Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 54 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Olsen to ND makes no sense. She would be coming off the bench.

I would like to see her at Iowa I think that makes a lot of sense. I feel like she has a good chance of ending up there.

Reaction Score
Maybe Miles is still not ready to come back and they need a combo guard to get them through the early part of the season.

Reaction Score
I have never known what fans mean by “ culture.” Particularly Vol fans who apparently mean “ winning like Pat did.

Does it mean fan support?
I think UConn certainly has a winning culture, but it also involves a tight-knit community of current and past players who have bought into a specific mindset about how a team practices and plays combined with individual responsibility and respect....... Dawn at SC has also developed a team culture very much like Geno's where individual statistics are sacrificed for the sake of team success........

Reaction Score
My guess is that Lucy Olsen would not be coming in as a PG or Combo Guard and that she would be used
as a SHOOTING GUARD. N.D. wants her 23 ++ PPG , not her Point Guard Skills. Lucy is
very elusive and seeks her shot. She can hit from the arc, intemediate range, and does
rather well going to the rim... How else did she come in # 3 behind Caitlin and Juju!!
I think shot attempts are a factor in all 3. But...the headlines and marketing make money on points versus picking all the meat off the bone. I think part of the transfer hysteria by players with low numbers is more playing time and a greater offensive role. You have AAs that average 20+ in HS that never average 10 in their best year in college. Part of that is having to share the rock.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think UConn certainly has a winning culture, but it also involves a tight-knit community of current and past players who have bought into a specific mindset about how a team practices and plays combined with individual responsibility and respect....... Dawn at SC has also developed a team culture very much like Geno's where individual statistics are sacrificed for the sake of team success........
Exactly. Adia means something similar at Arizona - support for your teammates and their success, taking practice and all seriously, working hard, etc. etc. Unlike UConn and South Carolina, she hasn't always achieved it, although this year's returning group comes close, as did the group that went to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
And Zaay Green is 6’2. Her and Saylor could easily be stretch 4’s imo. Or 4 out with Cody anchoring the post.
Saylor's stats look great until you dig into them and realize that she must be one of the most inefficient players on the so-called Top 25 list. Wretched 3-point percentage for the number she takes. If she cleans that up she could definitely be a stretch 4. As it stands now it's almost not worth guarding her out there.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Tax Day, Marathon Day, Draft Day, and still got Portal Day going on ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Death, taxes, and the portal.
I finished my taxes yesterday, I’m weary of the portal. I guess death is all that remains for me. I might as well hold on until November in case Paige & Co can give renewed meaning to life.

Coffee Shop Cat GIF

Reaction Score
Exactly. Adia means something similar at Arizona - support for your teammates and their success, taking practice and all seriously, working hard, etc. etc. Unlike UConn and South Carolina, she hasn't always achieved it, although this year's returning group comes close, as did the group that went to the Final Four.
Barnes may have an aspiration to duplicate Geno and Dawn. A portion of that final four group was already at the dirty t when Barnes arrived with McDonald.

It may be that Barnes has miscalculated in recruiting and has been unable to match players she brought in to her aspirational culture.

With that said at least Barnes has the support of the administration in kittieland which is impressive given the damage the former president did to the university. I could only hope that the Sun Devils can strategically shift from malignant indifference to a support for the women's basketball team. Fingers crossed on the hiring of Reed-Francois.

Reaction Score
Barnes may have an aspiration to duplicate Geno and Dawn. A portion of that final four group was already at the dirty t when Barnes arrived with McDonald.

It may be that Barnes has miscalculated in recruiting and has been unable to match players she brought in to her aspirational culture.

With that said at least Barnes has the support of the administration in kittieland which is impressive given the damage the former president did to the university. I could only hope that the Sun Devils can strategically shift from malignant indifference to a support for the women's basketball team. Fingers crossed on the hiring of Reed-Francois.
SUN DEVILS = Arizona State University, Tempt. Wildcats = U of Arizonia, Tucson = " Bear Down"!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom