OT- Tony Stewart | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Tony Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've watched it and I'm by no means a Stewart fan but he did not try to hit him. He definitely gave the car an Kid thrust as he passed and it looks like it made the rear kick out. But there's no way he was trying to hit him. If you want to hit someone with your car, you use the front, not a rear tire.

As for other drivers missing him, you can see the 45 car in front of him having to take pretty severe action to miss him and it's also very likely that the kid was way closer to Stewart's car than anyone else as that is the guy he was trying to confront.

Stewart should have taken drastic action as well. The only way he turns is slightly to the left.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Agree the kid shouldn't have run onto track but this happens all the time in racing during cautions, completely disagree with everything else you said.

No, it doesn't happen all the time. The kid was trying to be a tough guy and an accident happened.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm asking you.

Hard to tell. Does it matter? Stewart didn't get low nor take any evasive action whatsoever.

And again, the guy walking on the track was a freaking moron.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hard to tell. Does it matter? Stewart didn't get low nor take any evasive action whatsoever.

Yeah, it does matter. You said you were "pretty sure Stewart actually accelerated into him." Now you say it's hard to tell.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah, it does matter. You said you were "pretty sure Stewart actually accelerated into him." Now you say it's hard to tell.

You can accelerate into a guy sideways. It's not that hard to imagine. I'm pulling back a little bit bit on the throttle thing, as it could have been another car I'm hearing.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't have any idea how those cars operate or behave and am dead certain that anyone here who pretends to is talking out of their asses.

I have no idea what happened in that video aside from it just being horrific.

Reaction Score
I will not watch the video, but if everyone easily got past the guy except for the guy he collided with, it is a little suspicious. Remember these guys are professional drivers. I'm sure a better effort could have been made to avoid running someone over. Rage makes people do crazy things.

Reaction Score
I dont buy stewart 'lost control'. the guy had mulitple cars drive by him that actually slowed down. he was on the track standing up for a good 8-10 seconds. stewart isn't driving blind folded. All this coupled with the fact thats its already been noted stewart is a maniac, he was probably trying to intimidate him/ come close to clipping him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There's a pretty big difference between being a guy who mixes it up on and off the track (Stewart) and intentionally trying to clip a guy with your car on the track.

A lot of people on here have no clue about these cars or what happened basedon the video. Realize you're accusing Stewart of murder by making some if these statements.

Reaction Score
There's a pretty big difference between being a guy who mixes it up on and off the track (Stewart) and intentionally trying to clip a guy with your car on the track.

A lot of people on here have no clue about these cars or what happened basedon the video. Realize you're accusing Stewart of murder by making some if these statements.
More like vehicular manslaughter, the more I watch the video the more it seems clear to me that Stewart intentionally got close to Ward and accelerated to scare him and things went horribly wrong. they both made terrible choices but I think it's pretty clear Stewart could have avoided him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For someone that watches all forms of racing regularly, in order to steer the sprint cars accelerating and whipping it into the turn is the fastest way to turn the car. They aren't like normal cars - the inside rear tire is much smaller than the outside, so in order to get a quick snap turn, you need to slam on the gas and yank the wheel to get the car sideways.

Tony went to avoid him, but Ward kept charging at him. Regardless both drivers up and are equally held responsible. No way Ward should have gotten out of his car. I know it happens from time to time, but its never advised nor is it safe. But I think Tony's racing career is over - sponsors will want to stay away.

Reaction Score
Well most people don't accelerate into a guy walking around the track. They try to break, and, I don't know, actually avoid the guy in question?
He's also got about a million other things going on besides some moron juking in to oncoming racing traffic. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't see the guy until the last second and kinda panicked, which makes it look like he was for some f-cked-up reason aiming for him.

Reaction Score
He's also got about a million other things going on besides some moron juking in to oncoming racing traffic. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't see the guy until the last second and kinda panicked, which makes it look like he was for some f-cked-up reason aiming for him.
You don't think he saw him, seriously?

Reaction Score
I don't think he saw him either...until the last second. He's coming around a left turn with a car in front of him so his line of sight to the right side of the track where Ward was is obstructed.

Reaction Score
Stewart makes no attempt to miss the guy, and even turns into him a little.
You clearly have an axe to grind or you are unreasonable.
The video posted in this thread - the only one I've seen on the Net so far - pans away from the guy who got hit right before Stewart's car gets there, and so we only see a split second of Stewart before he has reached the guy. It's not even just unreasonable - it's ridiculous - to say that "he makes no attempt to miss the guy." You'd have to have a lot more video to see the path he was on.
Your conclusion here is UNREASONABLE.

Other drivers had no problem missing the guy.
He stayed up near his car until just before Stewart came around. He only started moving down the track a few cars in front of Stewart. So, really, only a car or two had to avoid the guy, and, of course, it was Stewart he wanted to go after, so he may have been even closer to Stewart's car - hard to see.
Your conclusion here is UNREASONABLE.

When there's a wreck on top, you drop the to the bottom.
Sounds reasonable. But your implication is that Stewart was intentionally "high". Problem is, that track didn't look 4 cars wide. The guy's wreck was at the top. He was occupying the second width from the top. The car that passed before Stewart was in the 2nd spot. Stewart looked about 2 or 3 feet higher than that.
It's UNREASONABLE to imply that Stewart was "high" on the track inappropriately. He was about in the middle, and a least a car and half's width from the wreck. The problem was the idiot running around in the middle of the track.

Point is this. You are emotional/irrational about this. Not sure why. But when you make claims like "he didn't try to steer away from the guy" and all we have is 1/10th of a second of his driving path, it makes it clear that you want this guy guilty of murder no matter what.

In any event, I think it's not impossible that Stewart intentionally boarded the guy. Then intentionally drove close to him to try to give him the big Screw U. Heck, I even think it's possible, although unlikely, that he tried to hit the dude to send a message. Jeez - it's even possible that he tried to kill the guy.

But the evidence we have doesn't come close to supporting that claim, unless we're living in medieval England and the King had money on the dead guy.

What NASCAR should say about this is: "we sorry we've been remiss in our duty to protect our drivers. After today, getting out of your car unless there is a [color] flag out is an automatic 1 year ban."

What they will say is something about unfortunate accident, we'll review the rules, implement one a few days to weeks or months later that purports to solve the problem, and clear Stewart. Bank it.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I saw the Video.
it's Disturbing to say the least.

bottom line is, You can't get out of your car and walk around on the track.
while cars are still racing.
No One but Tony Himself, Knows what his intentions were.

Reaction Score
Every time you throttle the engine with those cars you fish tail. To me Stewart was trying to scare the kid by accelerating and fish tailing towards him to make a point and he accidentally clipped and killed him

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Every time you throttle the engine with those cars you fish tail. To me Stewart was trying to scare the kid by accelerating and fish tailing towards him to make a point and he accidentally clipped and killed him
Pretty much - spray dirt on him, but he sprayed dead on him instead.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Horrific event, no doubt.
Ward clearly gets out of his car and deliberately maneuvers to get directly in front of Stewart's car as it is coming around (he even appears to slide left and right a bit, to better get in position).
I didn't see any video that showed Stewart's car before the impact, but commentators did mention that he was driving faster than the specified speed for a caution condition.
Guess we will have to let the incident be fully investigated in order for a full resolution, but from what I saw Ward clearly was very reckless in what he did and Stewart cannot be completely blameless if he was exceeding the specified speed.

Reaction Score
To me Stewart was trying to scare the kid by accelerating and fish tailing towards him to make a point and he accidentally clipped and killed him
What is your evidence for this? The only video out there doesn't show any "fishtailing" until after Stewart's car passes the guy, and that fishtail is away from the guy, not toward him. If the ass end of Stewart's car was, in fact, fishtailing toward the kid right before the camera pans back - which is just speculation - then isn't equally likely that Stewart was trying to cut hard left to avoid the guy, and that's what caused the fish tail?

Jesus. This thread shows exactly why so many innocent people end up in jails in the US - people make up their minds about guilt way too quickly, and then rely on dodgy observations to surmise guilt.

Reaction Score
What is your evidence for this? The only video out there doesn't show any "fishtailing" until after Stewart's car passes the guy, and that fishtail is away from the guy, not toward him. If the ass end of Stewart's car was, in fact, fishtailing toward the kid right before the camera pans back - which is just speculation - then isn't equally likely that Stewart was trying to cut hard left to avoid the guy, and that's what caused the fish tail?

Jesus. This thread shows exactly why so many innocent people end up in jails in the US - people make up their minds about guilt way too quickly, and then rely on dodgy observations to surmise guilt.
You sure seem to have made up your mind on Stewart's innocence too quickly and have stated things as facts when they are your opinions.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You sure seem to have made up your mind on Stewart's innocence too quickly and have stated things as facts when they are your opinions.
Strummer can absolutely rub people the wrong way, but in this case he's absolutely correct. Stewart is currently innocent according to our system and the video evidence is so non conclusive that any other conclusion is driven by emotions, dislike, or some other reaction that isn't allowed in our system. If evidence is found to the contrary, that could change and he has clearly stated that earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom