SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know people on this board don't like people trying to get "reads" on recruits based on Internet tidbits, but I don't think this kid is as high on UConn as many had originally thought.
My issue with the armchair psychology is that you in particular literally did the same thing in the Alterique Gilbert thread and other threads associated with him and you were resigned to him going to Louisville, and look how that turned out. So after all of that you're really going to go down the same road again?

Don't forget to add that people were more concerned about VJ King recruiting Alterique to Ville because of one quote by a Ville reporter. We didn't hear anything publically about his play with JA prior to his commitment. I think I trust KO's relationship with Hamidou and the fact that we were on him MONTHS before anyone else. But what do I know? Clearly I don't have a PhD in psychology like many on this board.

Reaction Score
I recently re-watched He Got Game and I can swear some of these comments could of been taken straight out of the movie. That being said, this is the most important decision of his life!!!

Reaction Score
My issue with the armchair psychology is that you in particular literally did the same thing in the Alterique Gilbert thread and other threads associated with him and you were resigned to him going to Louisville, and look how that turned out. So after all of that you're really going to go down the same road again?

Humans are creatures of habit. So yes, Damn yes! He's going down that road.

Reaction Score
The best thing about the people getting upset over the interview is that they clearly didn't watch the first linked interview.

If an offer from Duke or Kentucky ever makes its way to Diallo, that would be cause for concern. Aside from that, UConn will be fine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just can't understand the kind of person who would try to make psychological insights into a 16 or 17 year old kid doing an interview with someone with the social skills of an autistic chimpanzee. What, you were all super well-composed, well-spoken, TV-ready 16 year olds?

Judging by the idiotic things you say on message boards, I'm gonna go ahead and say probably not.

Reaction Score
I liked following recruiting so much more when we didn't have a million videos on youtube, twitter follows, and Everyman "experts" and "insiders." We had the Sunday Norwich Bulletin w/ Peter Abraham giving us a scoop or Bob Gibbons or the Konchalski guy sending out a newsletter. We didn't know anything about the recruit other than what we were told and we were happy to get any recruit we could get. Now we have access to meaningless interviews with teenagers and people forming opinions based on their character from a minute and 30 second piece with some guy who pretends to be important. Diallo is a 5 star player and some are now writing him off. Asinine.

Reaction Score
The important thing to remember here is that the letters in Hamidou can be rearranged to spell "IOU DHam". Clearly its his subtle way of thanking DHam for being a good host and leading him to UConn.

If he changes his first name to Zekreziswikou, we'll have to worry that he felt he owed something to Coach K. But that hasn't happened yet.

Reaction Score
The important thing to remember here is that the letters in Hamidou can be rearranged to spell "IOU DHam". Clearly its his subtle way of thanking DHam for being a good host and leading him to UConn.

If he changes his first name to Zekreziswikou, we'll have to worry that he felt he owed something to Coach K. But that hasn't happened yet.

Having an uneventful day at work?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I can't believe anyone is seriously questioning his attitude based on that interview. He has obviously been coached to not say anything about his intentions.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Can't wait to reference some of these paranoid posts when Hami commits to us in the near future

Reaction Score
HuskyFich said:
Having an uneventful day at work?

I'm a West Coaster - that was a "lying on the couch with the morning coffee" post.

I wanted to figure out if his middle name has an e, since Diallo contains 4/5 of Ollie. But I decided it really wasn't funny enough to warrant research.

Reaction Score
To get upset over an internet "reporter's" article is foolish. First, these guys are not all that professional as writers.
Second, they are biased towards the team they write for.
Finally, there's little love for UConn on Rivals, Scout, and 247, as bad feelings linger from past occurances between the Boneyard and these people.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't have a response because you are right. I'm an addict and my drug is recruiting.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
put back at 2:28 is silly good.

pj

Reaction Score
Good size, good hops, can get up and down the floor, has a handle, can score, strong build. Looks like a great prospect!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking his negativity is good mojo!

pj

Reaction Score
I like that he seems completely ambivalent about whether to take it right or left. It would be nice to close before "the elite of the elite" come calling.

It would be nice to beat out the "elite of the elite" for one of the best players in the class. After all, we're one of the "elite of the elite".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom