Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 55 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score

Once again, the gift and curse of the portal. I like that she was able to leave Arizona after not getting much playing time. She goes to Colorado and breaks out. She's getting high fives from Shaq after dominating LSU the first game of the season. They go to back to back sweet 16s. Now she transfers again.... In fairness when ppl talk about the draft of 25, they don't bring up her name. In any event big loss for Colorado if she ends up leaving.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Biggest names in portal at the moment IMO:
Kailyn Gilbert, Arizona
Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas (originally UCONN)
Caitlyn Weimar, Boston (originally Marist State)
Aaronette Vonleh, Colorado (originally Arizona)
Maddie Scherr, Kentucky (originally Oregon)
Kateri Poole, LSU (originally Ohio State)
Hailey Van Lith, LSU (originally Louisville)
Faith Masonius, Maryland
Liza Karlen, Marquette
Mackenzie Hare, Marquette
Cameron Williams, Michigan
Laila Phelia, Michigan
Deja Kelly, North Carolina
KK Bransford, Notre Dame
Rikki Harris, Ohio State
Raegan Beers, Oregon State
Donovan Hunter, Oregon State
Talia von Oelhoffen, Oregon State
Timea Gardiner, Oregon State
Leilani Kapinus, Penn State
Kaitlyn Chen, Princeton
Kiki Iriafen, Stanford
Alyssa Latham, Syracuse
Deyona Gaston, Texas
Janiah Barker, Texas A&M
Lucy Olsen, Villanova
Mir Mclean, Virginia (originally UCONN)
Charlisse Leger-Walker, Washington State

Commits:
Taliah Scott, Arkansas--> Auburn
Chance Gray, Oregon--> Ohio State
Grace Van Slooten, Oregon --> Michigan State
Deedee Hageman, Michigan State --> Ole Miss
Georgia Amoore, Virginia Tech --> Kentucky
Clara Strack, Virginia Tech --> Kentucky
Emma Ronsiek, Creighton --> Colorado State
Ajae Petty, Kentucky --> Ohio State
Jalynn Bristow, Iowa State --> Texas Tech

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe Vonleh is leaving Colorado because another BIG (from the state of Colorado) who is also in the transfer portal is wanting to stay closer to her parents?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe Vonleh is leaving Colorado because another BIG (from the state of Colorado) who is also in the transfer portal is wanting to stay closer to her parents?
I don't know why that would cause her to leave though. Miller and Vonleh have been an effective duo. Beers is better than Miller of course, but I would think that would be a good thing for Vonleh?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Barnes may have an aspiration to duplicate Geno and Dawn. A portion of that final four group was already at the dirty t when Barnes arrived with McDonald.

It may be that Barnes has miscalculated in recruiting and has been unable to match players she brought in to her aspirational culture.

With that said at least Barnes has the support of the administration in kittieland which is impressive given the damage the former president did to the university. I could only hope that the Sun Devils can strategically shift from malignant indifference to a support for the women's basketball team. Fingers crossed on the hiring of Reed-Francois.
The first line is - if I am getting you - incorrect. No one that was on Barnes first team was on the Final Four team.

Your second point is correct, at least at times in the past. Always a mixed bag. There was a great culture to the Final Four team, really, but a few major misses. The current group seems good.

Adia - as I have told you before - is adored in Tucson, Heeke that recently left hired her and Robbins was a regular at home games and also made the ASU away game. I agree he needs to go, but his resignation isn't actually "real" until either they hire a replacement or actually tell him to leave.

We met (as in shook hands with) Reed-Francois, Robbins asked if we had met her as she was leaving the WBB game we attended. As I have noted, our seats were next to the table where Robbins sat, always very polite in passing. We will see.

Good luck in Tempe, it doesn't benefit anyone for ASU to be as bad as they were the last couple of years.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
SUN DEVILS = Arizona State University, Tempt. Wildcats = U of Arizonia, Tucson = " Bear Down"!!!
Um - he's got it. He is an ASU (and NAU) fan. He was intermixing his comments about Arizona with a reference to his.

Put another way "AS Who" vs "No Pity for the Kitties".

Reaction Score
Um - he's got it. He is an ASU (and NAU) fan. He was intermixing his comments about Arizona with a reference to his.

Put another way "AS Who" vs "No Pity for the Kitties".
So the " kitties" are the UofA "WILDCATS". OK.

Reaction Score
Good luck in Tempe, it doesn't benefit anyone for ASU to be as bad as they were the last couple of years.
Sun Devil women's basketball fans will need more than good luck. Fingers crossed that the former Missouri AD will be able to rectify what has been a half a dozen years of neglect from president Crow through the failed Anderson era. She has a great deal of work in front of her and while I'm guardedly optimistic I turn my basketball attention to the west valley and the Lopes. ASU would really benefit from watching how GCU stages and supports their woman's basketball.

CTT was well regarded and her final years were a Herculean effort to overcome the neglect of ASU. Tempe unlike dirty t is not a huge supporter of college basketball and in recent years Molly Miller over at Grand Canyon has put together the program that has generated the most success and enthusiasm. In fact the greatest women's basketball success last year in the state of Arizona were the Antelopes (24 wins) and Coach Payne's Lumberjacks, 25 wins and an appearance for the third straight year in the championship game in Boise.

There are a number of items on the ASU women's basketball agenda including making a change at the head coaching position, coherent, effective marketing, and long-term addressing the arena situation. The movement to the Big 12 I think will benefit fans down in the dirty t but without any action ASU women's basketball is facing a third consecutive 20 loss season.

Coach Adair is a wonderful person and has a track record at the mid major level but she's clearly out of her element. I'll be judging the new ASU AD by the speed with which she makes a change that is clearly long overdue.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Wow! She didn't play very well against us but was pretty good in other games that I watched. I don't know if she likes UConn, she seemed to have an "attitude" when playing us, but she could certainly help us.

Reaction Score
Wow, it seems like some of the big names in the portal are transferring for the second time. Was not expecting Vonleh.

Reaction Score
She needs to come to Duke. Darn shame that the ACC is an afterthought because as a whole its collection of schools > any other conference.
I agree re the ACC's prestigious collection of schools. I can't think of any conference outside of the Ivy League that can boast the level of academic excellence that the ACC can when you take into consideration Duke, Notre Dame, UVA, and GT, and add to that Stanford and Cal.

Having said that, it doesn't matter. The ACC is losing the women's basketball image battle to the SEC. There are lesser players who are finding landing spots in the SEC, so a player like Aaronette Vonleh can almost assuredly find a nice home in the SEC as well and pick up a nice bag to boot. Sure, she can help up-and-coming Duke or a recent FF team like NC State. But she can also help a still quite dangerous LSU program (national champs in 2023) or even a nearly flawless South Carolina program (national champs in 2022 and 2024). This is a losing fight.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The Big East, other than UConn, is getting clobbered.

Marquette loses Coach Duffy, Karlen and Hare (plus Nkumu declines fifth year); Creighton loses Ronsiek; Villanova loses SIX players, including Lucy, Zanai Jones and now Dalce; and Archer and Drake are out of eligibility at Saint John's.

I wonder what the over/under will be on the number of UConn 50+ point Big East blowouts.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom