Pascal Chukwu | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Remember how they predicted the demise of UConn?
Which time? I seem to remember at least three of those predictions since 2010.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We need a center for next year. All he has to be is as effective as Nolan. Anything beyond that is a plus. The timing would be perfect.

Reaction Score
We need a center for next year. All he has to be is as effective as Nolan. Anything beyond that is a plus. The timing would be perfect.
He will have to sit out a year, Nolan graduates before Chukwu could play in games.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Sorry but you are wrong on this, kid has a lot of talent and would be a player in any conference.
Can't speak of this kid in terms of potential but he was a freshman at Trinity in Stamford when my son was a sophomore there (2010-2011) and I met him a couple of times and spoke with him both times (once at great length). He was very tall (I would say at least 6'11" at the time), very skinny (it wouldn't surprise me if he had a 28" waist and weighed ~150-155 lbs) and was an extremely nice and well mannered young man.

We spoke at length about UConn, our run (under Kemba) to the title that year and he was very excited about the team. If a) he could have committed then and b) he would have been allowed to make the decision entirely on his own I believe he would have come here. Even if he projects as little more than a taller, thinner Nolan I would still love to see him as a Husky.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I didn't state that well.
I know when he is eligible and we don't yet have a back up center for 16-17.. He will have a year of practice with us by then.
Let me try again. At least we get a Nolan replacement with him. At most, we get a talented starting center.
We will need both. I think it works out well either way for us. If he outperforms Nolan, he improves us. I say grab him. Tell him we are a Catholic. St James of Braintree.

Reaction Score
Wrong wording as I agree with you. Just from what the expectations were of each. Although Chukwu was considered a project he was easily a D1 project while Hilton was lucky to get an offer from a UConn type program as I believe only LaSalle offered?

Anyway my bad, you had it right as far as too early to tell!
Correct, Hilton's only other offer was LaSalle.

Reaction Score
Can't speak of this kid in terms of potential but he was a freshman at Trinity in Stamford when my son was a sophomore there (2010-2011) and I met him a couple of times and spoke with him both times (once at great length). He was very tall (I would say at least 6'11" at the time), very skinny (it wouldn't surprise me if he had a 28" waist and weighed ~150-155 lbs) and was an extremely nice and well mannered young man.

We spoke at length about UConn, our run (under Kemba) to the title that year and he was very excited about the team. If a) he could have committed then and b) he would have been allowed to make the decision entirely on his own I believe he would have come here. Even if he projects as little more than a taller, thinner Nolan I would still love to see him as a Husky.
BE CAREFUL. If you are a UCONN season tix holder, and talk to a kid about UCONN it is a violation. If he came here, and a PC troll caught it, the school is in violation. Season tix holders are considered representatives. No joke, for real.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
BE CAREFUL. If you are a UCONN season tix holder, and talk to a kid about UCONN it is a violation. If he came here, and a PC troll caught it, the school is in violation. Season tix holders are considered representatives. No joke, for real.
How could that even be proven? FfldCntyfan, could have just been lying about the whole situation.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize this until just now when I clicked on the Brimah link, but... if Purvis, Hamilton and Brimah leave, UConn has Facey, Adams and Enoch coming back for 2016-2017. That's it.

Holy cow.

And Facey will be a senior.

This means UConn needs to recruit 10 players this year and next.

The staff must be thinking, "When are we going to sleep?"

Alterique Gilbert, Bruce Brown, VJ King, Mamadou Diarra, Wenyen Gabriel, Tyrique Jones, come'on down!!

Tremont Waters, Hamidou Diallo, Jermaine Samuels, Zach Brown, Samuel Japhet-Mathias, Ishmael El Amin, join the fun!

Reaction Score
He also had offers from south carolina and florida international according to an old ctpost article
I thought he had a few offers coming out. That verbal commits site is pretty good though.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I didn't realize this until just now when I clicked on the Brimah link, but... if Purvis, Hamilton and Brimah leave, UConn has Facey, Adams and Enoch coming back for 2016-2017. That's it.

Holy cow.

Alterique Gilbert, Bruce Brown, VJ King, Mamadou Diarra, Wenyen Gabriel, Tyrique Jones, come'on down!!

Tremont Waters, Hamidou Diallo, Jermaine Samuels, Zach Brown, Samuel Japhet-Mathias, Ishmael El Amin, join the fun!
You're forgetting Cassell, and I don't think all 3 leave, namely Purvis.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I was very careful with what I said to the kid. I get a pamphlet every year from the school spelling out things that I cannot do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Correct, Hilton's only other offer was LaSalle.

Not remotely true.

Hilton had an offer from Illinois and others. If he wasn't such a dead nuts lock for UConn, he would have had more - most schools in the area became interested when they heard UConn offered him and then moved on once they found there was no point. I saw the St. John's and Seton Hall staff at Peekskill before he committed to UConn.

He was much more highly regarded than Brimah was coming out of high school - but even Brimah had offers from South Carolina and Wake. Miami would have offered if they didn't already.

The only guy we recruited who truly had no other DI offers was Gavin Edwards. He had one offer from Southern Utah...I figured out how that happened when I spoke to his high school coach. We were with Scout at the time and never heard of Edwards, so I called his school and chatted with the coach. He was...not a good person.

Josh Boone had plenty of offers - he had a bushel of mid-major offers and chose prep school over Rutgers in his senior year.

During his prep year, he committed to UConn over Kansas, Virginia and Georgetown.

Reaction Score
You're forgetting Cassell, and I don't think all 3 leave, namely Purvis.

I thought Cassell came as a JUCO? No. Doesn't that mean 2 years?

As for Purvis, I can easily see him leaving with a good year. He will have spent 4 years in college. The one least likely to leaver, IMO, is Brimah. He needs way too much work right now.

Reaction Score
I thought Cassell came as a JUCO? No. Doesn't that mean 2 years?

As for Purvis, I can easily see him leaving with a good year. He will have spent 4 years in college. The one least likely to leaver, IMO, is Brimah. He needs way too much work right now.
Cassell spent two years in JUCO, but redshirted for one of them.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Holy cow.

I made a post a few weeks ago stating this. The 2016 class will be UConn's most important since the 2011 class. We could have as many as 7 or even 8 scholarships open for 2016. The staff needs to get 2016 commits on-board now. I'll take Chukwu for sure and anyone would be stupid to say otherwise. With Chukwu, we could have a legit 7 footer with experience and 1 year in the system step in at center and have 3 years of eligibility left as Amida departs. That would be a tremendous fit.

Also, awesome that Enoch is willing to reach out to Chukwu with his playing time at risk of being lost to him. Great stuff (as long as it's not 'tampering').

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits