Pascal Chukwu | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Must be tough being a Providence fan, they were talking about being a recruiting juggernaut last year and how Cooley is turning them into a power, they have zero traction lately in recruiting and Chukwu transferring is a huge blow. Wonder if Dunn is regretting his decision to return.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) I'd take him in a heartbeat. Nothing but upside there....but given that he and his peeps don't seem to care for UConn, I'm guessing it's not in the cards.

2) Holy crap, that's really a surprise.

3) What is it about Providence? No matter who the coach it, they're the same train wreck every offseason.

caw

Reaction Score
So now UConn will have lost Dunn (2 years), Chukwu (1 year), Austin (0 years) and Ledo (0 years) to PC. Dunn may be a big loss but I don't think anyone can be too hurt about the others.

Reaction Score
So now UConn will have lost Dunn (2 years), Chukwu (1 year), Austin (0 years) and Ledo (0 years) to PC. Dunn may be a big loss but I don't think anyone can be too hurt about the others.
Shhhh they are the dominant team in New England now remember? This is very surprising though and I almost feel bad for PC fans. Almost.

Reaction Score

Just going to post the same thing. Providence and VCU seem to be snakebitten in that regard.

Reaction Score
I'd take him. 1 year of solid development then 3 years of eligibility will be nice. Definitely have to look at him since losing Amida is a very real possibility.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
1) I'd take him in a heartbeat. Nothing but upside there....but given that he and his peeps don't seem to care for UConn, I'm guessing it's not in the cards.
I thought it was a case of them just liking Providence better. Was there friction or something with our staff?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I wonder where? There's not a lot of small Division 1 Catholic schools in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
This is dare i say ...shocking? As posted above he was to be the clear cut starting center on a team returning a NCAA worthy roster. Where on earth could he be transferring to? Granted PC is not a great launching pad for the league, but it seemed like he was in as good a spot he could be based on skill level, conference etc to make what he could of it.

caw

Reaction Score
I thought it was a case of them just liking Providence better. Was there friction or something with our staff?

Big time Catholic family. His final three were UConn, PC and SJU (the A10 not SJ from the BE). Word was that it was really a final two because of his family. That said they were a big reason he went to PC so maybe if he didn't like it there he makes a different choice this time around.

Reaction Score
Sorry for you guys. It sucks to have a transfer like this. You guys were fortunate to have Kris Dunn come back, so at least not all is lost.

Reaction Score
If I'm remembering correctly, he seemed to prioritize going to a Catholic school.

No idea if that'll be the case with where he transfers, though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I don't think it was friction, but it was fairly obvious that his group of advisors wanted him elsewhere - UConn wasn't really even in the running. (I think it was between St. Josephs and Providence.)

They said they wanted him at a smaller school - looks like that wasn't in his best interests.

Reaction Score
Big time Catholic family. His final three were UConn, PC and SJU (the A10 not SJ from the BE). Word was that it was really a final two because of his family. That said they were a big reason he went to PC so maybe if he didn't like it there he makes a different choice this time around.

It was just the final 2 of PC and SJU, UConn was never a factor

Reaction Score
Mentioned to a friend that PC has not won an NCAA tourn. game in more than 20 years. His reply was a ? : they didn't win with Gomes? They played ONE Tourn game with Gomes and lost to Pacific. Prob. 2004 when they beat us at Gampel!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reaction Score
It was PC, St. Joes and UConn. Catholic school was a big priority but if it's true that diversity is a problem then UConn could be a great option.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
It was just the final 2 of PC and SJU, UConn was never a factor

UConn was always mentioned as in his final three but yes behind the scenes that wasn't really the case at that point.

Reaction Score
Mentioned to a friend that PC has not won an NCAA tourn. game in more than 20 years. His reply was a ? : they didn't win with Gomes? They played ONE Tourn game with Gomes and lost to Pacific. Prob. 2004 when they beat us at Gampel!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Also how did St Joes do in their last appearance? ;)

Reaction Score
He played at trinity catholic for a year and then went to Fairfield Prep before going to Providence, have to think there was some sort pf Cooley connection there. I was never really that impressed watching him in highschool.

Reaction Score
IF indeed this kid is in fact transferring out he should be top priority for Ollie... Get him in the program NOW. Get him in the Summer pick up games NOW... have him for practices all of 2015-16... Get him in our weight program along with focusing on finishing around the basket... He's a perfect match for the c/o 2016 for us...Already has D1 experience too... Get him! NOW

Reaction Score
ktuck911 said:
IF indeed this kid is in fact transferring out he should be top priority for Ollie... Get him in the program NOW. Get him in the Summer pick up games NOW... have him for practices all of 2015-16... Get him in our weight program along with focusing on finishing around the basket... He's a perfect match for the c/o 2016 for us...Already has D1 experience too... Get him! NOW
It gives is a very clear 1-2 in priorities: Larrier and Chukwu. Doesn't mess with chemistry, brings in the two positions we're going to need to replace.

caw

Reaction Score
It gives is a very clear 1-2 in priorities: Larrier and Chukwu. Doesn't mess with chemistry, brings in the two positions we're going to need to replace.

Would also space out classes a bit better. Dream of having Larrier, Diarra (Friday) and Chukwu and King visiting would be fantastic and maybe Fultz committed to UL and Gilbert down to 3 or 4. I can dream right.

Reaction Score
Out of the people wanting Chuck, who have seen him play? I dont think UConn needs more big men projects. Brimah already has a hard time staying on the court. Chuck needs to put on weight and hit the weight room. He gets shoved around by bigger centers. If Hamilton plays the 4 like they had deandre play it in 2014, Brimah is going to eat up the major chunk of minutes at the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom