Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just put some thought into who on our staff would find another FBS level job if they are let go...here are my picks: Brown, Hughes, Wholley, Day, Foley, maybe White (back on D side of ball) and Perkins..No way for Pasqualoni, DeLeone, and Cersosimo....Sos maybe FCS..definitely D-2 or D-3

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I think it reflects poorly on the school to fire him in less than two years..

It also makes it hard to hire when you tell a coach "a bowl in 2 years or you are out of here and we'll fight you over severance".

Barring malfeasance they need to look at that recruiting class, the prospects of transfers, and how the Spring shapes up. I expect GDL is gone in December. Warde and PP have a chance to show they can hire talented assistants

Reaction Score
It also makes it hard to hire when you tell a coach "a bowl in 2 years or you are out of here and we'll fight you over severance".

Barring malfeasance they need to look at that recruiting class, the prospects of transfers, and how the Spring shapes up. I expect GDL is gone in December. Warde and PP have a chance to show they can hire talented assistants

Wow, are you out to lunch. It's not a question of a bowl in 2 years. The program is going in the opposite direction. This is not building; it's bumbling. FIRE PP's NOW. Watched ND game and Watching WV game. Do you realize there was a time a few years ago where we could stand toe to toe and did. OH my good Lord, look how far we have fallen. A real tragedy on so many levels.

Reaction Score
Say what you will about Edsall (and there is plenty), the one thing he did was always get his teams performing up at a higher level in late season. You have the exact opposite here. RE could coach up ( yes, sucked in many other ways, but by comparison we were in nirvana and just didn't know it).

Reaction Score

Worth the risk. A good coach will have UConn back in a bowl in no time.

Reaction Score
I always believe you need to give a new coach at least 3 years to work with his recruits. A lot of this mess has to be on the players. I have no problem questioning the coaching decisions it has not been good but most on this board who want PP fired would say the same thing no matter who the coach is. The way college football is these days - almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I try to be positive because that is all I got to keep from going insane.

No. No. No and No.
Sorry to break it to you but going insane is the only sane response at this point. It would be preferable to give a coach 3 years unless said coach is driving the program over a cliff. But then again, we re-elected Bush to do exactly that.

Reaction Score
I always believe you need to give a new coach at least 3 years to work with his recruits. A lot of this mess has to be on the players. I have no problem questioning the coaching decisions it has not been good but most on this board who want PP fired would say the same thing no matter who the coach is. The way college football is these days - almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I try to be positive because that is all I got to keep from going insane.

Let's put aside your first sentence. The lack of blame being put on the players for Friday night is shocking to me. It's as if people want to believe that changing the head coach is magically going to take players who are not executing and not playing with passion and going to magically make them perform.

The players are not coming near getting getting it done.

Reaction Score
Why is this stupid? You seem to love to call other people's posts stupid. WE got waxed by the worst program in the Big East a week after losing to Temple. Your condescending attitude is a joke
Unfortunately, I think it is time to update the school known as the worst program in the BE.....

Reaction Score
My educated guess is that they are excited at the prospects of playing at UConn (great academics, athletic tradition and facilities). Who the coaches are is secondary to the type of student athletes we are recruiting.

If grown ups on this board were tricked into believing this was a good hire, why in the world would high school kids be expected to know differently?

Reaction Score

There is having a bad two years and then there is what we have. Could it be worse? Yes. Are there one or two areas that are mildly encouraging? Yes.

But overall we are a big bold down arrow. With every decision, statement, play call etc. we see the ineptitude. Pasqualoni is just doing the same failed stuff that he was doing when he was taking Syracuse down.

It's one thing to hold on to a coach that is losing but you can still see the little improvements and the small things that lead you to be optimistic in the future.

Look, Paul Pasqualoni is a good guy but any reasonable person can see that this job is too big for him. He may have been a good HC back in the day, when the game was different but he isn't nowl

College football is different now. We are undergoing a renaissance of sorts in offensive philosophy. Teams are running far more sophisticated schemes with similar talent levels. They are doing it without the sloppy delay of game calls. We're running really simple stuff, and the players, particularly the offensive line are still not getting it.

That's coaching. That's not the players. When a teacher is teaching and the student isn't responding then you find new methods to get through to the student. Whatever these coaches are doing is not getting through to the players.

At this point a reasonable person can see that Paul Pasqualoni is a bad fit. It's not that he is the wrong coach at the wrong time. The truth is that there is never a time for a coach like him.

Reaction Score
If grown ups on this board were tricked into believing this was a good hire, why in the world would high school kids be expected to know differently?

A lot of people on this board refuse to be negative about anything. A lot of people on this board lecture other people when they are negative about some things.

It honestly blows my mind that anyone would have supported the PP hire for any reason other than wanting to be optimistic.

I will admit, however, that I did not predict this level of train wreck. UConn had some bad years before this but never the dissension in the locker room or home team family section.

Reaction Score
A lot of people on this board refuse to be negative about anything. A lot of people on this board lecture other people when they are negative about some things.

It honestly blows my mind that anyone would have supported the PP hire for any reason other than wanting to be optimistic.

I will admit, however, that I did not predict this level of train wreck. UConn had some bad years before this but never the dissension in the locker room or home team family section.

I think that these people are either:
A: Naive,
B: accepting of mediocrity,
C: Relatives of P or D,
D: A CT High School Football Coach
E: Desmond Conner

Reaction Score
It's not that he is the wrong coach at the wrong time. The truth is that there is never a time for a coach like him.
Really? I call BS. He's been a successful coach for many years. Still the winningest coach in the BE. Has time passed him by? Maybe, but to say his entire life was unsuccessful is just stupid.

Reaction Score
Really? I call BS. He's been a successful coach for many years. Still the winningest coach in the BE. Has time passed him by? Maybe, but to say his entire life was unsuccessful is just stupid.

I didn't say that. As he is right now, there is no time or place.

Besides, last time he was successful, Clinton was in office.

Reaction Score
I think that these people are either:
A: Naive,
B: accepting of mediocrity,
C: Relatives of P or D,
D: A CT High School Football Coach
E: Desmond Conner

Or just don't pay much attention to the rest of college football around the nation. Take a look at UConn and that ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom