OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT:Drunk kid wants his Mac and cheese at the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think this kid is "garden variety" 19 year old drunk. Maybe beyond what most of us ever experience. I have seen this kind of crap.

But, what's different (that I would tell an audience of college age kids) is the presence of a phone taking video. ALL of this is instantly there to bring you to ever worse endings.
I don't think he's garden variety at all.

Reaction Score
Not saying he deserves a second chance. Saying he needs help more than anything else, and that it's a shame that alcohol, which was the original problem at UMass, got him in trouble again at UConn.

I agree with you. His behavior was beyond cruel, embarassing and unacceptable. But, given this and past behavior this kid needs help. There is something underlying here that drives this kind of behavior and gives someone the ability to treat another person this way. Alcohol greatly influenced the situation but something tells me he treats people poorly when sober. Let the University discipline how they will, but I really hope someone gives this kid a chance and helps him turn things around. We are all scumbags in our own way. Grace and forgiveness goes a long way and can help him get back on the right path of human decency and respect.

Anyone on the board know him? It's tough to say, but I root for a kid like this to turn things around, where one day he can shake that Managers hand and sincerely apologize for his behavior, while thanking him for showing great patience and grace in the situation.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
6 pages in and still no review of the actual mac and cheese in question. I would have thought at least a few of the students on the boneyard would have gone over and given it a try.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I agree with you. His behavior was beyond cruel, embarassing and unacceptable. But, given this and past behavior this kid needs help. There is something underlying here that drives this kind of behavior and gives someone the ability to treat another person this way. Alcohol greatly influenced the situation but something tells me he treats people poorly when sober. Let the University discipline how they will, but I really hope someone gives this kid a chance and helps him turn things around. We are all scumbags in our own way. Grace and forgiveness goes a long way and can help him get back on the right path of human decency and respect.

Anyone on the board know him? It's tough to say, but I root for a kid like this to turn things around, where one day he can shake that Managers hand and sincerely apologize for his behavior, while thanking him for showing great patience and grace in the situation.
I would not be at all surprised this kid grew up in a family with alcoholism, that he has a genetic trait for that problem and has had a fair share of physical and or emotional abuse by one or both of his parents. His lack of control is beyond any ability to use reason to get it under control. He needs help and not physical abuse, if I'm correct. Although it may satisfy us to see the world attack him and his family the satisfaction will be at the expense of finding a solution to help him and his family.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Were you a UConn RA or ever involved in Residential Life?
My son was and I'm aware of a lot of the alcohol problems that he had to deal with. There were kids who were self destructive as well as kids having a good time and not realizing they were reaching a point in which they were losing mental acuity. And they both manifested the same stupid out of control behavior. I'm not basing my opinion on this one instance. I'm basing it on his history. The kid is an alcoholic with an emotional kicker thrown in.

Reaction Score
Were you a UConn RA or ever involved in Residential Life?

Most college kids have probably acted like an balloon knot when they've been drunk before.

But not like that. And most haven't been arrested 3 times for this type of thing.

Reaction Score
If you get behind the curtain of "Residential Life" of most major Universities, you see incredible behavior. Alcohol is certainly a core issue in a preponderance of the bigger incidents. And ... yes ... there is a lot of self-destructive behavior (including many suicide attempts). I am certain that many schools have these kind of guys.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If you get behind the curtain of "Residential Life" of most major Universities, you see incredible behavior. Alcohol is certainly a core issue in a preponderance of the bigger incidents. And ... yes ... there is a lot of self-destructive behavior (including many suicide attempts). I am certain that many schools have these kind of guys.
We're just disagreeing about semantics. I'm aware most of us go through phases. And I'm aware it isn't unusual for a sizable portion of the high school and college student body to celebrate their relative freedom from adult supervision by behaving recklessly. I'm also aware that the only reason some of us live past our twenties is purely the result of luck. I still stand by my observation. This kid has severe emotional issues. I could be wrong but I'd err on the side of caution every time based on his history.

Reaction Score
how epic would it have been if it was Purvis instead of the cook with the full nelson take down. We couldve already started polishing trophy #5

in related news, the University of Connecticut Mens Basketball team has been given the death penalty by the NCAA...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I know but you have the power to choose positive or negative. Just suggesting you not relinquish it, we've got a season to get through.

Nah. If it was sarcasm I'm ready to have a go at him. I love the sport of engagement and he's fairly reasonable. If It's sincerity I'll have to set him straight.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I know but you have the power to choose positive or negative. Just suggesting you not relinquish it, we've got a season to get through.

Funny that Jim Carrey plays this role which is almost the opposite of his part in Truman Show. The Truman show is one of my favorite movies. You probably hate that movie because it's all about humanity obsessed with other humans via a medium (basing this on the girls at the game thread).

Which is funny coming from any of us who obsess about a sport.

Reaction Score
I think this kid is "garden variety" 19 year old drunk. Maybe beyond what most of us ever experience. I have seen this kind of crap.

But, what's different (that I would tell an audience of college age kids) is the presence of a phone taking video. ALL of this is instantly there to bring you to ever worse endings.
Garden variety?

Please don't introduce me to your friends, lol.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On second viewing, this kid has a gift.

"...it's gonna be posted somewhere, and you're gonna look like a f*ing tool"

I'm pretty sure he can see the future. Just needs a bit of calibration.
I showed it to my wife an hour ago and she guffawed when he said that.

Reaction Score
Nah. If it was sarcasm I'm ready to have a go at him. I love the sport of engagement and he's fairly reasonable. If It's sincerity I'll have to set him straight.
I knew you meant this, but I enjoy your in-season spats. Just hoping you would hold back a few more weeks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I thought he likely borked his future with that, but I had no idea.

Just got home from work and I was scrolling up to the Yankee game and I passed by three different new channels showing the clip.

If his parents are smart, the kid has junior college, rehab and a part-time job in food service in his immediate future. (And a stretch of community service, no doubt.)

Between now and the time he enters the workforce, he better be sprinkling his resume with gold because that Google search is going to be murderous. Work with orphans, dig wells in the African desert, join the Marines, the French Foreign Legion...anything that puts something good between you and the Mac and Cheese kerfuffle.

The internet is brilliant at wrecking people and then moving on to the next target. He's brought it on himself, of course, but he's still just 19 and you'd hope he has time to dig his way out.

And a thought about his parents - I'm guessing that the two arrests in a week that got him tossed out of UMass were far from isolated incidents. Boomeranging him back to another college campus seems to have been only slightly less irresponsible than bring an open container to mac and cheese night.

And f--- all you students who can order mac and cheese whenever you want. You're all soft, emo twits and life will crush you. Bring back the days where they served students gray beef from dairy cows that keeled over in their stalls. Life is gray beef, people. Don't let jalapeño bacon mac and cheese delude you.

Reaction Score
in related news, the University of Connecticut Mens Basketball team has been given the death penalty by the NCAA...
mark-emmert-ee3b4c874a93a2c1.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
you beat me to saying this exact thing...the only thing that I will add is that back in my neighborhood, back in the 70's/80's, wearing flip flops after the age of 12, anywhere, except the beach or the pool, would have gotten you taunted.

You clearly did not grow up near the beach.

Reaction Score
The Mac and cheese is legitimately probably the best I've had anywhere, its that good.

As for bacon jalapeño Mac and cheese that isn't a thing that exists there...

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The Mac and cheese is legitimately probably the best I've had anywhere, its that good.

As for bacon jalapeño Mac and cheese that isn't a thing that exists there...
So your telling me he's delusional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01