Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
This wasn’t a shock or a break the internet because it had been widely rumored even before Vandeerveer’s retirement.

I think that was either a whole lot of nothing, or they heard a rumor about someone who changed their mind.
I was referring to the rumors that Kiki was about to enter the portal. We'd been waiting for confirmation.

But I agree...that was not a BREAK THE INTERNET newsflash.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Hmm. Doesn't Maryland have guards? Maybe too many guards and not enough forwards?
Outside of being a 2 1/2-hour drive from her hometown, I'm not sure of the attraction.

Iowa, I get. For some reason, I could see her also fitting in well with Teri Moren at IU.

Reaction Score
Iowa, I get. For some reason, I could see her also fitting in well with Teri Moren at IU.
My thinking exactly. Iowa and IU look like the sort of culture Lucy could thrive in, and the coaches who would support her.

Reaction Score
My thinking exactly. Iowa and IU look like the sort of culture Lucy could thrive in, and the coaches who would support her.
By culture you mean? What would these coaches have in terms of support that let's say Brenda Freese wouldn't have?

Reaction Score
By culture you mean? What would these coaches have in terms of support that let's say Brenda Freese wouldn't have?
I have never known what fans mean by “ culture.” Particularly Vol fans who apparently mean “ winning like Pat did.

Does it mean fan support?

Reaction Score
IMG_6957.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought I had heard Stanford didn’t really do NIL? $700k for a season ? I think the NC State MEN’s team was around $1 mil for the entire team this year if “sources” on the internet are close to being accurate.

If Kiki got that, what did Brink get?! And why did I hear anyone ever claim Stanford didn’t really do much in the way of NiL ?!

Reaction Score
So, SCar’s NIL collective payments of 25,000 per player for 12 roster members is really, really low. ( this does not include individual NIL negotiated by the players and their agents)

Reaction Score
The athletic had an article of the top 15 names in the transfer portal. Now it's a little outdated. But one thing I was thinking about was that they mentioned that Reagan Beers has an opportunity to become a household name. It made me think what programs really have the ability to turn a great player into a household name. Or even what does it takes to become a household name. As I ponder potential landing spots for players it's an interesting thing to think about.

Reaction Score
So, SCar’s NIL collective payments of 25,000 per player for 12 roster members is really, really low. ( this does not include individual NIL negotiated by the players and their agents)
I don’t think it’s low. I don’t have in depth knowledge but from what I have gathered $25k per player on the roster in women’s basketball would be pretty impressive. From the way you describe it, that’s a baseline. I highly doubt NC State has anything like that.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s low. I don’t have in depth knowledge but from what I have gathered $25k per player on the roster in women’s basketball would be pretty impressive. From the way you describe it, that’s a baseline. I highly doubt NC State has anything like that.
I wrote that in reference to ( what I think was bull dung) the statement that a Stanford was looking at having to pay 760,000 for one player.

There are a lot of rumors about NIL and I think 95% are bull dung.

LSU was offering half a million to Strong, Edwards and Cambridge - supposedly. They didn’t land any of them! Did UConn and SCar pay mor for Strong and Edwards? No. South Carolina offered Edwards .$25,000. She can make more in her individual NIL deals .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wrote that in reference to ( what I think was bull dung) the statement that a Stanford was looking at having to pay 760,000 for one player.

There are a lot of rumors about NIL and I think 95% are bull dung.

LSU was offering half a million to Strong, Edwards and Cambridge - supposedly. They didn’t land any of them! Did UConn and SCar pay mor for Strong and Edwards? No. South Carolina offered Edwards .$25,000. She can make more in her individual NIL deals .
I don't think it's completely "bull dung", it just gets framed in the wrong way. University boosters are basically telling recruits that they have resources to boost their NIL value to X dollars. It's not a guarantee but just a boast about the school's reach, visibility, and resources to increase follower counts, make industry contacts, and other similar tactics. It very different to say "we can make you worth a million" vs. "we will give you one million". I bet a lot of these numbers we hear are true but framed wrongly. In the above Iriafen case, a school probably approached her after conducting some research to show her a plan that could lead to $760,000 in NIL. It's basically just market forecasting in the ideal scenario.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's completely "bull dung", it just gets framed in the wrong way. University boosters are basically telling recruits that they have resources to boost their NIL value to X dollars. It's not a guarantee but just a boast about the school's reach, visibility, and resources to increase follower counts, make industry contacts, and other similar tactics. It very different to say "we can make you worth a million" vs. "we will give you one million". I bet a lot of these numbers we hear are true but framed wrongly. In the above Iriafen case, a school probably approached her after conducting some research to show her a plan that could lead to $760,000 in NIL. It's basically just market forecasting in the ideal scenario.

I’m other words “ bull dung.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don’t get Lucy playing next to Hannah and Olivia. And as good as Lucy is, I think Hannah is a bit better.
Why do you think Notre Dame would have an interest in her then?

Reaction Score
No clue. I just don’t think she would come off the bench for them. I still think Iowa.I would guess that LUCY OLSEN would switch from being a PG? to shooting guard an let Hannah.
My guess is that Lucy Olsen would not be coming in as a PG or Combo Guard and that she would be used
as a SHOOTING GUARD. N.D. wants her 23 ++ PPG , not her Point Guard Skills. Lucy is
very elusive and seeks her shot. She can hit from the arc, intemediate range, and does
rather well going to the rim... How else did she come in # 3 behind Caitlin and Juju!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom