Pascal Chukwu | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He won't play his first game at his new school until November of 2016. How is a high school game he played 2.5 years earlier relevant at all?

All 7'2'' kids are rough around the edges (if not downright terrible) in high school and it takes most of them a couple of years in college before they start to look like they have a clue at both ends of the floor. PC got him at the very beginning of a steep learning curve. We'd be getting him much further down the road.

If we don't want him, there will be about 340 other schools that would take him in a heartbeat.

u still didnt answer my question. u cant teach height, no doubt... does Uconn need more big men projects? I'm not sure... if we have a schollie to burn and want to take a chance, fine. I just really am not impressed with him from what i've seen. He seems like a very well rounded person, seemed like a nice kid. I just didnt see the fire in him to be dominate and saw him get pushed around a lot. He average 2 points and 2 rebounds in his first year at providence, i dont expect a huge jump from that amount

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but does anyone think PC will bar some schools? I can almost certainly think of one!

Reaction Score
u still didnt answer my question. u cant teach height, no doubt... does Uconn need more big men projects? I'm not sure... if we have a schollie to burn and want to take a chance, fine. I just really am not impressed with him from what i've seen. He seems like a very well rounded person, seemed like a nice kid. I just didnt see the fire in him to be dominate and saw him get pushed around a lot. He average 2 points and 2 rebounds in his first year at providence, i dont expect a huge jump from that amount

Ed Cooley certainly expected a huge jump from that amount. But the bottom line is that we do have a scholarship to burn - as of today we have 6 to give the class of 2016, and that assumes that no underclassmen leave early. He may be a project, but he's a project who gets a full year of development without burning a year of eligibility. The worst case scenario here is a serviceable backup center, which we need anyway. The best case scenario is much better.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley certainly expected a huge jump from that amount. But the bottom line is that we do have a scholarship to burn - as of today we have 6 to give the class of 2016, and that assumes that no underclassmen leave early. He may be a project, but he's a project who gets a full year of development without burning a year of eligibility. The worst case scenario here is a serviceable backup center, which we need anyway. The best case scenario is much better.

then your right, he is worth it but we arent exactly sure, at least i dont think i've heard anything as to the reason he is leaving Providence. If he wants to play for a big school with a big time program, i'd take him

Reaction Score
Hey, @seanmc94 is alive and well! He posted that, "nothing says bright lights and diversity like cow tipping in Storrs CT"

Seanzo loves to play the small town Storrs card. But, in addition to cow tipping, there in NC banner raising. And 6 billion in infrastructure improvements in Storrs. Can't say that's happening 50 miles east of Storrs.
e

Reaction Score
So one of the "insiders" on their board posted that Chukwu was unhappy at Providence and was pushed over the edge when Simon left. Apparently the family would like him to play at a school where they can drive to the games. I believe UConn is roughly an hour or hour and a half drive from his hometown?

Reaction Score
Providence is a nice little city. If a guy is picking Providence over Storrs because of the city/rural difference of the two schools we don't want them anyway because they aren't making a basketball decision, they are making a lifestyle decision. I'll take the kids that don't care about the location, or better than that, they like it because they understand there are less distractions and they can focus on academics and basketball.

Reaction Score
True, but not many on this board are young African Americans either.

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I'm intrigued that you're comfortable making that assumption. What's it based on? Did I miss a thread where most of the posters shared their demographics?

Reaction Score
I don't know, maybe he took a quick look at the cesspool.
I've wandered into the cesspool now and again. terrible. the irony of a highly censored board that lets a ton of offensive discussion prevail on another section.

Reaction Score
So one of the "insiders" on their board posted that Chukwu was unhappy at Providence and was pushed over the edge when Simon left. Apparently the family would like him to play at a school where they can drive to the games. I believe UConn is roughly an hour or hour and a half drive from his hometown?

Was that the case last year when he picked Providence? Why didn't he pick Fairfield if his family wanted to be able to drive to his games---Wouldn't Quinnipiac be a nice fit--Half the distance from his home

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Of course we all want instant-impact Diamond Stone guys...but I'll let you think about how rare those are.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Please excuse my insensitivity.

Let's go with the beloved, murderous, Caucasian doll, Chucky.

chucky-blog-jpg_164131.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've wandered into the cesspool now and again. terrible. the irony of a highly censored board that lets a ton of offensive discussion prevail on another section.

You are a stupid f---.

This board is anything but highly censored.

If you're that unhappy here, just go --- away.

Reaction Score

Go almost anywhere else on the internet and then tell me that this board is highly censored. Sorry you don't get to post gifs.

Reaction Score
Go almost anywhere else on the internet and then tell me that this board is highly censored. Sorry you don't get to post gifs.

Pretty sure he's mostly referring to the language filter.

Reaction Score
You can drop the "n word" on this forum (well you could a month ago). This board is anything but highly censored.

I miss the gifs.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe the Gibbs thread was the culprit for the elmination of gifs. Temery made that decision, and we signed Gibbs. Thanks to the gifs of course.

If gifs aren't back in March 2016 for us to please the mojo gods, then @temery is the easy choice for a hanging.

Reaction Score
You can drop the "n word" on this forum (well you could a month ago). This board is anything but highly censored.

I miss the gifs.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe the Gibbs thread was the culprit for the elmination of gifs. Temery made that decision, and we signed Gibbs. Thanks to the gifs of course.

If gifs aren't back in March 2016 for us to please the mojo gods, then @temery is the easy choice for a hanging.

I think you're making his point for him.

Reaction Score
I think you're making his point for him.

He's saying this board is highly censored, while it lets a ton of discussion go on in the cesspool.

How am I making his point for him? Are you saying people should be able to freely toss around a word as offensive as the n word on a forum where the owner/operator has to answer to advertisers in order to keep it free for the users?

I was one of the ones complaining about that word slipping through the filters, I'm glad it's been taken care of. However, that doesn't mean the board is "highly censored".

Reaction Score
You are a stupid f---.

This board is anything but highly censored.

If you're that unhappy here, just go --- away.

Not that I have ever used one when needed (which was often) but I think shrinks suggest that keeping one's feeling inside is not good for one's overall health.

Maybe you want to think about letting go and fully expressing your feelings and not holding back as you did in this post:)

BTW - I agree, there is not anything that one cannot post (not matter how idiotic) on this board with very few exceptions that have nothing to do with the wisdom (or lack thereof) set forth in a post.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not that I have ever used one when needed (which was often) but I think shrinks suggest that keeping one's feeling inside is not good for one's overall health.

Maybe you want to think about letting go and fully expressing your feelings and not holding back as you did in this post:).

I might not be the most patient person in the world, but I can generally accept when a long-time poster or someone who generally adds to the board has a complaint.

There's usually something to it.

But when someone who really doesn't add anything consistently complains, it steps right on my last nerve.

As I tell them, there are plenty of UConn boards out there and they have only to choose the one that better suits their needs. We won't miss them.

But they never leave - sometimes they try to save face with some sort of half-hearted comeback, but they never leave.

Reaction Score
He's saying this board is highly censored, while it lets a ton of discussion go on in the cesspool.

How am I making his point for him? Are you saying people should be able to freely toss around a word as offensive as the n word on a forum where the owner/operator has to answer to advertisers in order to keep it free for the users?

I was one of the ones complaining about that word slipping through the filters, I'm glad it's been taken care of. However, that doesn't mean the board is "highly censored".

No, I think I'm in agreement with you, I just think you misinterpreted his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom