The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

Reaction Score
Apparently, not Zach Wilson.
Once again, Dove opens his mouth and sticks his foot in it.

Zach Wilson is now starting this Sunday against Houston. Can this season be any more embarrassing?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Once again, Dove opens his mouth and sticks his foot in it.

Zach Wilson is now starting this Sunday against Houston. Can this season be any more embarrassing?
Nah. When I wrote that, it was accurate.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Well...that went just as expected...lol. Zach outplays Stroud and they win easily.

Whatever.

Reaction Score
I hate myself for thinking, even for a SECOND, "you know.....if we could sign THAT Zach on the cheap, have Rodgers continue mentoring him......"

Two weeks ago, I was hoping Tim Boyle was Brock Purdy 2.0.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate myself for thinking, even for a SECOND, "you know.....if we could sign THAT Zach on the cheap, have Rodgers continue mentoring him......"

I’m no Jets fan, but you have a high 1st round draft QB with physical traits that are phenomenal and mental challenges. Shouldn’t you just hope he figures it out? If he does, you are golden. Same is true for the Bears right now.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

So what do you think it was? Zach not thinking too much or Hackett's play calling?

As usual..I think it's both.

Reaction Score
I’m no Jets fan, but you have a high 1st round draft QB with physical traits that are phenomenal and mental challenges. Shouldn’t you just hope he figures it out? If he does, you are golden. Same is true for the Bears right now.
You’re no Jets fan.

The second you let in a glimmer of hope is when the world comes crashing down to crush your soul.

Reaction Score
I'm done. Saleh, Hackett and Douglas are losers. Pure and simple. I have watched enough football in my life and this season especially to notice the difference between a winner and a loser. At the top? We have the three stooges doinking their heads together all game, every game.

Reaction Score
I'm done. Saleh, Hackett and Douglas are losers. Pure and simple. I have watched enough football in my life and this season especially to notice the difference between a winner and a loser. At the top? We have the three stooges doinking their heads together all game, every game.

I want one more offseason/draft for Douglas to see if he can turn it around. He is 19 months removed from the best draft in franchise history, I am not ready to give up on him just so Woody can bring in another Charlie Casserly recommended GM disaster.

Let's not forget the franchise QB went down on the 4th play of the season and the offensive line has been decimated by injuries. Not many teams could recover from that level of damage.

19 months ago half the UConn fanbase thought Hurley would never win anything and at halftime of the Iona game many were getting ready to fire him into outer space, now he is perched at the top of his profession.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want one more offseason/draft for Douglas to see if he can turn it around. He is 19 months removed from the best draft in franchise history, I am not ready to give up on him just so Woody can bring in another Charlie Casserly recommended GM disaster.

Let's not forget the franchise QB went down on the 4th play of the season and the offensive line has been decimated by injuries. Not many teams could recover from that level of damage.

19 months ago half the UConn fanbase thought Hurley would never win anything and at halftime of the Iona game many were getting ready to fire him into outer space, now he is perched at the top of his profession.
They are so woefully overmatched on offense in every single game. How many halves do we need to have with -4 total yards? Every quarterback in this system looks laughable. Look at other teams when their #1 QB goes down, they don't look like they fell off a cliff. Devito. Levis. SF found Purdy. Flacco for god's sake.

So next year, we trot out a 40 yr old Rodgers. I'm sure he makes a decided difference. What happens when he can't play 17 games? What happens when he goes down for a bit or a while? The offensive system is a joke that is rolling ALL their dice on ONE person.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They are so woefully overmatched on offense in every single game. How many halves do we need to have with -4 total yards? Every quarterback in this system looks laughable. Look at other teams when their #1 QB goes down, they don't look like they fell off a cliff. Devito. Levis. SF found Purdy. Flacco for god's sake.

So next year, we trot out a 40 yr old Rodgers. I'm sure he makes a decided difference. What happens when he can't play 17 games? What happens when he goes down for a bit or a while? The offensive system is a joke that is rolling ALL their dice on ONE person.
It’s not like the Jets didn’t have Flacco last year, or Mike White. The Jets and the Patriots are both running old school offenses and I don’t think it’s matters too much who the QB is. Some, certainly but if you allow a basketball comparison it’s like which team runs the best 1998 ISO offense. Sure with Jordan and Pippen it was great then. Yet the Warriors, Nuggets or Celtics of today would tear them apart.

Ironically, Wilson was drafted because he can run modern offense (or has the tools to do so) and yet they have him in the wrong system. Rodgers is like an aging Jordan, so yes, he’d be better in what they run. But it won’t be good enough. Best move for the Jets, take the training wheels off and let Wilson improv. Both Wilsons.

Reaction Score
It’s not like the Jets didn’t have Flacco last year, or Mike White. The Jets and the Patriots are both running old school offenses and I don’t think it’s matters too much who the QB is. Some, certainly but if you allow a basketball comparison it’s like which team runs the best 1998 ISO offense. Sure with Jordan and Pippen it was great then. Yet the Warriors, Nuggets or Celtics of today would tear them apart.

Ironically, Wilson was drafted because he can run modern offense (or has the tools to do so) and yet they have him in the wrong system. Rodgers is like an aging Jordan, so yes, he’d be better in what they run. But it won’t be good enough. Best move for the Jets, take the training wheels off and let Wilson improv. Both Wilsons.
If you think the answer is Zach Wilson you need your head examined.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you think the answer is Zach Wilson you need your head examined.
He probably isn't. But the offense isn't doing him any favors. With a guy like him you have to embrace the chaos a bit.

Reaction Score
He probably isn't. But the offense isn't doing him any favors. With a guy like him you have to embrace the chaos a bit.
Define chaos. They had 5 sacks against and 4 total yds in the first half yesterday. What more do you suggest "embracing"?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is literally a dark cloud year for Jets fans. I ran into a bunch at a tiki bar last Thursday night. They all came down for the Miami game that Sunday. The weather was horrible, the beach was covered in water and they had to watch their team get pasted in person. But they were all true fans and got the joke, so to speak.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
The 2023 Jets have three more wins with Sam darnooldor 10 otherrando backup qbs in the nfl

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Has Douglas ever admitted he is responsible for building this train wrecknof an offenee

Reaction Score
I am stuck in the hospital. And I still ddint watch the game
Get well soon, Shaky.

In the most Jetsy move all season, I'm in a picks league where you "wager" 10 tokens a week. You can do 10 games at 1 token a game....or 1 game for 10 tokens.

I am in first place by 1 pt and I took the Jets +7.5 for 5 tokens. Yep. I was sure it'd be an ugly rockfight. I mean, I saw how bad Joe Flacco looked with the Jets, right? Good Browns D vs a good Jets D. No brainer!

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
This latest Rodgers incident may turn me against him permanently. Unless he has a logical reason for slandering Kimmel

Rodgers is too smart for his own good. He thinks he has it all figured out and everyone else is stupid.

I love hisleadership but he needs to stop going onMacafee

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom