OT- Tony Stewart | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT- Tony Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry, pal, but we've got a board full if Internet detectives, and we're going to come to ironclad conclusions based on the absolute minimum of evidence, and certainly no relevant expertise.
Ahhh gotta love the internet. Where driving your accord to work everyday gives you the knowledge to judge how he was handling his race car on a banked dirt track.

Reaction Score
WhereistheDove? said:
Ahhh gotta love the internet. Where driving your accord to work everyday gives you the knowledge to judge how he was handling his race car on a banked dirt track.

I'm sorry, but I've looked over the evidence and it is perfectly clear that those tracks could not have been made by a '64 Buick Skylark.

Reaction Score
I'd rather watch The View than Nascar, so I don't have any horse in this race.

It's completely, unequivocally silly to even mention criminal charges in this matter.

Here are the facts:

Dude wearing black outfit and black helmet gets onto dark track and puts himself into the potential path of oncoming vehicles, which he knows are there.

He intentionally puts himself into close proximity with a car driver.

He is hit and killed by that driver.

The video doesn't show Stewart "speeding up" or "driving at him." If anything, he was worried about hitting this Darwinian Exhibit A and steered left, causing his ass end to kick out right.

No reasonable person could conclude, beyond a reasonable doubt, or even close to that standard, that Stewart intentionally or recklessly hit this idiot.

Not to be put too blunt a tip on it - but you either have an axe to grind against this guy or you're not a reasonable person if you look at this and think that this is criminal liability here.

And this is what is scary about the justice system - get a DA looking for exposure or a LEO with no common sense and maybe they start the process and this becomes a huge waste of everybody's time.

Clearly you haven't watched a lot of racing or are not familiar with the skills and abilities of an experienced driver like Tony Stewart. While there is no way Tony intended to hit the young man, witness accounts and the circumstances of the incident suggest he purposely made an aggressive and negligent move that while not intended to hurt anyone, was the main factor in his death. These situations happen all the time and are predictable to the driver who dumps an opponent into the fence. While I've never seen one end like this I'll bet there have been close calls that we'll be hearing about.

Given his experience and talent level one could suggest Tony either knew, or should have anticipated the other driver would approach his car. If in fact he did what people are saying he made a tragic mistake despite the actions of the other driver. Trying to scare the other guy rather than avoiding him may have looked like a split second decision to you and me, but that's because we're not an elite driver in NASCAR and multiple other racing divisions. I'm not anti Tony Stewart in any way but suggesting anyone who might find him at fault here is unreasonable speaks to a degree of naivety (kindly phrased) on this subject.

Reaction Score
The Corvette, which could never be confused with the Buick Skylark.

Anyone else get this reference?
Joe Pesci in My cousin Vinnie
The last Movie of Fred Gwynn.
Shakespearean actor turned TV legendary goofball.

Reaction Score
. . . but suggesting anyone who might find him at fault here is unreasonable speaks to a degree of naivety (kindly phrased) on this subject.
Yeah man, but that's not what I wrote. I wrote that believing that there is criminal liability is unreasonable. BIG DIFFERENCE. Not the same as "find him at fault."

Surely it may have been his fault, in whole or in part. But the evidence presented doesn't come close to constituting a crime, whether or not he has any fault.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The fishtail after he hit the guy is probably a result of his having hit the guy.

If that tape is all there is, there is no way he's even charged.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Given his experience and talent level one could suggest Tony either knew, or should have anticipated the other driver would approach his car. If in fact he did what people are saying he made a tragic mistake despite the actions of the other driver. Trying to scare the other guy rather than avoiding him may have looked like a split second decision to you and me, but that's because we're not an elite driver in NASCAR and multiple other racing divisions. I'm not anti Tony Stewart in any way but suggesting anyone who might find him at fault here is unreasonable speaks to a degree of naivety (kindly phrased) on this subject.

Are you honestly suggesting that Tony Stewart should have known that this guy would run out onto a hot track? I'm sorry but I find that 100% ridiculous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The root cause is that a young guy was trying to act like his heroes and he did something stupid like walk into traffic. In typical NASCAR fashion, they will now close the barn door after the animals got out.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Strummer, you went to law school? And you think there has to be intent to kill to be charged with a crime?

Reaction Score
Strummer, you went to law school? And you think there has to be intent to kill to be charged with a crime?

There has to be intent to commit a crime. Not necessarily intent to kill. Maybe intent to intimidate. Which Strummer is implying there is no evidence of, and I agree. That's how the court system works. You need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone committed a crime, and there is plenty of reasonable doubt, given the facts.

Reaction Score
That's insane. Those aren't facts. Most of those are opinions.

Stewart makes no attempt to miss the guy, and even turns into him a little.

Other drivers had no problem missing the guy.

When there's a wreck on top, you drop the to the bottom.

I don't care one lick about Stewart one way or the other.

And I agree the guy walking on the track is an idiot.

We'll see what NASCAR has to say about the vehicular manslaughter.

you do realize it's a dirt track... cars don't quite turn on a dime.
if anything, it looks like he tried to turn at the last second.

as for other drivers missing him, its more like the kid avoided the other cars then closed in on Tony's car.

Reaction Score
It terrifies me how many people are ready to bust out the pitchforks and start a mob over this, given the total lack of evidence. It's one thing to be an "immature idiot," but it's an entirely different thing to kill a man. I hope I am never judged by a jury of my peers, because my peers are way too quick to assume guilt and don't seem to understand "reasonable doubt" or "proof."

Reaction Score
I promise you I don't have an axe to grind, have you not watched Stewart's actions over the years? I could care less about Nascar and don't watch it but I'm well aware of his behavior over the years and it's pretty well known the guy has acted like an immature idiot many times in the past.
you don't have an axe to grind but your making a judgement about someone intentionally killing another individual based on questionable behavior in the past.
unless that questionable behavior included attempted murder, it sounds like you just might have an axe in your hand.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Funny thing is I haven't seen one person here say Stewart intentionally killed Ward. Not one. Yet there are several people accusing others here of saying just that.

Some of y'all need to do a better job reading posts instead of reading into posts.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tomei looked so hot in that movie and to top it off she was great!

Agreed. Minus the accent, which made her role good, but took away slightly from the hotness. Oh, who are we kidding? I would 100 times out of 100.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There has to be intent to commit a crime. Not necessarily intent to kill. Maybe intent to intimidate. Which Strummer is implying there is no evidence of, and I agree. That's how the court system works. You need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone committed a crime, and there is plenty of reasonable doubt, given the facts.

Don't eye witnesses count for anything? Granted, I haven't heard much along those lines. I have to think that if it was truly egregious, it would be all over the net.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
Agreed. Minus the accent, which made her role good, but took away slightly from the hotness. Oh, who are we kidding? I would 100 times out of 100.

She was better in the Wrestler, and more naked.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
you do realize it's a dirt track... cars don't quite turn on a dime.
if anything, it looks like he tried to turn at the last second.

as for other drivers missing him, its more like the kid avoided the other cars then closed in on Tony's car.

I acknowledged the first point later in the thread. Also, if he tried to turn at the last second, he went the wrong way (not possible for a driver that skilled); those type of cars naturally turn the other way due to different sized wheels. More likely, the fishtail was a result of contact with the kid.
Don't agree with the second point. the kid was most aggressive towards the car before Tony.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It terrifies me how many people are ready to bust out the pitchforks and start a mob over this, given the total lack of evidence. It's one thing to be an "immature idiot," but it's an entirely different thing to kill a man. I hope I am never judged by a jury of my peers, because my peers are way too quick to assume guilt and don't seem to understand "reasonable doubt" or "proof."

Can't you be charged with manslaughter with zero intent? I am not a lawyer, so I have zero idea. The police have already backed off, so it wouldn't happen anyway.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Funny thing is I haven't seen one person here say Stewart intentionally killed Ward. Not one. Yet there are several people accusing others here of saying just that.

Some of y'all need to do a better job reading posts instead of reading into posts.

Most accurate post in the thread? People are more reactionary in the defense to a greater degree than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom