Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Staff needs to be gone before the end of the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wait, so after losing to Western Michigan (twice), Temple at home, blown out by Cuse and on our way to a 3-9 (0-7) some of you retards want to give him another year? Holy fcking christ, what's it going to take, an 0-12 season for you to pull the trigger? Jeesus christ.

Relax on the JC and you get a +1.

Reaction Score
Just wondering if we need to just keep firing coaches every 2 years moving forward to satisfy the fans ?

Only the incompetent ones. If you have been following the team this year you know any football fan can pick out the coaching blunders that have taken place. The wildcat alone should tell you something.

Sometimes a coach needs to break down the team to build it back up. This idiot inherited a BCS Bowl team and thought he should bring in an idiot OC coach, demoted the best OL coach you could ask for and said " we're going to stretch the defense" then changed blocking schemes and now we can't pass (not consistenly) and forget about running. Something we almost always do very well.

They will not be here next year. Bank on it.

By the way...stop with the name calling. You only get to do that when you have a back and forth pi*sing match and the other guy is just a stupid moron. (grin)

Reaction Score
How we have 16 commits wanting to play for these two coaches is beyond me.... who is advising these kids?

Reaction Score
Only the incompetent ones. If you have been following the team this year you know any football fan can pick out the coaching blunders that have taken place. The wildcat alone should tell you something.

Sometimes a coach needs to break down the team to build it back up. This idiot inherited a BCS Bowl team and thought he should bring in an idiot OC coach, demoted the best OL coach you could ask for and said " we're going to stretch the defense" then changed blocking schemes and now we can't pass (not consistenly) and forget about running. Something we almost always do very well.

They will not be here next year. Bank on it.

By the way...stop with the name calling. You only get to do that when you have a back and forth pi*sing match and the other guy is just a stupid moron. (grin)
I agree with most of this but this is not the same team that went to the BCS Bowl.

Reaction Score
Yup - that helps with recruiting, calling out our recruits and their families as dopes :oops:

dude, if they watched tonight...... nothing we say here makes a difference.

Exhibit C as to why Warde and Susan need to get moving and ASAP.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
(grin)
It's not even that they tried the wildcat once and it failed to work, but that they then kept doing the same frickin thing over and over again failing and never adjusting or learning from failure, and like wise the same problem with other elements to their coaching, like running up the middle repeatedly. Ugh. Time to let Rusty & GDL sleep. And move on.

Reaction Score
Yup - that helps with recruiting, calling out our recruits and their families as dopes :oops:

It really doesn't matter. When recruits come for their official visits do you think they are going to figure out the bad vibes? I'm guessing yes.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
How we have 16 commits wanting to play for these two coaches is beyond me.... who is advising these kids?
Stop it with the recruit stuff. Some ppl have worked there asses off to keep these kids on board and positive about the program behind the scenes. Hopefully we keep every recruit on board. Have at it coaches wise tho, if anyone read my twitter from like 5pm on im sure they enjoyed the show lol.

Reaction Score
Stop it with the recruit stuff. Some ppl have worked there asses off to keep these kids on board and positive about the program behind the scenes. Hopefully we keep every recruit on board. Have at it coaches wise tho, if anyone read my twitter from like 5pm on im sure they enjoyed the show lol.

You're right. I am sorry.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
It really doesn't matter. When recruits come for their official visits do you think they are going to figure out the bad vibes? I'm guessing yes.
Exactly! all they have to do is Watch a Game to see what's going on and they will know. Yep, It's that obvious.
(Unless your PP or GDL)

Reaction Score
Just wondering if we need to just keep firing coaches every 2 years moving forward to satisfy the fans ?
Only when they consistently suck massive amounts of rat turds.

Reaction Score
This staff should be gone. The game was on ESPN, it was the Friday night game and PP, GDL and the team just embarrassed the school with that performance.

Reaction Score
HCPP comment "believe it or not, I'm still having fun" is the reason I want him gone. Any head coach who is having fun losing every week putting such a horrible product on the field needs to go. He lost my support with that one comment, and explains so much why this team isn't getting it done on the field. How can he motivate the team if he is content enough to be having fun?

For all the things I disliked about Edsall, he had fire and passion. He was not having fun when the team under-performed and his teams always played hard, every possession. I am not seeing that with PP or his team.

This is the single biggest reason I say it is time for a change now, and not at the end of the season. Let PP go have fun doing something else and let another coach who won't have so much fun losing take the reins.

Reaction Score

My educated guess is that they are excited at the prospects of playing at UConn (great academics, athletic tradition and facilities). Who the coaches are is secondary to the type of student athletes we are recruiting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Bball anD fball seasons are different 30 games vs 12. Net worth of 1 game on season outcome etc.

Uconn bball is a top program. Hof in jc ships trophys nba etc...Uconn fball is a new program. Huge difference.

Reaction Score
Huskymedic, making any comparison between UConn football and UConn basketball is idiotic. UConn bball and Duke bball have been blown out on national tv before and everyone still knew they are great bball programs, each time UConn football gets blown out like this it shows more and more what a joke we've become, we are now viewed as one of the worst teams in D1.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The time to make a move is:
1) When you come to the realization that the current course of action has no chance to achieve any of the desired objectives.
-and-
2) When you have a replacement plan in place.

Anyone here ill enough to think we haven't met criteria #1?
The only question in my mind is does WM have his guy yet or at least a short list of guys he thinks he can get.

All that said, if this is the effort we can expect for the next four games he should wait to drop the hammer. With every loss going forward, it will become more obvious that PP isn't coming back next season and we enter the GRob/Kragthorpe zone and you'll see 15k at the Rent for a decade.

Reaction Score
Huskymedic, making any comparison between UConn football and UConn basketball is idiotic. UConn bball and Duke bball have been blown out on national tv before and everyone still knew they are great bball programs, each time UConn football gets blown out like this it shows more and more what a joke we've become, we are now viewed as one of the worst teams in D1.

I get it - smiley face/tongue in cheek original post. But there's also a timeline comparison (not a PP to JC comparison).There were a few NITs in the first dozen years mixed in w/ some NCAA success. The problem is people believed in JC and don't believe in PP (no argument).

Reaction Score
I get it - smiley face/tongue in cheek original post. But there's also a timeline comparison (not a PP to JC comparison).There were a few NITs in the first dozen years mixed in w/ some NCAA success. The problem is people believed in JC and don't believe in PP (no argument).
Keep in mind that Calhoun came to UConn having great success at little Northeastern. Did some damage in the NCAA tourney's and I think made the sweet 16 even (or came close can't recall). He also wasn't 61 or 62 when we he arrived on campus. Coach PP even if he did well wasn't going to be here more than 5-7 years, right? I mean at some point you have to look at the big picture and the future of this UConn football program is not PP for several reasons.
Just because Hathaway made a major mistake and the main worries about many prognosticators is now playing out, it doesn't mean you continue with that mistake just because PP has X amount of years left on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom