Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend | The Boneyard

Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reading some posts it seems like some people actually thought we had a chance in this game. We didn't have a chance tonight and we don't have a chance in another game this season. HCPP and the staff are damaging this program and the University more and more each day they are allowed to continue. Susan Herbst and Warde Manuel need to act now, if they are worried about the buyout I can guarantee you it will absolutely cost us more down the road and irreparable damage will be done to the program.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
please Mr Burton, get the last laugh

buy him out

Reaction Score
He's not getting fired mid-season.

But if they lose out and finish 3-9 I can't see a scenario in which he comes back.

Reaction Score
He's not getting fired mid-season.

But if they lose out and finish 3-9 I can't see a scenario in which he comes back.
Why not? It won't make a difference.

Reaction Score
Reading some posts it seems like some people actually thought we had a chance in this game. We didn't have a chance tonight and we don't have a chance in another game this season. HCPP and the staff are damaging this program and the University more and more each day they are allowed to continue. Susan Herbst and Warde Manuel need to act now, if they are worried about the buyout I can guarantee you it will absolutely cost us more down the road and irreparable damage will be done to the program.
Stupid

Reaction Score
Please tell me what's stupid? I would have to assume that you agree there should be no chance HCPP comes back next year, why would firing him now be stupid? You don't actually think we have a chance in any of the remainin games do you?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I say fire them before they get on the bus

maybe send them a text

Reaction Score
I'd fire immediately so an interim coach can motivate this team again. PP has lost them. Also gives us a head start on BC.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Bring in/promote a new head coach and manage to win a couple games the rest of the way and you could restore hope for next year maybe.

Reaction Score
Hank will get our boys fired up and squeak out a few W's.
Heartless performance!

Worse loss since ... well, Temple last week!

Reaction Score
Fire tonight. Let's get this mess cleaned up right now. Everyday that passes these clowns create more damage to what took ten years of blood sweat and tears to build. Cut the cancer out now.

Reaction Score
Bring in/promote a new head coach and manage to win a couple games the rest of the way and you could restore hope for next year maybe.

No. Not gonna improve anything by promoting from within. Need a national search, and then hire a name coach who is not a cultural fit for this island of resistance to big time college football.

Reaction Score
Please tell me what's stupid? I would have to assume that you agree there should be no chance HCPP comes back next year, why would firing him now be stupid? You don't actually think we have a chance in any of the remainin games do you?
I always believe you need to give a new coach at least 3 years to work with his recruits. A lot of this mess has to be on the players. I have no problem questioning the coaching decisions it has not been good but most on this board who want PP fired would say the same thing no matter who the coach is. The way college football is these days - almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I try to be positive because that is all I got to keep from going insane.

Reaction Score
Fire tonight. Let's get this mess cleaned up right now. Everyday that passes these clowns create more damage to what took ten years of blood sweat and tears to build. Cut the cancer out now.

Well said. 10 years of scratching and clawing down the drain.

Reaction Score
I always believe you need to give a new coach at least 3 years to work with his recruits. A lot of this mess has to be on the players. I have no problem questioning the coaching decisions it has not been good but most on this board who want PP fired would say the same thing no matter who the coach is. The way college football is these days - almost anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I try to be positive because that is all I got to keep from going insane.

Seriously?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I still think PP gets another year, even if we lose out. UConn is not a football school, the boosters and fanbase have no juice.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd rather have a team of Ed Nelson's than these chum buckets.

Reaction Score

If PP were a younger coach or someone who just landed a BCS job for the first time then I would agree with you. But we know what PP is all about. He does not energize the fanbase, his recruiting is average, game day coaching has been awful and the team looks lost. No reason to keep him another day.

Reaction Score
So you want HCPP to come back next year, my lord. This program has been damaged enough, you want to dig the hole 20 feet deeper and make sure the program is dead.

Reaction Score
If PP were a younger coach or someone who just landed a BCS job for the first time then I would agree with you. But we know what PP is all about. He does not energize the fanbase, his recruiting is average, game day coaching has been awful and the team looks lost. No reason to keep him another day.
I do not disagree here.

Reaction Score
So you want HCPP to come back next year, my lord. This program has been damaged enough, you want to dig the hole 20 feet deeper and make sure the program is dead.
I did not say that. Who is this good young coach everyone wants ? Serious question - I do not know.

Reaction Score
Name me a coach you wanted 2 years ago instead of PP and if everything played out the same as it has up to now you would not want that other coach fired ?

There is no upside to HCPP. this is the same crap that was going on when the Cuse fired him.

Better to can him a year early than a year late.

If this was Garrick McGee or Kasey Keeler I would not fire them. With PP there is no upside to him staying.

Reaction Score
I still think PP gets another year, even if we lose out. UConn is not a football school, the boosters and fanbase have no juice.
We are in one of the richest states in the country. Basketball and football practice and academic facilities are being built using private donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom