Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It's really how you play that defines a player, not by how tall you are or who you guard. Some are too concerned with if you're the 3rd tallest player, you're automatically a SF (that's a true evaluation). I've had my haters who say there's no such thing as a 3-guard line up, but it does exist. Go back to Ollie-Shefffer-Allen (all guards) and El-Amin-Moore-Hamilton (all guards) and Boatright-Napier-Lamb (all guards). Pretty sure UConn listed them all as guards. It's never a bad thing to have too many guards. 3 guards + 2 bigs can be quite productive. :)
Of course. But the issue with all those lineups is they had two natural facilitators (Ollie & Doron, KEA & Ricky, Bazz & Boat) and then a third pure scorer. I personally think this is almost a necessity for college teams, and why the 1999 Duke team is nowhere near as great as most people seem to think, and why our 2006 team broke all our hearts.

Now, nobody knows what this kid can and can not do. But no scouting report I've read talks about him as a primary ball-handler or facilitator, so I think that, for all intents and purposes, he projects as a SF for us.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
@midlandsHSsports ‏@midlandsHSsport 5h
Tevin Mack vid interview coming tonight on website. He tells us he is SERIOUS about UConn's offer.@dreher_hoops @DreherHigh @DreherStuCo

Seems like both sides are very serious about their interest in one another...I really like Mack's skill set and he's a grinder based on that workout regime video posted earlier

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I like how the interviewer really sold "defending national champions" and the smile that came to his face. Also, Like I said I believe the kid has grown a few inches which really put him over the top. He was top 75 2 inches ago. We can always use shooters. Hope we get him. Seems like a good fit. Having him on the wing and D Ham on the other wing with JA, Tsam, Purv up top and AB/Phil in the middle would be lethal!

Reaction Score
Interviewer: "How's your shot? Your shot good?"
Mack: "Yes sir."

Well ok then.

P.S. I like that he's a Manchester United fan.

Reaction Score
Seems like a really nice kid too, had a pretty big smile on his face when talking about UConn.

Reaction Score
Seems like a great kid doesn't he? Grounded and excited about KO's offer no doubt.......

VCU in on both he and Clarke........I'd be happy getting either one right now no doubt. He's still "growing" too......:D

Reaction Score
I know Frank Martin is crazy, but the home state school has him on a visit the week after UConn. Will be interesting to see if they can get him to commit.

All I know is that the screws are tightening for that small forward spot between Derrick Jones, Chris Clarke and Tevin Mack. Only one spot left for them. The other scholarship will be waiting for Diamond Stone or a spring signee.

Reaction Score
Seems like a great kid doesn't he? Grounded and excited about KO's offer no doubt..

VCU in on both he and Clarke...I'd be happy getting either one right now no doubt. He's still "growing" too.:D

No VCU for Clarke, Va Tech

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Jones is likely a spring signee and I would be happy to take Mack along with either Jones or Clarke. I think Mack can coexist with either. He has a good enough handle to play the 2 and the size to defend the 3. I would want to hold out for Stone, but if he goes to Wisconsin, a combination of Mack and Jones or Clarke along with Adams and Enoch would be a more than satisfactory recruiting haul for KO.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
We were a little late to the party yet still made his top 5 which is a great sign. We are also the only high major team in his top 5 so if he wants to go that route we would be the choice

pj

Reaction Score
Speaking of home state connections, Ray Allen went to high school in Dalzell less than 50 miles from Tevin's home, and there's some similarities in their games. Maybe Ray Ray could put in a good word for us.

Reaction Score
We were a little late to the party yet still made his top 5 which is a great sign. We are also the only high major team in his top 5 so if he wants to go that route we would be the choice

Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia...I get that UConn is the best basketball program, but those aren't low or midmajor programs.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia...I get that UConn is the best basketball program, but those aren't low or midmajor programs.
Those school don't come anywhere near the tradition or success that UConn has...it's not even close. Not saying he won't end up at one of them but we are by far and away the big name draw in his final list and if that's something that he values then we will be in good position to land him.

It speaks a lot about KO's impact on him and his interest in our school for him to include us in his top 5 after we barely just started recruiting him. As reported already the mutual interest is SERIOUS

Reaction Score
Those school don't come anywhere near the tradition or success that UConn has...it's not even close. Not saying he won't end up at one of them but we are by far and away the big name draw in his final list and if that's something that he values then we will be in good position to land him.

It speaks a lot about KO's impact on him and his interest in our school for him to include us in his top 5 after we barely just started recruiting him. As reported already the mutual interest is SERIOUS

I'm not arguing that those schools are close to UConn in terms of winning and tradition, but they are still HM programs. I guess your definition is way different than mine.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I'm not arguing that those schools are close to UConn in terms of winning and tradition, but they are still HM programs. I guess your definition is way different than mine.
Yea I'm talking about winning High Major programs with a tradition of putting players in the league. I guess by your definition UNC and Duke are considered on the same level of high major status as let's say Wake and Clemson just because they are ACC members...as Meek Mills will say "There are levels to this "

Reaction Score
We've lost recruits to NC State, VCU, Florida State, and so on and so on. If kids picked schools purely based on how successful their program is, we'd get just about any kid we want.

Reaction Score
Yea I'm talking about winning High Major programs with a tradition of putting players in the league. I guess by your definition UNC and Duke are considered on the same level of high major status as let's say Wake and Clemson just because they are ACC members...as Meek Mills will say "There are levels to this "

Sure there are, but that doesn't make Clemson/Georgia/South Carolina mid-majors. They're definitely all high major schools, because that term refers to the conference, and the ACC and the SEC are definitely high-major conferences.

pj

Reaction Score
There are 351 schools playing Division I basketball. The terms high-major and mid-major (and, presumptively, low-major) suggest a division into thirds. By that standard there are 117 high-major programs and surely Georgia, Clemson, and South Carolina are among them. As are UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple, SMU, and maybe Houston in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Going to South Carolina would obviously be fun as hell , until frank Martin tears him a new one

Reaction Score
th

Ditto:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members