The Official 2023 New York Jets thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

The Official 2023 New York Jets thread

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I have to admit....I am intrigued with how Boyle will play. I just read an article in the Athletic about him and he acknowledges that he played poorly in college. He talked about developing his mental approach and fixing his mechanics. He said he relied too much on having a big arm. He also said he had an injured thumb in 2021 when he started three games for the Lions.

So.....he knows this offense from his days with Hackett in GB. And he has has a quick release which will be needed with this OL.

So...how will he do tomorrow? Who knows...I do know one thing...since it's the Jets...if he does play well he will suffer some sort of season ending injury.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
What a disaster. When the defense got an unnecessary roughness penalty on their first play...I knew it was going to be another long day.

Without the Rodgers element...Saleh and Douglas would be fired right now. But...now...who knows.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
As they say, "Big, if true."

It's obvious Doyel doesn't like Rodgers. And Rodgers deserves the skepticism.

But I would be more inclined to listen to Doyel if he provided any evidence to support his claim.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In fairness, Doyel doesn't like many things.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Once he caught it at the 1, I said “oh no”.

And neither beat the Marino fake spike for me. At that time no one had done that and I hated Marino.
Hated but respected. So annoying to get a pass rush on him and he would flick his wrist and complete a pass to the smurfs.

So what's your latest thinking on the coaching staff? Do they all keep their jobs no matter what?

Reaction Score
Hated but respected. So annoying to get a pass rush on him and he would flick his wrist and complete a pass to the smurfs.

So what's your latest thinking on the coaching staff? Do they all keep their jobs no matter what?
I think the Rodgers injury buys everyone next season. Maybe not Hackett? But it wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed too. You bought the farm and you’re stuck with them until the Rodgers experience plays out.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I think the Rodgers injury buys everyone next season. Maybe not Hackett? But it wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed too. You bought the farm and you’re stuck with them until the Rodgers experience plays out.
I agree..it just doesn't feel right that they all get a pass because of Rodger's injury. Especially Douglas...he really screwed up the QB position on this team.

Reaction Score
If the Eagles win out the regular season, hard to fathom their only loss was to the Jets.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He may be back soon.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
He may be back soon.

If only Douglas had made an effort to find an adequate backup QB, this season could have been saved. Would have been fascinating to see if he could actually come back this season and play.

Now it would be crazy to play him.

Reaction Score
I officially hate this Rodgers story right now.

He's going to play no matter what.
He's not going to play.
He's only going to play if they're in contention.
He wants to play to show that someone can come back this quickly.
They'd be stupid to let him play.

I honestly don't give a dam anymore. Throw this season in the trash and figure out how to patch the numerous holes for next year.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I officially hate this Rodgers story right now.

He's going to play no matter what.
He's not going to play.
He's only going to play if they're in contention.
He wants to play to show that someone can come back this quickly.
They'd be stupid to let him play.

I honestly don't give a dam anymore. Throw this season in the trash and figure out how to patch the numerous holes for next year.
That's exactly where I am. The media loves Rodgers stories.

As a Jets fan...he just needs to focus on next year...and get Devante Adams to push for a trade to NY. And...get a few OL to sign as free agents.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Do the Jets have the 3 worst quarterbacks in the NFL? Thanks Joe Douglas.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
These coaches....and GM... see these quarterbacks in practice. Do they look that much better in practice that they decided to not get a quarterback when Rodgers went down? And Siemian is the best they can come up with?

At this point...go back to Zach. At least he can move.

What a cluster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom