Pascal Chukwu | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pascal Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We could potentially be down to 4 or 5 returning players in 2016-17 depending on how well Purvis, DHam, and Brimah play this year. Maybe even Adams - who knows.

Getting one or both of Larrier and Chukwu would be great to keep some consistency, and keep the classes more balanced.

Reaction Score
It gives is a very clear 1-2 in priorities: Larrier and Chukwu. Doesn't mess with chemistry, brings in the two positions we're going to need to replace.
It really would be perfect, in addition we would get two very good talents that would learn the system for a year and would be ready right away the following year. Maybe the best thing is it would balance out the roster. '16 is going to be a big recruiting year but you don't want a class of 7 players.

Reaction Score
Out of the people wanting Chuck, who have seen him play? I dont think UConn needs more big men projects. Brimah already has a hard time staying on the court. Chuck needs to put on weight and hit the weight room. He gets shoved around by bigger centers. If Hamilton plays the 4 like they had deandre play it in 2014, Brimah is going to eat up the major chunk of minutes at the 5.
His stats aren't good but I've been impressed when I saw him play last season, he definitely has talent.

Reaction Score
Letsgohuskies11 said:
Out of the people wanting Chuck, who have seen him play? I dont think UConn needs more big men projects. Brimah already has a hard time staying on the court. Chuck needs to put on weight and hit the weight room. He gets shoved around by bigger centers. If Hamilton plays the 4 like they had deandre play it in 2014, Brimah is going to eat up the major chunk of minutes at the 5.
What's the downside? He'll have a year to bulk up and learn the offense, a year to bang against Miller, Brimah, Nolan, Facey, and Enoch, he ain't scaring recruits away, and if he were to cap out at a solid, 4-year back-up (3 here)? Great! You always need those.

Reaction Score
What's the downside? He'll have a year to bulk up and learn the offense, a year to bang against Miller, Brimah, Nolan, Facey, and Enoch, he ain't scaring recruits away, and if he were to cap out at a solid, 4-year back-up (3 here)? Great! You always need those.

It's ironic that Uconn was better with a Charles Owkandu in 2011 or 2014 Brimah than with having Drummond

i was always impressed how we managed to get by winning against teams with more dominate big men on paper. But uconn always made it work.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
It really would be perfect, in addition we would get two very good talents that would learn the system for a year and would be ready right away the following year. Maybe the best thing is it would balance out the roster. '16 is going to be a big recruiting year but you don't want a class of 7 players.
This last part is particularly important. Our APR ban came from the HUGE recruiting class of 2007: Dyson, Sticks, Edwards, Mandeldove, Wiggins, Kelly, Thabeet, and I think another player I'm forgetting. We lost players to transfer (both from that year and from holdovers) and we had a miserable year to boot.

Were we to get each (longshot I'm sure), we'd have 4 sophomores their first year rather than 2, and our 2016 class can be more reasonably sized. But having 2 sophomores, when coupled with only 1 junior (if Hamilton would be there) and a boatload of freshmen, is a problem.

Reaction Score

Assuming Brimah doesn't leave early, there would be a full 2.5 years between now and the day that Chukwu would be our starting center. And that assumes we don't get somebody like Zack Brown in the next two recruiting classes.

We have the scholarships and the time to develop this kid.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not saying it's possible or likely but really with 4 seniors and 2 available scholarships picking up a good fit via transfer makes sense. Even two makes sense. Especially if the NCAA does away with immediate eligibility for fifth year transfers. Of course UConn may not even be the favorite for either Larrier or Chukwu.

Reaction Score
We have the scholarships so its worth taking the chance on developing him. I have not been overly impressed by what I have seen of him though.

If he wants to win and play for a relevant program leaving PC is a good decision.

Reaction Score
Cooley and most of the PC board talk about Chukwu being a future NBA player, this isn't some stiff or major project. Ollie should be on the phone with him right now.

Reaction Score
Uconn's a a perfect school for him. He'd be able to buddy up with Amida Nolan Enoch and Facey while he sits out and would get instant PT at 5 the following year. Uconn is a fun diverse University that also has great academics. I'm not sure he could do much better?

Reaction Score
Uconn's a a perfect school for him. He'd be able to buddy up with Amida Nolan Enoch and Facey while he sits out and would get instant PT at 5 the following year. Uconn is a fun diverse University that also has great academics. I'm not sure he could do much better?
He can also buddy up with some of the guards too. This is about diversity after all.

Reaction Score
Cooley and most of the PC board talk about Chukwu being a future NBA player, this isn't some stiff or major project. Ollie should be on the phone with him right now.

Future NBAer who averaged under 10 minutes a game. Is that the "diversity" they speak of?

Reaction Score
Direct quote from the Providence Message Board, "If he winds up at UConn I'll puke."
I call BS. There is no such thing as a "Providence Message Board."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32