Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
To me it appears this weekend was a pretty solid outcome for UConn. Every recruit UConn is after appears to still be in play (not committed elsewhere) even after some big visits.

Reaction Score
To me it appears this weekend was a pretty solid outcome for UConn. Every recruit UConn is after appears to still be in play (not committed elsewhere) even after some big visits.

no Clarke commitment after the Va Tech visit(hopefully I don't jinx anything and he announces before the Tenn visit) is big, gotta figure its between UConn and Va Tech for him. If he does make the Tenn visit we should probably here something relatively soon afterwards as far as a decision.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
no Clarke commitment after the Va Tech visit(hopefully I don't jinx anything and he announces before the Tenn visit) is big, gotta figure its between UConn and Va Tech for him. If he does make the Tenn visit we should probably here something relatively soon afterwards as far as a decision.
When is his Tennessee visit scheduled for?

Reaction Score
Drivers seat or not we can't wait for spring if the others are ready. If it's that good for him he'd turn the key on from the drivers seat.
I agree. I seriously doubt that KO will wait any longer to fill the wing spot. Depending on the overall need, my guess is if Mack or Clarke pull the trigger soon, that KO will still recruit Jones till his camp is no longer interested. He might even be willing take Clarke and Mack at the risk of being out of the Jones' sweepstakes. With Hamilton in the fold already, though he could turn out to be a one-and-done, I think it's going to be awfully hard to convince any of these 3 that they could co-exist with one of the other wings. We did see JC pull in Shad & Denham the same year, two players with a similar perceived skill set. I guess if two really wanted to play for KO, I could see it happening, but I think it's unlikely. I'd love to be proven wrong. Jones is one who might not be scared off by the other two, though I think the other two might be scared off by Jones. I guess I could see an argument for Mack and one of the two high flyers since his game is very different. And if Mack continues to grow, he could end up being a stretch-4 or 3/4 combo. Word is he keeps on growing and might not be done. Again the measurements are often inflated, but it was reported that he's a legit 6-7 and growing. If he can reach the 6-8 to 6-9 range and builds some muscle on his frame, he's a kid you can play at the 4 along side one of the prototypical wings. I bet his stock is rising, though he said after adding UConn, he's no longer considering any additional programs.

JC use to attract a lot of interest from top recruits, but by this time of year, that list would be all but gone and he'd be focusing in on the under-the-radar recruits, a few moderately ranked ones, and maybe hanging on to one big-timer, such as Rudy, Bass, Durant, etc. As for KO, he's hanging in there with a bunch of highly ranked recruits. It all counts for nothing if he doesn't land one or two of them. Well I guess perception wise, it does make UConn still look like a destination for blue chip recruits even though we're not in one of the big 5 conferences. What bodes well for us, is that we seem to be high on many of these recruits top 5 lists. Seems if Stone decides to leave his home state, we have a good shot at him. There's always seem to be some sort of strong UConn pull in Jones' camp. I think Derrick and him family really like KO, but will that be enough. Hard to get a read from Clarke, but the competition for him doesn't seem as stiff as with the other recruits. Similar situation with Mack. Not sure if being added late to the mix means too-little-too-late, or if we're the new hot high school girl that everyone wants to date. I hope it's the latter. With Briscoe, we seem to be the on-and-off rebound girlfriend, with his heart set on UK. Newman seems like the type of recruit you add late once you've met all your needs since I, along with many, see him as a strong risk of losing him to some pay-for-play team in Europe, ala Emmanuel Mudiay. Still lots of talented options where any 2 of them added to Adams & Enoch would make an outstanding class.

caw

Reaction Score
Ehh...kids. Georgetown is building a massive practice facility. They will remain a force to reckon with.

Can someone confirm this was not a typo for Georgia?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
[QUOTE post: 1081371, member: 563"]Can someone confirm this was not a typo for Georgia?[/QUOTE]
Def a possibility.... UGA has always been mentioned in his recruitment, Georgetown never has.

Reaction Score
“@coreyevans_10: Tevin Mack won't sit tight for next few wknds as he finishes all 5 of his trips 2 Clemson 10/3, UConn 10/10, & South Car. 10/17 @ny2lasports”

Reaction Score
Ehh...kids. Georgetown is building a massive practice facility. They will remain a force to reckon with.

Holy crap! You weren't kidding when you said massive! 144,000 sq ft. @ $62,000,000.

Reaction Score
you need a big facility when you carry five 7 footers on your roster.

Reaction Score
“@coreyevans_10: Tevin Mack won't sit tight for next few wknds as he finishes all 5 of his trips 2 Clemson 10/3, UConn 10/10, & South Car. 10/17 @ny2lasports”
I see this as possible good news in that he's not locked in with the programs that have been recruiting him for a long time. Hopefully it doesn't mean that he's not that convinced with those programs and his late addition of UConn. I like to see myself as a glass half full kinda guy, so I like the first idea better. :)

Reaction Score
3, 99, or anyone...do we know if he is still planning on visiting this weekend? He got through the last couple weeks without committing anywhere...good sign.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yes he is still planning on being here this weekend.
Any sense of if he might commit? Or what our chances look like?

Reaction Score
Any sense of if he might commit? Or what our chances look like?
I believe we are his last official which gives us the chance to close him if he likes Storrs better than other places he has been. There shouldn't be any questions on whether what campus or facilities he likes the best after this weekend whether that be UConn or another school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom