Tenn post game thread | The Boneyard

Tenn post game thread

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
2 things needed in the current environment:

1. Money to buy players
2. A HC who understands how to play the portal and NIL (and the money to buy them and a good supporting staff)

All other discussion is just so much blah blah blah.

Reaction Score
None of this REALLY matters, but my biggest gripe is how they quit in the second half.

Jackson Mitchell just watching their 8th string TE shuffle past him for a TD pass was embarrassing.

Not sure why Mora didn’t at least let some young guys in the game who might give A F and provide effort

Reaction Score
F-HQZu7XcAAPVXa.jpg

Glad it's over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched every second. The didn't beat us up. That were just faster than us everywhere that mattered.

One thing does bother me. We would have Cam Ross, one on one, with press coverage and a single high safety in the middle of the field and never took a shot. There was time for Roberson to take a shot. Or just take a seven step drop and throw it as far as he could. But we never do it. we never take a shot. I don't get it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not as down as most. Despite the absolute pasting, there's still something to work with here. Two bad breakdowns by secondary led to 2 very long TDs. 2 INTs and a fumble returned for 21. Things that can mostly be cleaned up vs a non-P5 opponent. TR had 200+ in the air vs a ranked P5. Receivers got open more than earlier in year. Even though this was a total shellacking, I feel I"ve seen worse from this team.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I'm not as down as most. Despite the absolute pasting, there's still something to work with here. Two bad breakdowns by secondary led to 2 very long TDs. 2 INTs and a fumble returned for 21. Things that can mostly be cleaned up vs a non-P5 opponent. TR had 200+ in the air vs a ranked P5. Receivers got open more than earlier in year. Even though this was a total shellacking, I feel I"ve seen worse from this team.
It stinks because they were competitive in the beginning of the game. Roberson and Charlton had their best start to a game so far this year. But...the defense continues to give up explosives and the game just unraveled.

Reaction Score
We were moving the ball in the first half first quarter. Wheels fell.off the D today. Letting thier wr run free.

Speed is killing us. LB, DB speed not were we need to be.

Need money. Need better coaches and players with that money.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Literally embarrassing in every way- explosive plays, turnovers, dumb mental errors, poor coaching decisions, lack of hustle, lack of execution, etc. AD Dave needs to make fixing this priority 1

Reaction Score

1. Money to buy players
2. A HC who understands how to play the portal and NIL (and the money to buy them and a good supporting staff)

No offense but kind of a stupid post. Mora said himself that we were not getting enough NIL money to get the players we need. His Staff is ok but the talent is not there. I can not see him staying without a much bigger commitment from Donors. Also he said that we are getting killed in recruiting not being in a conference but no hope for us getting into a P4 so it doesn't look promising.

Reaction Score
Scoreboards don't lie and with TR can we stop w/ the compliments on his passing? he has 3 times the offense sets because our Defense allowed Tennessee to score at will.
If we had dual threat QB we could have made that game much more competitive. Pocket passers are not a good option for us - not at this point in time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We have a strong line a decent QB and some dudes at other skill spots. Coaching is brutal

Reaction Score
Mora is using conference and NIL money are an excuse for losing. I didn't hear anything about that last year when we were having a great year. He doesn't want to admit that he's doing a horrendous job coaching this year so keeps talking about that.

Reaction Score
Nothing to complain about today, really. These money games are only going to get worse and worse given the separation that is ongoing. We don’t belong on the same field as an SEC power. The next 3 games will give us a solid sense of where the program actually is and where it is going under this staff. I hope there is no sign of quitting all around.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice Mora barely shake hands with Heupel and no eye contact at end of the game? Heupel had a grin as they walked away like he wasn’t happy about it. Wonder what that was about.

Reaction Score
Mora is using conference and NIL money are an excuse for losing. I didn't hear anything about that last year when we were having a great year. He doesn't want to admit that he's doing a horrendous job coaching this year so keeps talking about that.

He was absolutely talking about nil money last year

Reaction Score

1. Money to buy players

There’s a little more (like relaxing admission standards) but that’s pretty much it.

Pay players more and get good recruiters.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice Mora barely shake hands with Heupel and no eye contact at end of the game? Heupel had a grin as they walked away like he wasn’t happy about it. Wonder what that was about.
probably nothing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom