprised Douglas didn't do anything. I was hoping he could find a team needing a DE who had an OL with a similar contract to Lawson. Not a starter level OL...just someone to help over the next few weeks until they get players back from IR.

But....you don't want to overpay in a year where the team is likely at best a one and done in the playoffs. And more likely not playoff bound.

I would think with what's going on in Vegas, they probably want to save assets for a potential Davante Adams trade.

Reaction Score
Trading deadline is over and I am a little surprised Douglas didn't do anything. I was hoping he could find a team needing a DE who had an OL with a similar contract to Lawson. Not a starter level OL...just someone to help over the next few weeks until they get players back from IR.

But....you don't want to overpay in a year where the team is likely at best a one and done in the playoffs. And more likely not playoff bound.

I would think with what's going on in Vegas, they probably want to save assets for a potential Davante Adams trade.
My take is why would you make any silly moves if Rodgers isn't guaranteed back. They're not making a SB run with Wilson and right now Rodgers is still a big question mark. So play it out with what you have and see what happens.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
My take is why would you make any silly moves if Rodgers isn't guaranteed back. They're not making a SB run with Wilson and right now Rodgers is still a big question mark. So play it out with what you have and see what happens.
Makes sense. Especially when you don't have a second round pick next year.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So what is it...players or scheme?

Easy answer is both...but if you had to pick one...which is it?

I say players. I don't love Hackett's play calling...but I saw him trying to change the tempo of the offense...more quick passes to get the ball out of Zach's hands..more reliance on Breece.

But the offensive line injuries and Zach's crappy decision making kill every drive. Zach isn't smart enough to improvise...and the line isn't good enough to let the play development. Add in WR drops.. penalities and average skill position talent at best...and you have a bad offensive team.

I don't think it's on Hackett...it's on the players. And Douglas....who brought in these players.

Reaction Score
I was talking to a friend this morning and said all of the following have their hand in the effort last night:

1) Hackett - His job to prepare a game plan.
2) Saleh - Hacket reports to him, he's responsible if Hackett doesn't get the job done...or the players.
3) The OL - If they don't do their job, it's pretty hard to be successful
4) Z Wilson - He's the QB. He runs the execution on the field.
5) The other offensive skill positions - Need to make plays to win.

End of the day? I feel like you have to point to the OL woes as the main piece here. Doesn't matter what plays Hackett draws up (and Saleh supports) if Bosa and Mack are going to run roughshod all over the backfield. And that sets up Wilson to be at his worst (improvising) and doesn't allow the skill players to make plays.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I was talking to a friend this morning and said all of the following have their hand in the effort last night:

1) Hackett - His job to prepare a game plan.
2) Saleh - Hacket reports to him, he's responsible if Hackett doesn't get the job done...or the players.
3) The OL - If they don't do their job, it's pretty hard to be successful
4) Z Wilson - He's the QB. He runs the execution on the field.
5) The other offensive skill positions - Need to make plays to win.

End of the day? I feel like you have to point to the OL woes as the main piece here. Doesn't matter what plays Hackett draws up (and Saleh supports) if Bosa and Mack are going to run roughshod all over the backfield. And that sets up Wilson to be at his worst (improvising) and doesn't allow the skill players to make plays.
I hear ya....but Zach does not handle pressure well. For a pretty athletic guy he is awful. Hackett tried to help him...Zach just isn't good. OL has been bad...but Zach has been worse.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
For some reason...I still like Joe Douglas. Maybe it's because the 2022 draft was amazing. But....his assessment of the quarterback situation has been beyond awful. And...we all know all that matters for success is at least mediocre quarterback play. Which the Jets haven't had for years.

So...Josh Dobbs...he was had for a 6th round pick just a couple weeks ago. He is infinitely better than Zach. Mike White...he would be better this year than Zach. Mayfield...Minshew... Winston. Joe passed on many average quarterbacks in favor of keeping Zach Wilson. He is trusted to know better than us what is good for the team. He has failed the team.

Let's hope Zach shows some life today and doesn't crap the bed against a bad Raiders team. If he does...Douglas is responsible for wasting another season. This defense and special teams is good enough to at least make the playoffs with average QB play. Joe stuck with his guy...and they are imploding.

Reaction Score
For some reason...I still like Joe Douglas. Maybe it's because the 2022 draft was amazing. But....his assessment of the quarterback situation has been beyond awful. And...we all know all that matters for success is at least mediocre quarterback play. Which the Jets haven't had for years.

So...Josh Dobbs...he was had for a 6th round pick just a couple weeks ago. He is infinitely better than Zach. Mike White...he would be better this year than Zach. Mayfield...Minshew... Winston. Joe passed on many average quarterbacks in favor of keeping Zach Wilson. He is trusted to know better than us what is good for the team. He has failed the team.

Let's hope Zach shows some life today and doesn't crap the bed against a bad Raiders team. If he does...Douglas is responsible for wasting another season. This defense and special teams is good enough to at least make the playoffs with average QB play. Joe stuck with his guy...and they are imploding.
Dobbs is also better than Derek Carr, I told you just give it time and Carr will show his true colors, not to mention he’s made of glass. I never wish injury on anyone btw.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Dobbs is also better than Derek Carr, I told you just give it time and Carr will show his true colors, not to mention he’s made of glass. I never wish injury on anyone btw.
Carr has struggled in NO...but he isn't made of glass. He has been one of the more durable quarterbacks the last 10 years. You must be mixing him up with Garappolo.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Perfect...Zach gags again. He just isn't smart enough to be a QB.

Oh well...no risk with Rodgers trying to play this year...he won't. No reason to. Douglas has cost the Jets this season with relying on Zach as his only backup QB. There were a myriad of options and Douglas said Zach was the guy. He was wrong...and he cost the Jets this season.

Joe and Saleh will probably get another season with Rodgers coming back next year. Let's hope a 40 yo QB coming off an Achilles injury can stay healthy. If not...yet another bad season.

Sigh.

Reaction Score
Perfect...Zach gags again. He just isn't smart enough to be a QB.

Oh well...no risk with Rodgers trying to play this year...he won't. No reason to. Douglas has cost the Jets this season with relying on Zach as his only backup QB. There were a myriad of options and Douglas said Zach was the guy. He was wrong...and he cost the Jets this season.

Joe and Saleh will probably get another season with Rodgers coming back next year. Let's hope a 40 yo QB coming off an Achilles injury can stay healthy. If not...yet another bad season.

Sigh.
The Jets and Zach know how to shoot themselves in the foot. Bad interception but good play by Spilane. Jets should have had a TD early in the second quarter as well but called back due to holding and other ineptitude after nice run by Zach.

Reaction Score
Well. I’ll give them credit. After 50 years of misery and disappointment they found a new way to kick me in the nuts this year. Kudos to them.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Well. I’ll give them credit. After 50 years of misery and disappointment they found a new way to kick me in the nuts this year. Kudos to them.
Looking forward to losing to the Patriots for the 478th straight time.

Reaction Score
I looked and before Brady, even in down years, the Pats had Bledsoe.

I think I landed on 1991. Pats were 6-10 with Hugh Millen at QB. 9 TDs and 18 INTs in 13 games. Jets were 8-8 with Ken OBrien. 10 TDs and 11 INTs in 16 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom