Pascal Chukwu | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but does anyone think PC will bar some schools? I can almost certainly think of one!

That's a good question, usually schools only bar other schools on their schedule.

Reaction Score
I've wandered into the cesspool now and again. terrible. the irony of a highly censored board that lets a ton of offensive discussion prevail on another section.
This board may be a lot of things but highly censored is not one of them.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I might not be the most patient person in the world, but I can generally accept when a long-time poster or someone who generally adds to the board has a complaint.

There's usually something to it.

But when someone who really doesn't add anything consistently complains, it steps right on my last nerve.

As I tell them, there are plenty of UConn boards out there and they have only to choose the one that better suits their needs. We won't miss them.

But they never leave - sometimes they try to save face with some sort of half-hearted comeback, but they never leave.
You have have to threaten to drown them in a barrel of rain water!

Reaction Score
You can drop the "n word" on this forum (well you could a month ago). This board is anything but highly censored.

I miss the gifs.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe the Gibbs thread was the culprit for the elmination of gifs. Temery made that decision, and we signed Gibbs. Thanks to the gifs of course.

If gifs aren't back in March 2016 for us to please the mojo gods, then @temery is the easy choice for a hanging.
I never understood how the N word was cool around here but several words referring to excrement are banned.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I never understood how the N word was cool around here but several words referring to excrement are banned.

Who said it was "cool around here"?

That's one of the more stunningly stupid things I've ever seen anyone post.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I thought that the conversation here about the use of that word after Andrew Harrison's comment about Kaminsky was interesting, but I don't recall use of the word in context being accepted.

Except, of course, for that hysterical South Park clip that Tom posted.

Reaction Score

It's an expression, it was "cool around here" it "flew around here." It was accepted on this board at one time while other non-offensive cuss words were banned, glad to hear the N word is no longer tolerated in this forum.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A filter for a site like this is blank document at the start and is built over time.

If the N-word was used once, it got through because someone didn't envision a user being stupid enough to use it.

The profanity filter is ridiculous in some of the ways it's implemented, but to imply that needlessly offensive words were ever tolerated is, well, offensive and you should know better.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I've wandered into the cesspool now and again. terrible. the irony of a highly censored board that lets a ton of offensive discussion prevail on another section.
Maybe, that is why it is called the Cesspool?

Reaction Score
If Paschal is looking at schools within the northeast as some people believe him to be doing, the Big East's rule disallowing men's basketball players from transferring intra-conference bodes well for UConn.

Paschal's host father is a big NY guy (played hoops at Iona), so I wouldn't have been surprised if St. John's was seriously considered had this rule not existed. If the on-campus diversity at PC was actually an issue, going to a school located in Queens would improve the demographics in favor of Paschal's wants/needs.

Taking other Big East school out of the picture will benefit UConn. Now we just have to hope PC doesn't go all sour grapes and block UConn as a possible destination.

For those who want to read the rule, here is the link to the Big East Intra-COnference Transfer rules, provided on FRIARS.com:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools..._non_event/12-compliance-intra-conf-trans.pdf

Reaction Score
Kansas is chasing. I am sure there will be others. We need to get our together or we will lose out.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Any idea if the staff has expressed even the slightest interest in Chukwu?

Reaction Score
Any idea if the staff has expressed even the slightest interest in Chukwu?

Haven't heard anything about UConn other than a news reporter (PC grad, current CT resident/reporter) saying on twitter he heard some rumblings so take that FWIW.

I would expect UConn to give a strong push considering how much interest Ollie showed while Paschal was at Prep. Ollie came to a bunch of games even though at the time it was Providence's race to lose. Ollie likes him a lot.

Reaction Score
Really doubt he'd go there

I agree.. there are a lot of rumors that Paschal wants to be closer to his family in CT. Syracuse is just about as far away north as you can get from CT.

Even if these rumors aren't true, the scholarship reductions will make them less attractive.

Reaction Score
You are a stupid f---.

This board is anything but highly censored.

If you're that unhappy here, just go --- away.

If I could post a gif right now it would be of @James applying some aloe to that burn he just got :D

Reaction Score
Aren't we closer to NY than Syracuse is?
Yeah we are, but it doesn't really help us because after all....Syracuse is "New York's college team" ....aren't they? lol :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom