Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uk is not pushing for jones . Jones is pushing for uk.. big difference. Sorry I did not explain that:). I think jones is their plan c

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
99 is right.

On the bright side, Kentucky never gets to plan C.

Their recruiting philosophy is similar to their in game coaching philosophy.

Plan A- Roll out ball and have talented kids run and jump.

Plan B- See Plan A.

Plan C- Under development.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
It's never easy going up against UK for recruits but right now Jones and Briscoe don't appear to be their main targets.

Both are looking at signing later on so they may be waiting to see where all the other blue chips fall before deciding. Jones may be holding out for UK but UK won't hold out for him...I get the sense that it's between us, Auburn and UK for Jones

Reaction Score
It's never easy going up against UK for recruits but right now Jones and Briscoe don't appear to be their main targets.

Both are looking at signing later on so they may be waiting to see where all the other blue chips fall before deciding. Jones may be holding out for UK but UK won't hold out for him...I get the sense that it's between us, Auburn and UK for Jones

I agree with jones and disagree with Briscoe. I am hearing by Monday he will give a verbal to them...

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I agree with jones and disagree with Briscoe. I am hearing by Monday he will give a verbal to them...

Hopefully KO makes him think about it a little bit this weekend.

Reaction Score
Hopefully KO makes him think about it a little bit this weekend.

Hell yes... have zero info on the visit. Had heard ray Allen might be on campus but probably talk

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
That's very interesting being that they didn't officially offer him a scholly yet, although I'm sure he will get an official offer over the weekend in that case. I never had my hopes up on Briscoe even from the start let alone after he removed us from his list and then re-added us. If he doesn't commit to UK after his visit that will still leave the door open for a KO close

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
That's very interesting being that they didn't officially offer him a scholly yet, although I'm sure he will get an official offer over the weekend in that case. I never had my hopes up on Briscoe even from the start let alone after he removed us from his list and then re-added us. If he doesn't commit to UK after his visit that will still leave the door open for a KO close

Yeah, but I'd rather see Stone and either Mack, clarke or Jones. Mack may be my favorite of the 3, but I'll love whichever of those 3 staff wants or simply wants us.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but I'd rather see Stone and either Mack, clarke or Jones. Mack may be my favorite of the 3, but I'll love whichever of those 3 staff wants or simply wants us.

I like Big Mac the best. He is prolly banging a Gold Rush Dancer as we speak in Richmond. :) haha

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yep, they're a strange crew.

I don't think they are strange. They are passionate fans. They love their team. Basketball is everything at VCU just like at UConn (minus the four championships and countless NBA players). That's just my opinion brodie...:)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think they are strange. They are passionate fans. They love their team. Basketball is everything at VCU just like at UConn (minus the four championships and countless NBA players). That's just my opinion brodie...:)

they are passionate...and also strange and insecure, definitely a different breed. Going on twitter diatribes because your coach recruited a player first? These are grown men?

caw

Reaction Score
they are passionate...and also strange and insecure, definitely a different breed. Going on twitter diatribes because your coach recruited a player first? These are grown men?

Like a house full of HuskyFanDans (drunk, passionate, partially incoherent). They have a right to be insecure, they have had limited success and are constantly having people tell them their charismatic coach is going to jump ship (correctly or not).

Someone should point them to Donovan Mitchell's comments on a school recruiting them first and it not mattering (PC/VCU vs UL/UConn). Not saying Mack comes to UConn but sometimes being first to spot a kid means nothing in the end. If it did Cuse would have signed Briscoe a year ago.

If anything Mack wasn't really their first choice either, he became a higher priority was he grew and blew-up.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Like a house full of HuskyFanDans (drunk, passionate, partially incoherent). They have a right to be insecure, they have had limited success and are constantly having people tell them their charismatic coach is going to jump ship (correctly or not).
There's like a 1000% chance he's coaching Indiana at this time next year, right?

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^

VCU came in around #12 with their 2014 class according to ESPN. Their recruiting is on the upswing as is the program in general. The big problem however for VCU is HAVOC will remain somewhat of a smoke and mirrors charade until they land a TRUE rim protector at the back end of the press (which they are not in the mix for anyone). Mo Allie Cox is a 6-6 forward with a great wing span but is not the anchor that press is looking for. They are going hard after Aric Holman but Pitino considers him a redshirt candidate at Louisville if he ever wound up there (I don't think they offered). So Holman even though he has some skill at defending the rim also is not the answer. VCU would need a player like Amida "The King" Brimah to anchor a press like Smart throws out there. With "The King" VCU would be scary. VCU & UConn will be the only teams Big Mac considers. The good thing is at UConn he can be the ONLY Big Mac. VCU already has Mo Allie Cox

Take a look at Arkansas this year. 40 Minutes of Hell might make a comeback. They at least have Moses Kingsley and potential lottery pick in Bobby Portis (who worked all the big camps this summer) as anchors to 40 mins.

Where are all my brodies at? Holla!!!!!!! lol

Last edited:

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Looks like he made it through the VCU visit without committing. I'm starting to like our chances.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

"Knowledge is the new money" - KO at this clinic .

I would think derrick jones is a higher priority than Mack . KO having just taken part in a nike coaching clinic at his hs in PA( I think it was), for some reason I think we are in the drivers seat for a spring commit from jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom