SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard, where fans who feel insecure about recruiting (since there is no good info and no control) congregate. Then, some people, who repress those feelings and turn them into misdirected anger, get mad at the other people who don't repress it and admit that they are worried.

I suppose it's also possible that some people don't take nonsense interviews seriously, and further possible that they have information you don't, but what would I know, I'm just repressed.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard, where fans who feel insecure about recruiting (since there is no good info and no control) congregate. Then, some people, who repress those feelings and turn them into misdirected anger, get mad at the other people who don't repress it and admit that they are worried.

You are not the person to comment on board psychology. Please don't project. Some of us realize that while a commitment would be awesome, a miss isn't the end of the world.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The best thing about the people getting upset over the interview is that they clearly didn't watch the first linked interview.

If an offer from Duke or Kentucky ever makes its way to Diallo, that would be cause for concern. Aside from that, UConn will be fine.

Anybody freaking out over his UConn comments or his "demeanor" should watch the first video. He was responsive and outgoing and said UConn/Ollie offered a "family thing" and that the first and second things he's looking for are a good relationship with the coach and a good fit.

Who do you guys think he was talking about?

Reaction Score
It's not stupidity, it's paranoia caused by fear of rejection.

Uh oh - please don't tell me there is something wrong with having these personality traits - that's me for every decade since I turned 10:cool:, which was a really long time ago.

Reaction Score
He only measured at 6'3.5 that's pretty small. If he played the 3 with Gilbert and Adams at the 1 and 2, that will be one tiny lineup.

Reaction Score
He only measured at 6'3.5 that's pretty small. If he played the 3 with Gilbert and Adams at the 1 and 2, that will be one tiny lineup.
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Anybody freaking out over his UConn comments or his "demeanor" should watch the first video. He was responsive and outgoing and said UConn/Ollie offered a "family thing" and that the first and second things he's looking for are a good relationship with the coach and a good fit.

Who do you guys think he was talking about?

The first video was all you really needed to see. He seems like a good kid that's trying to leave his options open and keep working on his game.

The second video was just a bunch of stupid questions - I was basically annoyed FOR him while I was watching it. For starters, the second video was done by a UConn guy. It seemed the interviewer was basically trying to ask him questions that would allude to him giving s information everyone knew he wouldn't give. It felt like a TMZ interview where some annoying random guy with a camera comes up and asks a celebrity questions they don't want to answer.
Some stupid questions asked:
"Are you reclassifying?" ... Why would you ask that? Does this guy think HE was going to be the one to get that from Diallo?
"Are you impressed by former UConn guards that went to the NBA?" ... How would you answer that? He might be, but this guy was basically trapping him into giving pro-UConn press when it is clear he is trying to be neutral.
He was asked "what are your goals for this camp?"... Are you kidding? What the hell do you think all of these kids are doing here? Every single kid is there to improve their game and get exposure.

Diallo is fine, guys. The second interview should be discarded/all should pretend it never happened.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I would bet that Hamidou thinks he's better than us and therefore wants to keep his options open.

Reaction Score
I would bet that Hamidou thinks he's better than us and therefore wants to keep his options open.
Based on his interview last month I would say you're well on your way to becoming Americas top sports psychologist

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Based on absolutely nothing.
Based on his interview last month I would say you're well on your way to becoming Americas top sports psychologist
Had low P5 offers plus our offer 1-2 months ago. Says "If I would have committed today I'd be a Husky." Pulls more offers from high D1 schools and shoots into 5 star range. Says he has no leader and is excited about getting more blue blood offers. Don't know about you, but for me this sounds exactly like Prince Ali all over again.

Reaction Score
first of all alot of info points to the fact that prince ali left because we were recruiting other guards. second of all he was breaking out when he said this and had recieved some good offers

Reaction Score
Had low P5 offers plus our offer 1-2 months ago. Says "If I would have committed today I'd be a Husky." Pulls more offers from high D1 schools and shoots into 5 star range. Says he has no leader and is excited about getting more blue blood offers. Don't know about you, but for me this sounds exactly like Prince Ali all over again.

Except Prince Ali had actually committed to us.

That said, if true, this would be a disheartening narrative. On the other hand, the commitment of Gilbert, ranked similarly (albeit different classes -- for now), should counter that perception for someone like Diallo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's like he's staring right into your soul. Freaky.
Dude! I was going to post the exact same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom