Pascal Chukwu | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow I haven't seen that much footage on PC. Are there any areas of his game that you would say is more advanced than Hasheem Thabeet's at a similar stage?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wow I haven't seen that much footage on PC. Are there any areas of his game that you would say is more advanced than Hasheem Thabeet's at a similar stage?

If you search Fairfield Prep in Youtube, they have a wide selection of game highlights. He's in almost every one.

Reaction Score
i've seen him a number of times, i live in Fairfield County, he transferred from Trinity Catholic. Unless he made incredible strides offensively, he is very hasheem thabeet like. Very Good defensive player, not much offensive game yet. I would certainly take him though

Reaction Score
i've seen him a number of times, i live in Fairfield County, he transferred from Trinity Catholic. Unless he made incredible strides offensively, he is very hasheem thabeet like. Very Good defensive player, not much offensive game yet. I would certainly take him though

One thing I've never seen Hasheem do that I have seen Chukwu do is make a 3-pointer with perfect jumpshot form.

Reaction Score
From the little I've seen of Chukwu, when he goes to college he will be significantly ahead of where Thabeet was. He will not have any sort of polished offensive game, but people have to really think back to how bad Thabeet was in '06-07, when Calhoun was playing him for the future and you could easily argue we would have been better with Kelly or Mandeldove on the court (oh yes -- I did say that). Thabeet, when he started at UConn, didn't just have no basketball skills -- he didn't understand the game at all.

Is Chukwu's potential for his 3rd or 4th years in college as high as Thabeet's were? Maybe not. But he will come in better on day one. (But, as I said, that is just not saying a lot).'

Reaction Score
Ok, I have to ask. Since Brimah is coming in for 2013-2014 and assuming we sign Chukwu, from everything I've read or the limited videos I've seen, it seems like they are nearly identical in their game. Both Centers.

Amida roughly 6'11" - 215 lbs?
Chuckwu roughly 7'1" - 220 lbs?

Both read as thin shotblockers, rebounders, energy guys... both needing to improve their offensive games outside of put backs & dunks, along with gaining more weight & muscle. Anyone else know a little more about their games than this? Does one stand out more than the other at this time or with something else they do well that's not in the general scouting report?

Reaction Score
Ok, I have to ask. Since Brimah is coming in for 2013-2014 and assuming we sign Chukwu, from everything I've read or the limited videos I've seen, it seems like they are nearly identical in their game. Both Centers.

Amida roughly 6'11" - 215 lbs?
Chuckwu roughly 7'1" - 220 lbs?

Both read as thin shotblockers, rebounders, energy guys... both needing to improve their offensive games outside of put backs & dunks, along with gaining more weight & muscle. Anyone else know a little more about their games than this? Does one stand out more than the other at this time or with something else they do well that's not in the general scouting report?

I see 10 fouls.

Reaction Score
The says of the big, powerful center that is the center of your offensive system are gone. Most (not all) top level teams have a center that rebounds and blocks shots. They only need to be adequate on offense. I think Brimah and PC fit that mold. Surround these guys with solid guards and wings and then you have something.

Don't get me wrong, I would still take Okafor if given the opportunity. Brimah and PC will be more program guys and develop over 4 years. I would be happy withy the addition.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The says of the big, powerful center that is the center of your offensive system are gone. Most (not all) top level teams have a center that rebounds and blocks shots. They only need to be adequate on offense. I think Brimah and PC fit that mold. Surround these guys with solid guards and wings and then you have something.

The last sentence is the most relevant. Steven Adams is going to be a great center next year and a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I've heard he won't be at Fairfield Prep next year, he's going prep school route for senior year. We will get a much better read on his talents going against other big men.

Reaction Score
Isn't Fairfield Prep a Prep School???

not a prep school in the same sense as the Wilbraham & Monsons, Brewsters, Tiltons, St Thomas Moores, South Kents, etc, those type of schools play a very different schedule and are made up of players from all over.

Reaction Score
not a prep school in the same sense as the Wilbraham & Monsons, Brewsters, Tiltons, St Thomas Moores, etc, those type of schools play a very different schedule.

I was being funny...

Reaction Score
Wow. Was going to be their starting center without question, so it certainly isn't due to playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom