SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I see Bailey being a Devin Booker type player. Pure, lights out shooter. The main reason I favor Bailey is because I think he'll be a good 4 year player where as Diallo I see being a 1 or 2 year player and I favor the 4 year players.
By this logic, you'd take Tony Robertson, a good four-year player, over two years of Caron Butler.
Which is crazy.

Reaction Score
I see Bailey being a Devin Booker type player. Pure, lights out shooter. The main reason I favor Bailey is because I think he'll be a good 4 year player where as Diallo I see being a 1 or 2 year player and I favor the 4 year players.
That's the dumbest thing you can say in this era of college ball its like saying Kentucky or Duke shouldn't be recruiting the way they are coach K even said Duke needs to focus on the one and done game to keep up

Reaction Score

Devin Booker played one year at Kentucky and then was a lottery pick. If Bailey is Devin Booker there's no conceivable way he's in school for more than a year or two, tops.

Reaction Score
I really have nothing against you but your posts are really confusing me today. You want Bailey because you consider him a good 4 year player instead of a possible 1 and done in Diallo (who knows if that will even be the case) and then compare Bailey to Booker.

Booker was 18th in the ESPN 100, consensus 5*, McDonald's AA, 1 and done, lottery pick. Wrong comparison to justify your unorthodox opinion on Bailey over Diallo.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This thread keeps getting dumber.
I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow morning and discover this thread was only a nightmare and never existed. Of course the the following night I'll have another nightmare where several posters in this thread explain to me what the previous night's nightmare meant. And during that same second nightmare I'll reenter the Boneyard only to find this thread still exists.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow morning and discover this thread was only a nightmare and never existed. Of course the the following night I'll have another nightmare where several posters in this thread explain to me what the previous night's nightmare meant. And during that same second nightmare I'll reenter the Boneyard only to find this thread still exists.
It's the boneyard. 90% of the time it's always a nightmare

Reaction Score

Good Morning! This is me telling you that your nightmare actually existed. Not going to explain it to you because I don't have a PhD in psychology like people did in my nightmare last night. Oh wait....

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper. Just stop.

No one cares which recruit you'd prefer because you're a moron.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Speaking of changing the subject, I spontaneously decided to go back through the thread and watch all Diallo's highlight videos.

1) He is an otherworldly athlete. We've had a lot of tremendous athletes at UConn, but few with his combination of raw speed, length, and leaping ability. A+ athlete.

2) I've seen his numbers from AAU ball, which don't paint him as a great shooter, but looking at his video, he has good form and a quick release. With reps, I would bet he would be a consistent threat from deep in not too long.

3) He has quick hands, he gets to loose balls, and he has a high motor. All of that means he will more than likely be a disruptive defender at the next level. Defense wins championships.

In hindsight, it's easy to see why Diallo has rocketed up the rankings. I certainly hope he chooses UConn, but he'd make an impact anywhere he went.

Reaction Score
I say we stop recruiting the kid. I mean he goes from "UConn would be my choice if it were to be made now" to "No favorite my recruitment is wide open"? C'mon that's unheard of from a 16-17 year old kid and we don't have the time nor the patience for recruits like this.

Next :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I say we stop recruiting the kid. I mean he goes from "UConn would be my choice if it were to be made now" to "No favorite my recruitment is wide open"? C'mon that's unheard of from a 16-17 year old kid and we don't have the time nor the patience for recruits like this.

Next :rolleyes:
Plus he's only 6'3.5 in socks and would likely not be here for half a decade. I say we cut off all contact.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Plus he's only 6'3.5 in socks and would likely not be here for half a decade. I say we cut off all contact.

Way too close to Pangos on the Pangos-Johnson Scale.

Reaction Score

He looks to be 6'4 to me - still by not saying UCONN at all in his last interview we need to move on!

Reaction Score
He looks to be 6'4 to me - still by not saying UCONN at all in his last interview we need to move on!

Yeah, but you're at the age where you're shrinking. Just like you had to change your golf swing! :)

Reaction Score
Went over to cuse forum for some lols in their Gilbert thread, then came across a post by our good ambassador sdhusky claiming Dialla (sic) has reclassified..... huh?

Reaction Score
Went over to cuse forum for some lols in their Gilbert thread, then came across a post by our good ambassador sdhusky claiming Dialla (sic) has reclassified..... huh?
I think he has good intentions but he's wrong like 95% of the time over there. Diallo hasn't reclassified.

Reaction Score
I think he has good intentions but he's wrong like 95% of the time over there. Diallo hasn't reclassified.
I figured, hence the confusion

Does dude not even read his home forum? Because people have been asking and have been answered several times re: his possible reclassification

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Have you taken a second to think about why someone would choose to do in this instance, voluntarily post more there than here? Have you taken a second to think about why it bothers you or eludes your understanding that someone would make that choice?

Put your degrees away, you're intimidating us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom