Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
In the past, we've had two threads:
  • Players entering the portal
  • Players Choosing Schools.

Generally, the top line goes first, so here we go...

My first entry, via Raoul, comes from Clemson.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thanks @Dillon77 for starting this new thread. I was thinking the same thing as when the portal opens, that's going to be a lot of new activity where the non-grad transfers can play immediately.
How soon after Selection Sunday can undergraduates, not in the Big Dance, enter the portal?
I'm too lazy to look it up. :):rolleyes:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
How soon after Selection Sunday can undergraduates, not in the Big Dance, enter the portal?
I'm too lazy to look it up. :):rolleyes:
Portal opens the next day, Monday, March 18.

On edit - I believe grad transfers can enter the portal and play immediately, whereas undergrads need to wait until the March 18 to May 1 timeframe, in order to play in the 2024-25 season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone from KY who had been dismissed from team has entered portal (articke was pay walled)

Reaction Score
Kentucky has had three players enter the portal and it's expected to be more. Rumor is Scherr is assuredly gone as well.

Ajea Petty - big loss
Janae Walker - freshman who is extremely raw
Zennia Thomas - dismissed in Nov

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Whoever takes over at Kentucky will have a big rebuild on their hands, but fortunately for them this is the last year of Covid seniors being granted an extra year of eligibility, so they should be in a good spot to load up on grad transfers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
DD7AC8FC-A8A3-44B1-A6D1-84A4755A82BA.jpeg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here are a few, just the text, as the pics and/or twitter links take up space. Per Raoul:

—Mama Dembele (5-6 SR point guard, Manlleu, Spain) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Missouri WBB; 2023-24 stats: 10.2 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 6.5 APG, 3.3 steals/game; All-SEC Defensive Team honors

—Nicole Rodriguez, 5-8 SR shooting guard, Eastvale, CA / Loyola Marymount (10.2 PPG, .377 3FG%)

—Paisley Specht, 5-11 RS SO wing, Folsom, CA (grad xfer) / Northern Colorado (previously at Idaho State)

Reaction Score
Here are a few, just the text, as the pics and/or twitter links take up space. Per Raoul:

—Mama Dembele (5-6 SR point guard, Manlleu, Spain) has entered the portal, as a grad xfer out of Missouri WBB; 2023-24 stats: 10.2 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 6.5 APG, 3.3 steals/game; All-SEC Defensive Team honors

—Nicole Rodriguez, 5-8 SR shooting guard, Eastvale, CA / Loyola Marymount (10.2 PPG, .377 3FG%)

—Paisley Specht, 5-11 RS SO wing, Folsom, CA (grad xfer) / Northern Colorado (previously at Idaho State)
There's chatter going around that Dembele is listed as Do Not Contact as well. Will be interesting to see what pans out there.

Reaction Score
There's chatter going around that Dembele is listed as Do Not Contact as well. Will be interesting to see what pans out there.
She is excellent and could help a lot of teams. Also is a very good student. She and Pingeton seemed to have a strong relationship, but when you become a grad student, I suppose many factors can come into play. Also, Hayley Frank has run out of eligibility, and she and Dembele were said to be close friends. I hope she lands somewhere that makes her happy. She seems to be a delightful young lady, not to mention a little speed demon.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago Detroit Mercy had somewhere around 11-14 players transfer. Guess things not going great with the new coach.

Have to wonder what both the coach and players expectations are.

Reaction Score
A couple of years ago Detroit Mercy had somewhere around 11-14 players transfer. Guess things not going great with the new coach.

Have to wonder what both the coach and players expectations are.
Maybe, but these are also grad transfers. Their situation could be a lot different than what happened in the past.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if she's interested in Iowa, we have one spot open and could use a PG for a season. Pingeton played for Lisa Bluder at St. Ambrose and there is a player on the Iowa men's team, Ladji Dembele, don't know if they are related (they aren't siblings).

Reaction Score
I wonder if she's interested in Iowa, we have one spot open and could use a PG for a season. Pingeton played for Lisa Bluder at St. Ambrose and there is a player on the Iowa men's team, Ladji Dembele, don't know if they are related (they aren't siblings).
Sounds like a perfect match.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom