SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't think I've ever replied to you other than to like links, videos etc. I don't recall noticing any obvious insecurities from you, so this quote may be more about your feelings than mine.

It's just that the recruiting thing is pretty textbook, that's all, and it is frustrating to me that some of you refuse to understand. Especially when the same drama recurs in thread after thread.

In any case, unprofessional of me to opine about behaviors in these threads. I apologize to everyone. Should hold my tongue in these instances; there's no excuse. I promise to stay out of recruiting threads unless somebody commits.
I love this guy! He could well be my new favorite poster!

Reaction Score
Had low P5 offers plus our offer 1-2 months ago. Says "If I would have committed today I'd be a Husky." Pulls more offers from high D1 schools and shoots into 5 star range. Says he has no leader and is excited about getting more blue blood offers. Don't know about you, but for me this sounds exactly like Prince Ali all over again.

Once again, it needs to be said.

He is 2017.

As for Ali's offers, he chose UConn over Louisville and Maryland.

Reaction Score

if this is the case, any of his handlers need to push for a reclassification. could get to the league earlier and that matters.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Once again, it needs to be said.

He is 2017.

As for Ali's offers, he chose UConn over Louisville and Maryland.
I know he's 2017. I just don't like the feel of this recruitment. Its like we're being used as a stepping stone to get P5 offers and he's making it sort of public by withdrawing his "UConn leader" statements.

Reaction Score
I know he's 2017. I just don't like the feel of this recruitment. Its like we're being used as a stepping stone to get P5 offers and he's making it sort of public by withdrawing his "UConn leader" statements.
that could be true, but gilbert did the same thing. I'm with @HooperScooper or whoever they believe somebody close to him probably taught him how to deal with the media as an elite prospect. he very well easily be a serious uconn lean

Reaction Score

So you're just going to ignore the point I made?

He is 2017, he is on a different timeline than Ali.

Reaction Score
Is it crazy for me to say that I'd rather have Brendan Bailey over this guy?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So you're just going to ignore the point I made?

He is 2017, he is on a different timeline than Ali.
This is true but kids can commit/decommit at any time. So unless he signs a LOI he's sort of in the same boat as Ali (minus his commitment).

Reaction Score
Some people dive deeper into recruiting than what is actually going on I know division 1 athletes and most of the time recruitment was just phone calls, emails, and a visit, but people make it out to be Game of Thrones level mind games and intrigue

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Is it crazy for me to say that I'd rather have Brendan Bailey over this guy?

Yes, probably. I can see Bailey being a very good player at UConn. Diallo could be a star shooting guard. But, if he is not ready to put all 10 toes in, then he should go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Because of an interview and being measured at 6'3" you've gone from this
Absolutely no inside information but I'd be pretty surprised if Diallo is not a Husky. And the backcourt of Adams, Gilbert, and Diallo leading us to another championship.
to this
Whatever, I'd rather have a nice 4 year player in Brendan Bailey than a one and done Diallo.

Reaction Score
Because of an interview and being measured at 6'3" you've gone from this

to this

Don't get me wrong I think Diallo will be a great college player. I just like Brendan Bailey's style of play better.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I think Diallo will be a great college player. I just like Brendan Bailey's style of play better.
Well, there's a great chance Bailey goes on a religious mission and doesn't play until 2018. So, to me, there's no question who I'd prefer. That's also completely disregarding the fact that Diallo has become virtually a consensus 5* in a matter of weeks.

But the good thing is I think we're going to get both :).

Reaction Score
Well, there's a great chance Bailey goes on a religious mission and doesn't play until 2018. So, to me, there's no question who I'd prefer. That's also completely disregarding the fact that Diallo has become virtually a consensus 5* in a matter of weeks.

But the good thing is I think we're going to get both :).

I'd be even happier with both.

Reaction Score
You compared Diallo to Ben Gordon in an earlier post. Are you projecting Bailey to be Kevin Durant?

Reaction Score
You compared Diallo to Ben Gordon in an earlier post. Are you projecting Bailey to be Kevin Durant?

I see Bailey being a Devin Booker type player. Pure, lights out shooter. The main reason I favor Bailey is because I think he'll be a good 4 year player where as Diallo I see being a 1 or 2 year player and I favor the 4 year players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom