Taliah Scott, Arkansas--> Auburn
Chance Gray, Oregon--> Ohio State
Grace Van Slooten, Oregon --> Michigan State
Deedee Hageman, Michigan State --> Ole Miss
Georgia Amoore, Virginia Tech --> Kentucky
Clara Strack, Virginia Tech --> Kentucky
Emma Ronsiek, Creighton --> Colorado State
Ajae Petty, Kentucky --> Ohio State

You're missing Kiki Iriafen, Diew (ISU), and Wolfenbarger?

Reaction Score

Loyal's in the transfer portal? U don't say...jk. she was good last year.

I saw some earlier post regarding the portal impacting the integrity of the game. I never thought of this and it's an interesting perspective. I've never thought of how the movement impacts the game if at all.

Reaction Score
A week ago:

I think Alabama probably just added someone in portal

Maybe Zaay Green's arrival and Roman Tubner's departure changed things?

I knew I wasn't imagining things by thinking Loyal publicly announced her return. Shame that she's leaving, but you can't recruit over (or seemingly recruit over) these players nowadays. They have options and will not hesitate to exercise them. Before you attempt to screw them, they'll screw you over.

I wonder if she likes Rocky Top.

Reaction Score
I agree re the ACC's prestigious collection of schools. I can't think of any conference outside of the Ivy League that can boast the level of academic excellence that the ACC can when you take into consideration Duke, Notre Dame, UVA, and GT, and add to that Stanford and Cal.

Having said that, it doesn't matter. The ACC is losing the women's basketball image battle to the SEC. There are lesser players who are finding landing spots in the SEC, so a player like Aaronette Vonleh can almost assuredly find a nice home in the SEC as well and pick up a nice bag to boot. Sure, she can help up-and-coming Duke or a recent FF team like NC State. But she can also help a still quite dangerous LSU program (national champs in 2023) or even a nearly flawless South Carolina program (national champs in 2022 and 2024). This is a losing fight.

I'm not sure the money is quite what people are suggesting, but at the same time I think it's a little weird that players from out of region will transfer from SEC to SEC.

Reaction Score
I agree re the ACC's prestigious collection of schools. I can't think of any conference outside of the Ivy League that can boast the level of academic excellence that the ACC can when you take into consideration Duke, Notre Dame, UVA, and GT, and add to that Stanford and Cal.

Having said that, it doesn't matter. The ACC is losing the women's basketball image battle to the SEC. There are lesser players who are finding landing spots in the SEC, so a player like Aaronette Vonleh can almost assuredly find a nice home in the SEC as well and pick up a nice bag to boot. Sure, she can help up-and-coming Duke or a recent FF team like NC State. But she can also help a still quite dangerous LSU program (national champs in 2023) or even a nearly flawless South Carolina program (national champs in 2022 and 2024). This is a losing fight.

Now, on the front end, I’m biased.

But what gives the SEC a better image for women’s hoops than the ACC? LSU and USC - totally get it. But … then what? The ACC, beyond academics but just on the strength of the league top to bottom seems like they are punching on the same level as the SEC. The SEC is more top heavy for sure, but the middle of the conference seems better in the ACC.

Totally get someone leaving for LSU or South Carolina. But is Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn, Bama, Vandy, Missouri, Miss State, UGa, UK … are those schools that much more enticing than ACC schools ? I don’t see it. To me the only difference, and it’s a big one potentially, is money. The ACC gets exposure on TV, gets teams in the big dance, has great environments to play in - I just don’t see the obvious differences in the leagues as a whole.

South Carolina is a different animal, the same way UConn is. But the rest of the conference compares pretty evenly to the ACC in my estimation.

Now I’m guessing money IS an issue and is becoming more so. LSU clearly has more money to throw around in women’s sports than most anyone in the nation. Apparently UK has a lot as well poaching an ACC coach from a secure job where he’d built a program. That sort of thing is very concerning for the conference and I imagine it’s going to get worse as football money continues to drive realignment and the rich get richer.

Reaction Score
But what gives the SEC a better image for women’s hoops than the ACC? LSU and USC - totally get it. But … then what? The ACC, beyond academics but just on the strength of the league top to bottom seems like they are punching on the same level as the SEC. The SEC is more top heavy for sure, but the middle of the conference seems better in the ACC.

Totally get someone leaving for LSU or South Carolina. But is Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn, Bama, Vandy, Missouri, Miss State, UGa, UK … are those schools that much more enticing than ACC schools ? I don’t see it. To me the only difference, and it’s a big one potentially, is money. The ACC gets exposure on TV, gets teams in the big dance, has great environments to play in - I just don’t see the obvious differences in the leagues as a whole.

Now I’m guessing money IS an issue and is becoming more so. LSU clearly has more money to throw around in women’s sports than most anyone in the nation. Apparently UK has a lot as well poaching an ACC coach from a secure job where he’d built a program. That sort of thing is very concerning for the conference and I imagine it’s going to get worse as football money continues to drive realignment and the rich get richer.
I’m a SEC graduate and supporter but tend to agree why leave a solid program in the ACC unless you are heading to one of the big timers.

I’m not a fan of this because college sports really is nearing the point of the P2 and 2 others who are hanging on for dear life. The ACC will be the next domino to fall most likely.

Why does it bother me? Because there is no guarantee MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, Arkansas would be allowed to stick in this new world of ridiculously high dollar athletics where the richest of the rich survive. The other SEC schools could kick us to the curb and bring in other schools with deeper pockets.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom