Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not like FHCRE left the cupboard bare, there was a lot of talent on the team, it's been squandered, the Oline was solid and now can't block. Some one please hit the reset button quickly.

Reaction Score
Name me a coach you wanted 2 years ago instead of PP and if everything played out the same as it has up to now you would not want that other coach fired ?

Pretty much all the guys mentioned. I'd have loved Mike Leach. Rich Rod? Should have gone after him hard. McGee from Arkansas. Addazio.

I never thought this a good hire. Too old. Even if he was successful after a few years, soon the negative recruiting starts - Don't go there he'll be gone before you and you won't be one of the new guys kids. Plus he inherited a solid Dick MacPherson program and started it on the road to mediocrity and worse.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We are in one of the richest states in the country. Basketball and football practice and academic facilities are being built using private donations.
Most of the new parts of campus and the athletic facilities were built on UConn 2000 bonding. Anyone who donated to build the football facilities are now kicking themselves in the nads. That money isn't showing up again.

Reaction Score
I always believe you need to give a new coach at least 3 years to work with his recruits. A lot of this mess has to be on the players. I have no problem questioning the coaching decisions it has not been good but most on this board who want PP fired would say the same thing no matter who the coach is. The way college football is these days - almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I try to be positive because that is all I got to keep from going insane.

I can appreciate you trying to remain positive but unfortunately it's a lost cause. What people are saying is true. These guys quit on the coaches for a reason. They are so old school it will never work.

Once a coach or coach's lose a team there is no going back. Waiting for PP's guys can't happen. Recruits will get a whiff of what's going on and we won't get that all important uptick (grin) we all hoped for.

If Warde even tries to pin this on the players he is not as smart as I hoped he was.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Name me a coach you wanted 2 years ago instead of PP and if everything played out the same as it has up to now you would not want that other coach fired ?
Perhaps I had some delusions of grandeur post Fiesta Bowl but in my humble opinion I felt that a monkey could have coached this team to .500 both last season and this one with the schedule we had.

I would have loved McGhee (although Cristobal was my first choice) but primarily wanted someone young enough to last here for quite some time. What I truly believed after PP was hired was that he could improve the talent from what RE was bringing in, add some stability for a few years and then hand the program off (in a bit better shape than he found it) to the bright young mind who would lead us to great things.

After what I have seen I would have preferred the monkey.

Reaction Score
There is no downside in firing PP tonight. The season is shot and the best we can do is start making changes and maybe getting somebody like Coach Brown to fire this team back up and start building for next year. We have an unmitigated disaster on our hands, and no good cam come from allowing the staff to continue.

Reaction Score
Here's a few names that we have little to no chance of getting - Kevin Steele, Brent Venables, Kirby Smart, Mark Stoops, Brent Pease

Reaction Score
FYI - I wanted RichRod. Did not like the PP hire, but was warming up to him before the season started. Lost me after Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Stupid
Why is this stupid? You seem to love to call other people's posts stupid. WE got waxed by the worst program in the Big East a week after losing to Temple. Your condescending attitude is a joke

Reaction Score
He's not getting fired mid-season.

But if they lose out and finish 3-9 I can't see a scenario in which he comes back.
Here is a prediction I feel very comfortable making: UConn will
not win another game this season.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
He gets 3 years and will need to make 0ff season changes in staff and come up with some recruits, 3 losing seasons and all bets are off.

Reaction Score
I always believe you need to give a new coach at least 3 years to work with his recruits. A lot of this mess has to be on the players. I have no problem questioning the coaching decisions it has not been good but most on this board who want PP fired would say the same thing no matter who the coach is. The way college football is these days - almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I try to be positive because that is all I got to keep from going insane.
If that's your argument, stop calling other people's posts stupid. All you have is a coping mechanism

Reaction Score

Stupid!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Here is a prediction I feel very comfortable making: UConn will
not win another game this season.

I'll tweek that a bit and say we win one more as we beat Ville by 24 points.

PP and GDL's final to our fanbase, players and program.

"Wasn't Us!"

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think it reflects poorly on the school to fire him in less than two years. I don't think he should last past this season, but I don't think it is a good idea to fire him now. An interim coach won't do any better, and it will be disruptive to the team and the players. Run out the season, but start looking for a permanent replacement now.

Reaction Score
Coach P is done. FHCRE set a standard that coach P hasn't lived up to, don't care how long he's been on the job, when edsall was here we always kept the games close and battled, we're getting beat up by MAC level talent.

coach P is burning down the house and warde better do something about it before the barn goes too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wait, so after losing to Western Michigan (twice), Temple at home, blown out by Cuse and on our way to a 3-9 (0-7) some of you retards want to give him another year? Holy fcking christ, what's it going to take, an 0-12 season for you to pull the trigger? Jeesus christ.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think it reflects poorly on the school to fire him in less than two years. I don't think he should last past this season, but I don't think it is a good idea to fire him now. An interim coach won't do any better, and it will be disruptive to the team and the players. Run out the season, but start looking for a permanent replacement now.

Reflects poorly on the school? Hahahahahaah.

You know what else does? A two yeaar record of 8-16 and going 0-7 in the Big East.

It will disruptive to the team? Welln who would want to derail this well oiled machine we have going right now. You mean to suggest it could get worse than tonite? I doubt it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom