Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 57 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Good to hear from a Belmont supporter. I don't mind being challenged/corrected if I'm off-base. But your information also brings up other questions.
  • Who else recruited Tessa Miller? Did she get interest from SEC/ACC schools?
  • I didn't articulate my comparison well. I'm aware Miller is primarily an internal player -- kind of a Liz Karlen -- whereas Pissot has become almost a one-trick bomber from the player I saw/scouted in high school in New Jersey. Does a Vandy want to have players who are , for wont of a better phrase, somewhat one-dimensional in their offensive approaches? (There, that's better....;) )
  • I'm familiar with Madison Bartley and was a bit surprised she didn't get more of a chance at Baylor. Bartley, btw, was a high school teammate of ND's own Maddy Westbeld.
  • So, if you don't think Miller is P5 ready, why would she even bother transferring? See no reason to go to a Big East where none of her family could see her. I watched Marshall and the new coach likes to play in waves. Maybe Miller could be part of one of them? Or, could she bridge the gap for new coaches at Clemson, Miami or Va. Tech?
Gosh knows Wake Forest could use some help.

Thanks for the scouting report and I hope this move works out for her. And that Bartley gets to see the court next year in Waco.

-
Clemson it is. Really hope she does well. I'm a big fan.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Ms. Miller might have company from someone that played for her new coach at Chattanooga.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This makes me so, so sad. I was really looking forward to her coming back healthy next season. To make matters even worse, UVA has no experienced height☹️
Makes me wonder/scratch my head, as well.
Big opportunity there to build on some excellent late-season performances, let by UVA's young guards.

Reaction Score
This makes me so, so sad. I was really looking forward to her coming back healthy next season. To make matters even worse, UVA has no experienced height☹️
I looked at a roster that had her listed at 5'11. Isn't she quite a bit taller than that? I was thinking 6'5.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
What class is she a member of?
Romy and Michele's?
Romy And Micheles High School Reunion Movie GIF

Reaction Score
I looked at a roster that had her listed at 5'11. Isn't she quite a bit taller than that? I was thinking 6'5.
No, she’s 5’11”. Great leaper prior to the knee injury. Her height was part of the reason she didn’t get much playing time at UConn. Very athletic, but no outside shot to speak of. So kind of a tweener. But boy can she rebound!

Reaction Score
I really like Mir. I think UMD would be a good fit.
I'm thinking ND if she's willing to play limited minutes her first year (for a team that could compete for a national title if healthy).

Reaction Score
No, she’s 5’11”. Great leaper prior to the knee injury. Her height was part of the reason she didn’t get much playing time at UConn. Very athletic, but no outside shot to speak of. So kind of a tweener. But boy can she rebound!
Thanks. I believe I mixed her up with Amauri Deberry.

Reaction Score
I’m a SEC graduate and supporter but tend to agree why leave a solid program in the ACC unless you are heading to one of the big timers.

I’m not a fan of this because college sports really is nearing the point of the P2 and 2 others who are hanging on for dear life. The ACC will be the next domino to fall most likely.

Why does it bother me? Because there is no guarantee MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, Arkansas would be allowed to stick in this new world of ridiculously high dollar athletics where the richest of the rich survive. The other SEC schools could kick us to the curb and bring in other schools with deeper pockets.

I have a hard time believing the SEC also rans are laying out a lot of cash...but not sure how else to explain it.

The SEC has not been a bad league and it may well be the best league next season if Texas and LSU are top 10 teams but it's a little odd.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing the SEC also rans are laying out a lot of cash...but not sure how else to explain it.

The SEC has not been a bad league and it may well be the best league next season if Texas and LSU are top 10 teams but it's a little odd.
Well considered how the Oregon State team jumped ship despite having a lot of talent makes me wonder what the players are thinking now about possibly playing in a “lesser” conference.

As a NC resident of several years I hope the ACC doesn’t implode but the unhappiness from the two big football powers is loud plus there are a couple who like the idea of the B10 for “academic” reasons plus the football cash.

Reaction Score

every time i'm ready to log off the portal sucks me back in. jk. really liked watching her this season. a shooter shooter with size. I thought her and Barker were gonna continue to do their thing at Alabama. Kinda bummed about them potentially splitting up.

Reaction Score
Well considered how the Oregon State team jumped ship despite having a lot of talent makes me wonder what the players are thinking now about possibly playing in a “lesser” conference.

As a NC resident of several years I hope the ACC doesn’t implode but the unhappiness from the two big football powers is loud plus there are a couple who like the idea of the B10 for “academic” reasons plus the football cash.
Not really a “lesser” conference… they were left on their own. ACC is next.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well it's not as big of an exodus, but Alabama is starting to give me a bit of Oregon St. vibes. Had a good season, return a nice nucleus...then several of them starting jumping ship. And they weren't getting busted down to a mid major conference. I don't think I'll ever understand the current state of college sports...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I would take Chen, TVO, Scherr, and Leger-Walker all day everyday over Deja Kelly.

I see we have a hater among us. :eek:

Anyway, she's overrated like Jordache Jeans back in the day, but Chapel Hill will be in a world of hurt without her next season if she doesn't return. She was the one player who could create her own shot.... even though she missed 70% of those shots.

I've never seen Scherr play, but the others are definitely better players in my opinion.

On that list.... Gardiner is WAY too low... She's top 5 without a doubt.

Reaction Score
I see we have a hater among us. :eek:

Anyway, she's overrated like Jordache Jeans back in the day, but Chapel Hill will be in a world of hurt without her next season if she doesn't return. She was the one player who could create her own shot.... even though she missed 70% of those shots.

I've never seen Scherr play, but the others are definitely better players in my opinion.

On that list.... Gardiner is WAY too low... She's top 5 without a doubt.
Jordache Jeans?!?!? Damn, you went way back in the time machine for that one. :D:eek:

Reaction Score
every time i'm ready to log off the portal sucks me back in. jk. really liked watching her this season. a shooter shooter with size. I thought her and Barker were gonna continue to do their thing at Alabama. Kinda bummed about them potentially splitting up.
One of the best 3-point shooters I saw last year, and she's clutch. I'm suspicious she and Loyal McQueen could be following their assistant coach to Knoxville. McQueen is a good player, but Nye is a jewel.

Reaction Score
One of the best 3-point shooters I saw last year, and she's clutch. I'm suspicious she and Loyal McQueen could be following their assistant coach to Knoxville. McQueen is a good player, but Nye is a jewel.

This is what I am thinking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom